Anthony Annan

the wes

The 21 year old has been described as a mixture between Pablo Aimar and fellow Ghanaian international Michael Essien. He currently plays for Norwegian outfit IK Start after joining from Accra Hearts of Oak last year, a Ghanaian league side.

It is thought Annan caught the attention of one of Avram Grant's scouts at the African Cup of Nations over the last few weeks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well why are we looking at him then? Don't want some usless f**ker hitting balls into the stands and running around like a headless chicken!!

lol well put but hes young and if hes anything like essien he should be a good player to look out for!!

Anthony_Annan_632478.jpg Ghanaian star Anthony Annan has thanked team-mate Michael Essien for recommending him to Chelsea.

The Blues are being linked with a move for the impressive 21-year-old after Essien suggested to his club they should take a close look at Annan.

Annan is currently with Start in Norway, who he joined after a move to Blackburn fell through because he could not get a work permit.

Now Annan is a regular with Ghana and a move to England could be an option, although clubs from France and Germany are interested.

"I'll do whatever I can to make Chelsea stronger. If that means when I see a good player I tell my club, I will do that," said Essien.

Delight

Annan was delighted that Essien rates him highly enough to say he could play at Stamford Bridge.

"It is exciting to hear of Chelsea's interest in me. If Michael has recommended me, I am very grateful," he said.

Annan's club Start told skysports.com earlier this week that they had not been contacted by any English clubs, but there was interest from Germany and France.

Caen and Borussia Dortmund are now being linked, although it is thought English scouts are beginning to take a keen interest in the young midfielder.

Badboy's Annan thread merged with this one. Also Badboy I deleted the 7 subs thread you made, as you correctly spotted it was a duplicate. Just so you know where your threads got to ;)

Thanks elliott i have just finished work and my head is fried.

• 2 years later...

Ghana midfielder Anthony Annan has been linked with moves to Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as French outfit Lyon.

With his national club captain, Michael Essien, in our squad we could definitely attract Annan if we wanted. He is a defensive midfielder from what I know, so that means Essien would be pushed forward (which personally I like to see..) and Mikel would be lowered to the subs bench.

Annan has been dubbed 'the next Claude Makelele' by many, as his ability in defensive midfield is akin to the former France international.

And we all know how magnificent Makelele was!

|| Story ||

Edited by LDN Blue

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You