Juan Mata

Severinb

It's a risky move on both sides, since both will seriously strengthen the oppostion's (already formidable) attack in key areas. We say Mata & RVP, they say Rooney and our AM. Perhaps the biggest risk is on us in regards to Rooney's form and to wether he can regain his previous levels. On the other hand our need for a quality striker probably eclipses their need for a CAM, so all in all, on paper it looks pretty even. Still don't want this to happen though..

Selling Mata is just such a joke of a thought.

He is such a fantastic player so i truly hope this was all media nonsense and we can get back to normality.

I would never take Rooney in for Mata, even if that meant we dont win the title this year ( which we will!!)

As @ Gilvorak said before, it would be the most soulless decision made by our club.

This morning i was imagining a scenario where Mata and Rooney swap cash deal was happening and envisioned the M4 full of 100,00 supporters blocking Mata's car from going to Manchester on deadline day. If i was in UK and this transfer looked likely i would do something stupid to stop it from happening.

i really really hope Jose doesnt make the biggest mistake of his life by making such a deal.

Even if Mata doesnt fit directly into his plans. he can be used very very efficiently still.

Selling him to United just doesnt make sense at all.

Its like selling Drogba to united. Granted not the same, but it has the same impact.

I hope Jose puts this subject to bed sooner rather than later.

Mata for Rooney makes sense....Jose gets the striker he wants and Moyes finally makes a big name signing.

However...I don't like the idea of strengthening United's attack even further...considering they have the best striker in the PL leading the line.

I just hope our board makes the right call about Rooney & Mata.

If you want to push for the title the fact is your team needs one more big goal scorer in my opinion. All the top teams going for it have at least one.

Spurs; Soldado

City; Aguero, Dzeko, Possibly Negredo too.

United; RvP, Rooney. Hernandez (capable of it if started)

Chelsea?

Closest is Torres who scored two less goals than an impact substitute for us. It's not good enough. Your top scorer was Lampard of which some were penalties. The fire power is lacking. As good as Mata is, I don't know if he can score twelve goals again. Then again he could even increase it. Still... it's not enough in my opinion. Jose seems reluctant to give Lukaku the ball to run with, so I don't know.

u1z3.jpg
I think having three midfielders in positions 1,2,3... tells the story.
Our top three are all proper forwards.
I beg you Jose, take Wayne. Give us Mata and I will love you forever. ;p

I'm done with this club forever if we trade a player well on his way to being a club legend for Wayne f**king Rooney.

Probably the most soulless decision a club could ever make. Trading a chap like Mata for the one of the biggest c**ts in football, don't even want to contemplate it.

Rooney isn't the only striker in football out there believe it or not.

I agree!

Mata is a PFA nominee, a hard working player who is dedicated to Chelsea, a player who will improve for sure, the best passer in our team.

and we'll give him in exchange for Rooney! No way! I'd rather go into the season with no strikers than let go of Mata.

Rooney for Mata. That doesn't even sound right!

If you want to push for the title the fact is your team needs one more big goal scorer in my opinion. All the top teams going for it have at least one.

Spurs; Soldado

City; Aguero, Dzeko, Possibly Negredo too.

United; RvP, Rooney. Hernandez (capable of it if started)

Chelsea?

Closest is Torres who scored two less goals than an impact substitute for us. It's not good enough. Your top scorer was Lampard of which some were penalties. The fire power is lacking. As good as Mata is, I don't know if he can score twelve goals again. Then again he could even increase it. Still... it's not enough in my opinion. Jose seems reluctant to give Lukaku the ball to run with, so I don't know.

u1z3.jpg
I think having three midfielders in positions 1,2,3... tells the story.
Our top three are all proper forwards.
I beg you Jose, take Wayne. Give us Mata and I will love you forever. ;p

Can't see Mata actually wanting to live in Manchester.

Manchester United have made an informal inquiry to Chelsea about the possibility of bringing Juan Mata to Old Trafford this transfer window, sources from both clubs have told ESPN.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/232215.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Hope the reply is

"No fuck off!"

Manchester United have made an informal inquiry to Chelsea about the possibility of bringing Juan Mata to Old Trafford this transfer window, sources from both clubs have told ESPN.

:lol: Informal inquiry?! Lmaooo

Only if they give v.Persie and Roo

This is getting scary, it really is. A while back I didn't believe for a second we would let Mata go but now I'm not so sure with all this talk of Willian.

I would welcome the idea of us signing Rooney but he and his club can fuck off if it meant us losing Mata, it just wouldn't be worth it. Chelsea should never in a million years even consider the idea of letting him go to Manchester United. If they really demanded that and Jose would prefer Willian and Rooney over keeping Mata, the Spaniard should be offered to nearly any top club outside England and the money got from the transfer then used to make a ridiculously high offer of more than £50m for Rooney, making it very hard for United to say no. Not the ideal scenario but at least it would mean United not getting one of the best players in the Premier League in exchange. Making the direct swap between Mata and Rooney would come back to bite us in the ass sooner or later, of that I have no doubt.

I'm done with this club forever if we trade a player well on his way to being a club legend for Wayne f**king Rooney.

Probably the most soulless decision a club could ever make. Trading a chap like Mata for the one of the biggest c**ts in football, don't even want to contemplate it.

Rooney isn't the only striker in football out there believe it or not.

Rooney is only a cunt off the pitch, and still not as bad as John Terry. Suarez (for example) is a cunt ON the pitch, which is far worse and actually relevant.

There is nothing souless about this 'rumoured' decision. It's based on pretty sound logic, if Oscar IS to be 'Numero Uno' as our CAM. Mata residing on the bench in pre-season has nothing to do with it, it's about the type of player he is (Styles 'famously' addressed the issue last season), and how he'd fit with our current set up.

For the record, I don't think we should sell him to a direct rival.

Quite a funny interview with him on the official website -

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3419460/title/the-selector-juan-mata

Maybe to calm the fans.

Doubt it, I believe the interview had take place a few days ago. Coincidence.