OFFICIAL - Yossi Benayoun goes to Arsenal on loan

LDN Blue

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been wondering how to unlock Torres since the day he arrived. All this time we had the answer sitting on our bench. And we didn't use him. The ways of this club sometimes ....

it would be interesting to know the total time they've been on the pitch together .. One thing I know ...it isn't FUCKING MUCH

I cant understand why you dont get it, i said it like 1000 times- Yossi imself dont want to stay at Chelsea if Modric/Moutinho are coming.

He's 30, he wants to play now, not to seat on the bench. Its obvious, i dont know anything for sure, but i know Yossi(from isreali tv not more than that...)

and he wants to be an important player in every team he playes. If Modric/Moutinho are coming he wouldnt be important, you know it.

Don't know why AVB doesn't like Benayoun.

I hear ya...my one guess is that AVB's 4-3-3 system may not emphasize an attacking midfielder in the middle. Hence why Sneijder hasn't gotten much interest from Chelsea. Think he want someone further back to pull the strings while the front three is made up of a lone striker with wing/striker types. Yossi doesn't fall in any of the positions described.

But I would love AVB to go 4-2-3-1 instead where Josh or Modric could play in the 2 with a DM and Yossi/Mata could play in the middle of the three. If Yossi starts there, Mata can go on either side. If Mata starts in the middle Yossi is a good backup.

But since Mata said AVB told him he's going to play 4-3-3, Yossi doesn't have a position to play. I don't really think it's his quality but rather unfortunate circumstances.

Pity he and Torres hardly got to play together at all in 7 months. What a waste.

He's 30, he wants to play now, not to seat on the bench. Its obvious, i dont know anything for sure, but i know Yossi(from isreali tv not more than that...)

and he wants to be an important player in every team he playes. If Modric/Moutinho are coming he wouldnt be important, you know it.

He's 31.

I hear ya...my one guess is that AVB's 4-3-3 system may not emphasize an attacking midfielder in the middle. Hence why Sneijder hasn't gotten much interest from Chelsea. Think he want someone further back to pull the strings while the front three is made up of a lone striker with wing/striker types. Yossi doesn't fall in any of the positions described.

But I would love AVB to go 4-2-3-1 instead where Josh or Modric could play in the 2 with a DM and Yossi/Mata could play in the middle of the three. If Yossi starts there, Mata can go on either side. If Mata starts in the middle Yossi is a good backup.

But since Mata said AVB told him he's going to play 4-3-3, Yossi doesn't have a position to play. I don't really think it's his quality but rather unfortunate circumstances.

Pity he and Torres hardly got to play together at all in 7 months. What a waste.

very good post. i think you hit the nail on the head.

Maybe Chelsea and Benayoun are nogotiating on a contract extension. :eyebrows:

Haha, I'm all for him staying but an extension would be a mistake :D

We've been wondering how to unlock Torres since the day he arrived. All this time we had the answer sitting on our bench. And we didn't use him. The ways of this club sometimes ....

Couldn't agree more, Jaimin.

Can you stop pointing out every little flaw in Yossi?

That's impossible, TX has a case of tourettes when it comes to anything Benayoun-related.

Exactly! Benayoun is the only player in our team that understands Torres' game properly because they played together at Liverpool! Yes, he was injured for most of last season, but the truth of the matter is, we need to be keeping players who know each other well if we are going to gel properly as a team. Boas did say before he became the manager that he was the "group" one right??

"Even though I don't know if I will stay or not I decided to give Mata the number 10-his favourite.for me its just a number-not my lucky 15"

"@YossiBenayoun15 very grateful for having given the number 10..a pleasure and an honor for me,great player and better person,thanks Yossi!!"