Juan Mata

Severinb

Now just for his Europa League debut with us!

The word "legend" is tossed around a bit too much at this club in my opinion, but I have little doubt Mata will be an undisputed legend at this club:

483563_501785783174876_1188529180_n.jpg

Wrong! He did not score in his League Cup debut last season. Came on as a sub against Liverpool but failed to make any impact as we lost 2-0.

His weekly blog:

Today, as you can imagine, I’m writing to you with the bad taste of defeat. I’m in my hotel’s room, alone, still thinking about the final we lost just a few hours ago… It couldn’t be done. The dream of becoming the Club World Champions vanished with the final whistle. I had a feeling that we were close to clinch the trophy; that we created enough chances to, at least, score; that, although our performance was not brilliant, we were competitive until the very end. In fact, it was their goalkeeper, Cassio, who was awarded man of the match thanks to those saves I’m talking about… We knew that Corinthians was a great team: a very physical and competitive side. And they showed why. I congratulate them from her
It’s a tough moment, especially for the Chelsea fans that came to Japan and those who were supporting us from home. Thank you so much to all of you for your unconditional support. I hope we can enjoy good moments and lift more trophies for the club and for you very soon. We’re still playing to win four trophies and we will give everything we have to success in each of them. Besides, who knows, we may play this tournament again one day. That would be a very good sign.
Indeed, our way back home will feel much ‘longer’ to us than the outbound flight, but I look forward to land in London and to play the next match. The world of sport is full of good and bad moments, but you always have to look ahead and keep setting new goals. And in football, the goal is always to win the next match.
Obviously, due to the time difference between Japan and Spain (8 hours), I wasn’t able to follow any of the matches in la Liga this weekend. However, I watched the highlights of Athletic Bilbao’s victory (Iraizoz was superb and Aduriz keeps in form), and those of Málaga and Levante (no wonder they are doing so well in Europe).
I hope we win our next games (in the Capital One and the Premier League). But before saying goodbye, I would like to thank the whole staff in the Club World Cup for their work. I say thanks, in particular, to those who were with us at all times and helped us during our week in Yokohama: in the hotel, during the training sessions, transfers, etc. It’s been incredible to see so many people with Chelsea shirts everywhere. We owe you one and I hope we can come back here soon.
I do recommend a visit to this country that is full of respect, education and sacrifice. Japanese people always keep a smile on their faces and they are willing to help at all times. I’m leaving this country without the trophy I wanted, without fulfilling the dream I pursued before I came, but I take with me the admiration for its culture.
See you next week. Thanks for your support
Juan

http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2012/12/17/no-pudo-ser/

tumblr_mf1e1tQ7D21qkv4gno3_250.gif

I've managed to do that once. It's not as easy as it looks, you gotta miss it by a large margin :D

Btw, impossible to get mad at Mata, such a great person. It's a bliss to read his thoughts on the matches.

I've managed to do that once. It's not as easy as it looks, you gotta miss it by a large margin :D

Btw, impossible to get mad at Mata, such a great person. It's a bliss to read his thoughts on the matches.

:D

Wonder who was the player that was supposed to play on that line.

Mata has 13 goals and 14 assists already this season. He already has more goals than he did last season and only a few more assists to go and it's only December. Some scary shit going on here, from the opponent's point of view of course.