Juan Mata

Severinb

What do you think, where do you place mata?

Silva is a bit overrated. Too inconsistent. Mata is underrated. He is younger than Cazorla and Silva and will become better than Silva by the end of the season IMO (He is already better than Cazorla). Mata has very good dribbling and close control. Pacier than Silva and slightly better finishing than him as well. I think Mata and Ozil are pretty much equal, with Ozil perhaps a BIT better. Iniesta is a freak and a genius. I think Oscar can be somewhere near the level of Iniesta in a few years time.

^^^ a cheeky bid for Ozil then? Looks like he is surplus to requirements at Real Madrid. whats your opinion on him?

Firstly, I do not see them selling Ozil. Just no way. Not in the near future unless its a crazy bid. Secondly we have no need for him. We have plenty of players in that Mould. We can't buy everyone unfortunately :P The one I really would have loved is Gotze but again too many similar players to him. We'd have room for Neymar though :D

Firstly, I do not see them selling Ozil. Just no way. Not in the near future unless its a crazy bid. Secondly we have no need for him. We have plenty of players in that Mould. We can't buy everyone unfortunately :P The one I really would have loved is Gotze but again too many similar players to him. We'd have room for Neymar though :D

Sure you are right. A lot of players I would wish to be in our team, but we are loaded in their positions. PS: just the thought of City going for Isco makes me sick. IMO, a very good player, but then....... am happy with what we have. :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Sure you are right. A lot of players I would wish to be in our team, but we are loaded in their positions. PS: just the thought of City going for Isco makes me sick. IMO, a very good player, but then....... am happy with what we have. :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Isco doesn't worry me. However, trust me when I say, that if/when we get Falcao, Citeh and every other team will be shitting themselves.

Is it just me or do our Spanish players just seem to always attract lots of discussion about them?

Annoyed that Mata isn't getting the attention from the media like Cazorla and/or Silva. That one week Cazorla failed to shone(against us), there wasn't any noise from the media. After every other game, there is a major wankfest over him. Mata has been performing well of late and there's hardly any noise regarding him. You only have to look at the BBC MOTD Highlights last weekend. They highlighted and praised Cazorla against West Ham but nothing on Mata against Norwich. Just utterly pathetic!

Is it just me or do our Spanish players just seem to always attract lots of discussion about them?

Annoyed that Mata isn't getting the attention from the media like Cazorla and/or Silva. That one week Cazorla failed to shone(against us), there wasn't any noise from the media. After every other game, there is a major wankfest over him. Mata has been performing well of late and there's hardly any noise regarding him. You only have to look at the BBC MOTD Highlights last weekend. They highlighted and praised Cazorla against West Ham but nothing on Mata against Norwich. Just utterly pathetic!

I don't really care about people not praising Mata, but i'm sick of Cazorla already lol.

Only probable reason that Mata isn't getting the attention is because he's playing for 'Chelsea FC' and we all know what the media thinks of us. Had he been playing for Arsenal, Man United, Man City, Spurs or heck even Liverpool, they will be talking non-stop about Mata right now. I mean really, the wankfest over Cazorla is just ridiculous. It's like they have never seen a player of his ilk before in England. Bet those media in Spain must be laughing at the idiocy of the English media.

You make it sound like a bad thing that the media hate us. I like it!

We keep proving them wrong and making they look like ignorants. English sports media is shit, sorry but it is (not that Brazilian is any better).

Ultimately, I don't either but it's just irritating to see the difference in coverage/publicity of those three players.

True, even though Silva has not played well since forever, they still talk of him like he's god. I'm sure same will happen with Cazorla.

The hate for Cazorla on this thread isn't logical. He is a top player, for quite a while he was considered the best player in La Liga not playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona. At the same time Juan Mata is a top player, generally in Spain they seem to think higher of Mata than Silva, personally I'd have both Mata and Cazorla over Silva. Juan had a slow enough start to the season but after his mini break he has gotten back into the groove he was in last season, his current form is blistering. All 3 players are a joy to watch, there's not very much separating all 3 of them.

Lol at people thinking ozil is surplus..such...LOL

Ya id probably rather have mata than silva or cazorla, him and ozil are in a close level but when it comes to vision and final balls, that final assist, i think ozil wins.

Cazorla underated? The most underated AM type of player is Kroos, the german gerrard.

Ozil better than Iniesta? I hope this is a joke

Agreed. Ozil is class but I'd rather Iniesta in my team.

I don't think they're that comparable anyway since Iniesta plays deeper than Ozil. Andres doesn't really play number 10 for Barcelona due to them employing the false 9 system with Messi.

Just Iniesta .. u know, how can I judge him really, ok he is good no argue but all my life i've seen him play the same style with the same players, if u get what I mean.How is he going to perform on a cold rainy night away at Stoke and with a team that doesn't include the Messi's and Xavi's in the world?Probably will never find out anyway but I think its a valid question to ask.

In a way i agree with Rami but not to the same extreme. It does seem like it seems non debatable that Xavi and Iniesta are the 2 best CM's in the world and its not up for debate because their Barca players.

A bit how Pique is lauded as world class when defensively he isn't actually anything to shout about.

Personally if we go by respective peaks id take Pirlo over both Iniesta and Xavi.