Juan Mata

Severinb

Mourinho on Mata: 'He is a player we all like, a player we all want to keep. We want more quality, not less quality.' #CFC

Pretty ambiguous words to me. Compare this statement to the one he made about Luiz where he said "absolutely no chance." Anyway, whether we like it or not Willian will be a Chelsea player. We'll just have to wait and see who gives way for his arrival.

The point is he says managers lie...

And besides, players are part of the squad and Mata is that. If Jose isn't happy with him, can still sell him to make the squad better..

Dude, dont try to make Mourinho a enigmatic or messianic character. What he said is very simple: Mata is not leaving, and if a player is going to leave, its on loan, because he want to work with 22 players. About the squad he said all managers are the same, because even when they say they are happy with the squad, they are always trying to make it better, he just said managers are always trying yo buying new players.

Please, stop the bullshit.

About Mata, what I think is:

-Perhaps he is not that good, perhaps we all made him look like bigger than he really is. The reason why I'm saying that is very simple: as soon as Willian thing appeared, people got worried about Mata. Are people questioning Ronaldo's future at Real because of Bale? People would question Messi future at Barcelona if they were signing Bale, people questioned his future when Barça signed Neymar?

Mourinho (and the club) understand the admiration for Mata amongst the fans, hence why he won't be sold THIS season. Jose needs/'and may want' to prove we can win without him. Or at least prove the team is better without him first, before alarming squad harmony.

If we win a title or even a few cups and a very convincing title challenge, and Mata wasn't that instrumental.. there at least won't be any "if's or but's". His transfer value won't go down either, because it will just be a case of 'he didn't fit into OUR system'.

About Mata, what I think is:

-Perhaps he is not that good, perhaps we all made him look like bigger than he really is. The reason why I'm saying that is very simple: as soon as Willian thing appeared, people got worried about Mata. Are people questioning Ronaldo's future at Real because of Bale? People would question Messi future at Barcelona if they were signing Bale, people questioned his future when Barça signed Neymar?

Exactly. Mata should prove he's best for us. Work on some of his weakness and get even better. That's what drogba would have done.