Juan Mata

Severinb

:lol: Does it really matter though with this comparison?

The point I'm making is. Mata used to play as a winger from his youth level, in valencia, and in his first season with us.

RDM changed him to the center.

Mourinho changed him back to his valencia wing position because he doesn't like to lose the midfield battle.

When we say he is playing bad because he is playing in the wings is not true because mata is not a one dimensional player that must stay in the center of any team in the world or he'll be playing 30-40% which is benayoun level. That was his original position.

The point I'm making is. Mata used to play as a winger from his youth level, in valencia, and in his first season with us.

RDM changed him to the center.

Mourinho changed him back to his valencia wing position because he doesn't like to lose the midfield battle.

When we say he is playing bad because he is playing in the wings is not true because mata is not a one dimensional player that must stay in the center of any team in the world or he'll be playing 30-40% which is benayoun level. That was his original position.

Yes, that maybe true but I mentioned it previously, if we play Mata out wide, we'll only see a good Mata. Play in the No.10 and we'll see a great Mata. He is by no means a one dimensional player but think we can see the difference in his level of effectiveness when being played in those two positions. One would of course argue that he did play there at Valencia and did well but then again, you'll have to keep in mind the different system and approach that they play then and we now. And I wouldn't exactly say Mata was a qualified success when he played out wide for us under AVB, even if he had some good moments there.

Yes, that maybe true but I mentioned it previously, if we play Mata out wide, we'll only see a good Mata. Play in the No.10 and we'll see a great Mata. He is by no means a one dimensional player but think we can see the difference in his level of effectiveness when being played in those two positions. One would of course argue that he did play there at Valencia and did well but then again, you'll have to keep in mind the different system and approach that they play then and we now. And I wouldn't exactly say Mata was a qualified success when he played out wide for us under AVB, even if he had some good moments there.

I can see the difference. Like in the carling cup against arsenal. But he also had great games in the wings against tottenham and southampton at the bridge.

I just don't think mourinho has told him to play center back and ruined him. (Coming to think of it, mata plays in the wings for spain too)

I think if we had very clinical players in the team who score their every chance like mancity or madrid, mata would play far more games. Ozil played like mata (but he is faster on the counter) but ozil had ronaldo to guarantee 2 goals a match because of far better finishing. But because we can't kill off teams with our poor finishing, there is always a danger to lose points. And this is a main problem for mata to me.

Mourinho can't sacrifice defensive duties in the midfield because we are not clinical enough in front of goal to do that. So this is why oscar plays middle more than mata.

Would Ronaldo, Iniesta, Messi, Silva, Ozil or Ibra get into this team considering they don't track back and win tackles? That seems to be the only argument against Mata it seems.

Apart from the guy who somehow believes Oscar is a better playmaker than Mata anyway.

37 mil is a lot, accepted but united is still united. it would be IDIOTIC to strengthen them with some1 like MATA. swap deal with rooney or no deal.

i would rather sell mata to PSG for 30mil than to united for 37mil.

is it possible that moyes want revenge because we disturbed united dressing room with mou saying lot of stuff about rooney? if yes thats pathetic move

but 37 million pounds seems like fair because chelsea not the club that need to sell players esp with england rival. 25 mp + rooney seems good.

united is so fuck up, they need to buy star players, and everybody know they have big budget. knowing that fact, good luck acquiring star players with reasonable prices :D

I'm also struggling to see the vast improvement we've made this season as well. We're still third like we were last season despite Man Utd's epic collapse. We struggled in a piss easy CL group and we got knocked out in the the League Cup by the worst team in the League.

The same Mata the Mourinho fanboys are eager to trash and get rid of in favour that wanker Rooney, (that will be 30 next season) helped us win the (elusive) Champions League, Fa Cup and Europa League in his first two seasons. All of a sudden he's a liability that can't even start against a Championship team.

All because we're third in the League and won games without him in the team. Liverpool have a better record without Suarez in the team, did they make the wrong choice not selling him to Arsenal in the summer instead of building the team around Sturridge & Coutinho?

I'm also struggling to see the vast improvement we've made this season as well. We're still third like we were last season despite Man Utd's epic collapse. We struggled in a piss easy CL group and we got knocked out in the the League Cup by the worst team in the League.

The same Mata the Mourinho fanboys are eager to trash and get rid of in favour that wanker Rooney, (that will be 30 next season) helped us win the (elusive) Champions League, Fa Cup and Europa League in his first two seasons. All of a sudden he's a liability that can't even start against a Championship team.

All because we're third in the League and won games without him in the team. Liverpool have a better record without Suarez in the team, did they make the wrong choice not selling him to Arsenal in the summer instead of building the team around Sturridge & Coutinho?

You mean we have actually won trophies since mata joined. I was told he's the reason for our failure and downfall over the past 2 seasons. I'm not sure who to believe. I think I will go with the "experts"

:lol: The blasphemy from you lot is unreal. :carlo:

in fairness heskey was more "hardworking" and "physically dominant" therefore he would have "fit into the system" better than any of the legendary strikers including Van basten,pele,Eusebio,Puskas et al. iz all about ze system. Not to mention he was the striker who invented this one of a kind trademark stepover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcybWhYg0jI&feature=player_detailpage

can you see any other striker pulling that off.

We played 6 and won 4 in our Champions League group. Hardly struggling. League Cup? Do we really count the League Cup as a priority?

I haven't seen anyone trashing Mata, and saying he's a poor player, In fact, My first post here was stating that I'd start to question Jose if he didn't start at the weekend.

Anyone can see we've been a far better side this season. The league is far tougher to win then last season, and we're already 7 points better off then we were at this stage last season. Last year was embarrassing for the club, i.e That embarrassing Super Cup defeat to Athletico off all teams, Rafa coming in, The Club World Cup and some of the dismal league displays we put in.

Mata helped us win the CL?, lmao.

*Napoli + a corner in the final*, other than that he did very little. We were over reliant on one player and because of that we were a mere cup team who couldn't challenge in the league.

. Fragile/weak
. Leaves full backs exposed when out wide
. Zero pace (literally zero)
. Limited to one role on the pitch