Juan Mata

Severinb

positive: he has vision

he can score ( he didn't score a lot in BPL)

he can give assists

negative: he's slow

he's no tricky

he's so boring

he gives simple passes (everybody can do that)

he's too light

conclusion: he's an average player

he can give assists

he's no tricky

he's so boring

he's too light

He is not good that u find it hard to ignore how it make pass that is hard in other team look easy

he can give assists

he's no tricky

he's so boring

he's too light

He gives simple passes.. good joke mate.

Believe me he can do tricks, but his main attribute is the amazing vision and passing, so he doesn't dribble a lot or do skills.

If you actually watched our games you would notice how every single time we attack, the ball goes through Mata, every single fucking time. You know why? because thats what this little genius does, he creates.

he can give assists

he's no tricky

he's so boring

he's too light

Juan Mata: games: 31 Assists: 12 goals: 12

That makes it 24 direct participation in goals in 31 matches.

Sometimes, we must revisit our opinions/ideas when reality tells a different story.

He certainly has deficiencies, but passing is certainly NOT one of them.

Played the #10 role so much better than Oscar.

he also left the pivot exposed unlike Oscar.

both things are true. They compliment each other and I guess we could play with both of them.

The thing is we can't afford to have more than one player with no defensive responsibilities and that might be Hazard, although Eden had one of the best work rates there tonight. So while Eden is working hard to recover the ball and putting pressure we don't need Mata to do it.

Mata added a pace we didn't have in the first half, but it felt like it was like the team settled down when he came in rather than him making an impact all by himself. It shows how much the teams trusts Mata...

Also feels like Mata improved Eden, as Oscar played closer to Moses than to Hazard imo

he also left the pivot exposed unlike Oscar.

Lol. Because Inter created abundance of chances after Mata came on.

Also exposing the pivot makes no sense, there are 2 players in the middle and if both play their position right, they should be able to deal with anything - while the wingers track back and help the fullbacks.

Mata is like the outlet whenever the ball is won, he can't be caught too far back, he needs to get the ball, look up and get the counter started.

He's undoubtedly our best option at the no 10 position and even if Mourinho plays him on the wings, he will still be the one with the most passes dictating our play.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10224069/Spanish-playmaker-Juan-Mata-committed-to-Chelsea-after-talks-with-manager-Jose-Mourinho.html

The Spanish playmaker, who has been named Stamford Bridge’s player of the season for the past two years, was the subject of transfer speculation after Mourinho’s appointment.

Mata has revealed he held a meeting with Mourinho to clarify his status at the club, and the 25-year-old is now fully committed to playing for the Portuguese manager.

Asked if he was surprised about the speculation over his future, Mata said: “No, I was so relaxed about it. I spoke to the club and spoke to the manager who said I was very important to them. It was very good to hear.

"Everyone wants to feel they are important. So I’m very happy. I’m training with the new manager and we want to improve on last season.

“I’m really looking forward to starting the season with him, we’re really excited. Jose did a great job here a few years ago and I think we can do it again.

"Every manager is different and has his own kind of work. But in terms of intensity, the training sessions are so high. And the plan is to put that level of intensity into the games as well.

“Last season I didn’t have a pre-season. So for me I think the intensity is very high and it’s good to make the team competitive.”

Mata’s desire to remain in west London is a huge boost for Chelsea, who are also confident David Luiz will remain at the club.

The Brazilian has also been linked with a move to the Nou Camp and Bayern Munich recently but any notion of a £45 million bid for the defender has been steadfastly denied, while Mourinho has no intention of selling him to the La Liga champions.

With Chelsea’s pursuit of Wayne Rooney ongoing, Mourinho is busily working behind the scenes to strengthen his squad ahead of the forthcoming Premier League season.

Mata is trying not to get distracted by any incomings but knows, having seen the evidence here in the United States in matches against AC and Inter Milan, that the likes of Oscar and Eden Hazard, who both arrived last season, are now ready to show their true worth.

Mata added: “We just have to be focused. There are 25 players in the squad and it is not down to us who the club will sign. We are happy with the squad we have at the moment.

“When you are playing more and more with your team-mates, you get more of a connection. Players like Hazard and Oscar came last season and this summer there are guys like Kevin De Bruyne and André Schürrle.

"All we need is the connection. I think we have a young squad. We have 25 players who are ready to play.”