Loan a player who we are building a team around

Loan a player who is at the peak of their career

Loan a player who is one of the best in the league

Loan a player who plays a style we want to play

Loan a player who is one of our only left footed players

Loan a player the manager wants to keep

Something doesn't add up here does it? It won't happen

When has "adding up" ever meant that it will or won't happen at Chelsea?! :P

Most probably bullshit rumor for all the reasons stated above, but honestly I don't put anything beyond our club anymore.

im not worried one bit about mata going anywhere. He will show mourinho why he's our two time best player

imagine how mata will enjoy feeding speedstars with accurate through-balls to wizard

willian - mata - hazard

i officially name this mawizard :D

So it's like

Mah Wizard!

:D

Why would Roman do that ? He does not give interviews. He hired Jose to tell the media where to go.

Whatever comes out of Spain, who cares, do you ?

BECAUSE MY GOOD BEING DEPENDS ON THAT

SOMEBODY PROMISED TO CHOP HIS DICK IF MATA LEFT

IT'S A VERY IMPORTANT MATA. see what I did there?

Don't see what all the fuss is about.

Losing Mata wouldn't be the end of the world. He's not untouchable

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

I genuinely dont understand posts like this. Have you even watched him play for us at all? He is by far one of our most important players, possibly the most important next to Cech.

I have been hearing that we are giving mata for rooney?

If true what kinda of shit is that?

Trade one of your best player for a downhill striker?

Was refused by Mou.

I think there is way too much speculation around Juan. He was out for a bit of the pre-season because of that minor injury and that's why he isn't fit to play 90 mins already. You could see that he wasn't match fit against Villa and José said that. He also said that we don't want to lose quality and that's why selling Mata makes no sense. And why would a player unproven in PL, what Willian is although he has undoubtly quality, force our Player of the Season for the last two years out of our club? There's only one player that could be affected by this deal and that is Moses who could be loaned out IMO. But at this moment, I'm sure that Juan will stay.

what we call in sociology "bounded rationality"

Fancy quoting Simon's models of man. :-). More used in economics, psychology and decision making theory though. especially Gerd Gigerenzer. You would love 'The Adaptve Toolbox, Peace :Goober:

That said, spot on!

Don't see what all the fuss is about.

Losing Mata wouldn't be the end of the world. He's not untouchable

There are some astounding opinions, it really does amaze me how fickle people are. God so many people talk about they wish players have more loyalty but where isthe loyalty from fans to players. I would be gutted for Mata to leave. I think he is a great asset, and seems such a nice bloke. As Jose said we should be adding quality not subtracting it. I mean Player of the Year but no-one is fussed few months later if he leaves. Pretty sad.

There is little evidence to assume such a thing.

In the two seasons that Mata has been here, the team was built around him for only one season, and that was last year. It happens that during this season, we had two short-term coaches ; di Matteo was most probably a stop-gap to wait for Pep Guardiola and the fat waiter was appointed to be the stop-gap till the end of the season. Neither one nor the other has been involved in the transfer policy (which kind of player to bring). All they had to do was to win with what they had at their disposal.

So, they had to work with what we call in sociology "bounded rationality". They were there for a short time, thus they were searching for what will work today, not tomorrow. Furthermore, as they were here for a short time, they didn't have the luxury to spend too much time to search what would work. In other words, they weren't necessarily searching fot the best solution for the team, but they were searching for the first option that will "do it". And it happens that the first option that "will do it" was to build the team around Mata because it was the option that would get us the most goals (and all what it induces) in the short-term.

Now we have a manager which is seemingly a part of the part. He is involved in the transfer policy (and has probably the dominant role), he has been given the possibility to build his team. We're starting a new project ; we will shape our team to be competitive in the foreseeable future, but we also have at the back of our mind the bigger picture. That big picture most probably being to build a dominant team in Europe for the years to come. Which is likely to redefine Mata's role within the team.

Maybe Mourinho will also choose to build his team around Mata, maybe he won't. But Jesus, we have only played two competitive games and Mata has only took part in one of them. It's simply too early to say which players will be given which role, etc... Things will get more and more obvious as the season goes. To say that we will build our team around a player that has only played sixty minutes (or so) is to get carried away. And maybe that's the reason for which the purchase of William has caused so much commotion. We comment things through our vision of today's team, but actually today's team may be quite different from tomorrow's team since we're still a long way to figure out the Board's plans.

Mata was signed by AVB and was our only creative player at the start of 2011/12. We had been lacking any creativity in midfield the previous season and in 2011/12 you could see how important he was with all the assists he provided. Ramires and Sturridge were often on the wings which didn't present much creativity.

Like you say, Di Matteo and Benitez did build their teams around him because it was the best short term solution but that was surely influenced by how well Mata played under Villas-Boas.

Yes we may be starting a new project under Mourinho but that doesn't mean that Mata won't be an integral part of that. We don't necessarily need to bring in new players like Willian to completely displace our best player for the past 2 seasons from the starting XI. He might not play every week now, he might, it is too early to say. What I meant by my statement is that, regardless of how long Di Matteo and Benitez were here, the past 3 managers have all had Mata as a central part of their plans. I don't know if Mourinho is starting a completely new project and won't build a team around Mata. That is anyone's guess. However, the club has, since 2011, built the team around Mata and nobody does know if that will change or not. We have done so in the past, which is why I assumed it would continue.

We don't sell our best player like that.

Without him Hazard is not that great, that's the link up play between them that makes Hazard a better player. Mata is the only one that understand how to play with Eden. Oscar can't.

He is a role model, a great guy, i can't see why we would want to get rid of him.

The only way for him to leave is if he want to request a transfer one day to go to Madrid and co.

He is a best player of the league potential

He is untouchable and if Mourinho doesn't like him, i'm begin to worry about Mou himself. Is it because Mata is spanish ? Will Azpi, Romeu, Torres (okay with this one) follow ?

We've played two official matches and fans are already worried about Mou..just because of this whole Mata situation...

Losing Mata to a non-English club would hurt but certain fans are acting like it would be the end of the world.

He's not untouchable...but really, there's no way we would be stupid enough to give him to ManU.