Juan Mata

Severinb

In Spanish and no subtitles!! :rant:

I made a little translation, sorry for my english:

Juan Mata: I think Spanish football is popular since the first European Cup, when we play outside Spain people appreciate us more than ever. I say this because I live this; people ask me how Spain has so many good players? What Spain do? How you got good results? Today people believe in the Spanish footballer.

JM: My colleague said that it is the Spanish mafia –laughs-, but Is always good to have someone how understand your language in the lockers like Fernando, Oriol, Cesar, Eva Carneiro. We can remember our food and stuff.

JM: People talk about the rivalry between Madrid and Barcelona, but I think we must not mix politics and football, is illogic for me and in the end El Clasico is just a match, is football after all.

JM: I think he is a great manager, he knows all the players, and also he knew the Barcelona players who are playing very well. He could be a great mananger for any club or national team. Juan Mata: I think Spanish football is popular since the first European Cup, when we play outside Spain people appreciate us more than ever. I say this because I live this; people ask me how Spain has so many good players? What Spain do? How you got good results? Today people believe in the Spanish footballer.

JM: My colleague said that it is the Spanish mafia –laughs-, but Is always good to have someone how understand your language in the lockers like Fernando, Oriol, Cesar, Eva Carneiro. We can remember our food and stuff.

JM: People talk about the rivalry between Madrid and Barcelona, but I think we must not mix politics and football, is illogic for me and in the end El Clasico is just a match, is football after all.

JM: I think he is a great manager, he knows all the players, and also he knew the Barcelona players who are playing very well. He could be a great mananger for any club or national team.

----------------------------------

In the last one they didnt mention the mananger, but is pretty obvious that he was talking about Guardiola.

anyone seen this - http://www.thesun.co...ord-Bridge.html

Was a good read and yes i know its the sun...

ON CRITICISM

AFTER the Champions League final, it hurt to hear people saying that the football we played had no merit.

Every way of playing has merit.

If you tell me Chelsea’s football is not as good to watch as Barcelona’s, I can understand. I can also accept that we weren’t the most talented, either.

However, we were the most competitive.

So, whether people like it or not, we did not steal the Champions League.

I don’t understand why people want to constantly under-estimate what we achieved last season.

Knocking out Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona is anything but simple — but we showed that it’s possible.

It was the same after the return match against Napoli. We played phenomenal football that night but I didn’t hear anyone saying that we’d even played well.

People have the wrong image of Chelsea. They think we’re a defensive team, which isn’t the case.

I like Barcelona’s style but in football there is no rule stipulating that the team which has the most possession has to win.

It’s not just Barcelona’s football which is valid and spectacular. I can honestly say that the pleasure I get from playing is the same with Chelsea as it is with Spain.

Everything I say...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2244597/Juan-Mata-Chelsea-eat-sausages-bacon-beans-breakfast.html

lol Mata reporting, our players get a traditional english breakfast. First that no individual sprint training stuff and now this. If we really are that unprofessional in terms of training and nutrition this could badly impede the team's performances, I mean every ambitious amateur athlete knows protein, no fat and unprocessed carbs should be consumed before the game not english breakfast. Even though there is nothing too bad about english breakfast, professional athletes should whose performances are worth millions should eat perfectly to perform and i bet most do.

ON CRITICISM

AFTER the Champions League final, it hurt to hear people saying that the football we played had no merit.

Every way of playing has merit.

If you tell me Chelsea’s football is not as good to watch as Barcelona’s, I can understand. I can also accept that we weren’t the most talented, either.

However, we were the most competitive.

So, whether people like it or not, we did not steal the Champions League.

I don’t understand why people want to constantly under-estimate what we achieved last season.

Knocking out Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona is anything but simple — but we showed that it’s possible.

It was the same after the return match against Napoli. We played phenomenal football that night but I didn’t hear anyone saying that we’d even played well.

People have the wrong image of Chelsea. They think we’re a defensive team, which isn’t the case.

I like Barcelona’s style but in football there is no rule stipulating that the team which has the most possession has to win.

It’s not just Barcelona’s football which is valid and spectacular. I can honestly say that the pleasure I get from playing is the same with Chelsea as it is with Spain.

Everything I say...

TBH the criticism was not because we played defensively, Inter played ultra defensive against barca+bayern and the received plenty of praises. The criticism was because we were battered against barca and bayern. It is one thing to play ultra defensive, it's another thing to concede so many chances.

TBH the criticism was not because we played defensively, Inter played ultra defensive against barca+bayern and the received plenty of praises. The criticism was because we were battered against barca and bayern. It is one thing to play ultra defensive, it's another thing to concede so many chances.

No it wasnt, Inter received as many criticism as we did (- the money aspect).

People got caught up on our dramatic games, but the criticism was the same.

No it wasnt, Inter received as many criticism as we did (- the money aspect).

People got caught up on our dramatic games, but the criticism was the same.

are you sure ?

Because I remember that everybody is praising inter for good defensive game and mourinho for his tactical genius. and they were actually excellent against bayern and barca. T

are you sure ?

Because I remember that everybody is praising inter for good defensive game and mourinho for his tactical genius. and they were actually excellent against bayern and barca. T

I dont know, in Brazil the media was saying that beautiful football had an underserved lost, etc...

Anyways, we are already going off topic!

Does he himself write them? His written English is surprisingly good, I mean he even spelled the horror word "there" correctly... twice!

He usually writes it first in spanish, so he must be getting help translating it to English.