Juan Mata

Severinb

He's groing a backbone (or how do you English say that) isn't he.. Fighting for the club, sometimes over the edge.. I didn't have a real problem with it yesterday, but he doesn't need that. He needs to be the magician and not becoming one of the bad boys, there are enough players in PL allready with a badboy attitude..

Mata went feisty yesterday simply because the Sunderland players were playing dirty and kicking him all over the pitch while the referee hardly did anything about it. Was pathetic but good to see Mata not afraid to show some fight back and kicking them a bit!

Mata went feisty yesterday simply because the Sunderland players were playing dirty and kicking him all over the pitch while the referee hardly did anything about it. Was pathetic but good to see Mata not afraid to show some fight back and kicking them a bit!

The referee was weak. he seldom blew the whistle while the sunderland players were playing more with their hands and arms in defense.

everytime one of our offensive players were trying to drive, the sunderland players would grab their shirst, wrestle them, lean on their shoulders and he didn't care.

The referee was weak. he seldom blew the whistle while the sunderland players were playing more with their hands and arms in defense.

everytime one of our offensive players were trying to drive, the sunderland players would grab their shirst, wrestle them, lean on their shoulders and he didn't care.

Indeed. Hazard should have won a penalty in the 1st half but wasn't given and then you see one blatant dive to win penalty at the Emirates and that was given! :doh:

Last season, Mata scored 12 goals and had 20 assists in all competitions.

So far this season, he has scored 9 goals and assisted 12 in all competitions.

By some distance our best player again this season. He just gets better and better.

Finally I’m in Japan. Football has given me the opportunity (as it has done so many times before) to know a country and a culture I’ve always felt attracted to (I’ll tell you why later on). I feel lucky to write to you from my hotel room, with the city of Yokohama behind the window, and to look at its nightlife full of lights and skyscrapers… I was looking forward to be here. But the reason for such a long trip to the country of “sun’s origin” is competing and trying to become champions of the Club World Cup. What a challenge… There are a lot of great players that never had the chance to play this tournament. Now, thanks to our title in the last Champions League, we will have that opportunity this week. And we don’t want to miss it; you never know when you will be playing this again! Now it’s time to rest and get used to the time difference…

After such a long trip that followed last Saturday’s match, we do have to rest and recover as soon as possible. It was a great victory at the Stadium of Light: 1-3 against a spirited Sunderland. We were focused and took the lead thanks to Fernando’s double. I’m very happy for him, he had a fantastic week and I’m sure there are more to come this season…

Aside from the victory, we were given very bad news: Oriol’s injury. As soon as I saw him lying on the pitch I knew it was something serious, because I haven’t met many people as brave and strong as Ori. He is so unlucky, now that he was playing more minutes and playing so good… But whatever the injury is (the less serious possible, I hope), I’m sure he will be back as motivated as always. Ori is like a brother to me and I will help him as much as I can (among other things I will be his personal driver). Cheer up, my friend! We are with you from Japan.

That’s the negative side of an important victory to keep the pace of both teams from Manchester. Precisely, it has been Manchester’s derby today, and it has been as exciting as always. Van Persie’s stoppage-time free-kick gave the three points to United after a frantic match (2-3). Once we are back from Asia we have to keep winning games in the Premier League. And let’s not forget that we are alive in the rest of the competitions too: FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Europa League (the club has never won this one and we will try to add it to our trophy cabinet).

Due to the time difference, jet-lag and lack of sleep I could only watch a few highlights of la Liga. For instance, Real Madrid’s victory at Valladolid, thanks to a superb Mesut Özil; or Valencia’s at Osasuna, always tough. This is Valverde’s first victory as the new Valencia manager. I wish him all the best. I also followed Málaga and Levante winning their respective games (4-0 both). They keep playing well, which is something commendable given the bad economic situation they are going through. Talking about good performance, what to say about Martins for Levante and Aduriz for Athletic! And Falcao, of course!

Five goals!

Back to Japan, and because we are so far from London, today’s recommendation is about this country and one of its writers in particular: Haruki Murakami. He is one of my favourites since I read “Tokyo Blues” during the U-20’s World Cup in Canada… In fact, I’ve read many of his books. I like his fiction and incredible imagination, as well as his style and ability to keep the reader submerged in the story. Let me know if you like him! It is because of Murakami and many other things, like its culture, education or the people’s capacity for sacrifice that I’ve always liked Japan and I’ve always wanted to come here… I think this is a country that has preserved its past and has adapted it to the new times like no other.

To say goodbye, and after a warm welcome at Narita’s airport, I would like to say thanks to the Japanese people in their own language. We already knew there are a lot of Chelsea supporters here, but still I got very surprised! Also, regards to my fan club in Japan! I hope we can take the trophy back to London and leave lasting memories of this trip…

Hugs, Juan

(Already in Japan, from here we want to come back with the trophy. Thanks for your welcome)

http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2012/12/10/un-nuevo-pais-un-nuevo-desafio/

Ori is like a brother to me and I will help him as much as I can (among other things I will be his personal driver). Cheer up, my friend! We are with you from Japan.

Words can't describe what an incredible character Juan is. He deserves some kind of prize for this. There are not so many such football players around the world nowadays and I am so happy and proud that our Juan is the exception.

Even looking beyond the football aspect he brings and he doesn't get the praise that David silva gets for city just because he plays for Chelsea BUT I'm just glad we got this guy, silva wanted to leave if he didn't get 220k a week and we got mata who is the most down to earth footballer and nice guy

So hard to find these days