Chelsea Best All-Time Goalkeepers

Melanicus

Who deserves to be in Chelsea All-Time Squad? (choose 4)  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves to be in Chelsea All-Time Squad? (choose 4)

• William Foulke
    • Jim Molyneux
    • Benjamin Howard Baker
    • Sam Millington
    • Vic Woodley
    • Bill Robertson
    • Charlie Thompson
    • Peter Bonetti
    • John Phillips
    • Petar Borota
    • Eddie Niedzwiecki
    • Kevin Hitchcock
    • Dave Beasant
    • Dmitri Kharine
    • Ed de Goey
    • Carlo Cudicini
    • Petr Čech

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Godden-saved 2 penalties in one half at the stretford end at Old Trafford..we got our usual 3 points like we often did when we were a yo-yo club.1-0. he was on loan at the time..ended up signing him permanently and he flopped but will NEVER forget his heroics on that day in about `87

Roger Freestone-yet another welsh goalkeeper that we have had. was number 2 for a few years before going to Swansea City and playing something like 4 or 500 games for them.

Steve Francis-my memory of him is blurred..not sure if that`s a good thing or not..ha

the infamous Les Fridge.let in 5 goals on debut at the bridge..against Watford,if memory serves correctly,it may have been Gordon Durie`s debut too. as Brian Clough would say "young man you`ve played two games today..your first and your last"!

Borota was a fucking legend, Serbians even made a film about him. And it's pure quality. B)

he was like the illie Nastase of football..not as talented as illie was in the tennis world..but as eccentric. he was our keeper when i first used to go down the bridge.

i think he was one of the reasons my dad was grey haired before he was 30...haha.

you just didn`t know what he would do next..sometimes he was brilliant,sometimes he`d be in his own world doing his own thing like it was just a kick around in some town park.

i`d love to see that film.

is funny how 3 of our top keepers have some variation of the name peter.

i voted Borota because he was my first chelsea keeper i saw.

i voted for the Cat because well..he`s the cat. and outside the club he gets no love due to one disasterous second half against West Germany in the 1970 World cup.

i voted Cech because of the silverware he has helped us win and although in some aspects of goalkeeping Bonetti may be better...Cech is the only Chelsea keeper that has at times been the best in the world(atleast out of the post WWII keepers).i think he has regained that spot at present.btw.

with Bonetti as great as he was, he was never near being the best in the world,i know there were better keepers around during his time,arguably the golden era of keepers but still..ya know Cech is a great keeper at a time when it`s not easy being one due to how the balls don`t fly as true as they used to.

the last vote came down to Carlo or Eddie Neidzweicki

• 1 month later...

Im a new boy so sorry for the late comment to this thread.....Bonetti will always be my fav goalie as he was the player i grew with into my early chelsea years....Also , just a little story bout barota...I was ...er...on holiday for a short period and i wrote to the chelsea players of that time....Peta barota wrote back and sent me a package full of progs n a signed pic of himself.....mad goalkeeper.....nice bloke...

Im a new boy so sorry for the late comment to this thread.....Bonetti will always be my fav goalie as he was the player i grew with into my early chelsea years....Also , just a little story bout barota...I was ...er...on holiday for a short period and i wrote to the chelsea players of that time....Peta barota wrote back and sent me a package full of progs n a signed pic of himself.....mad goalkeeper.....nice bloke...

Really nice! Can you upload few picks? So bad, that most of players now, don't care about their fans, but play only for money and fame...

Sorry cant stick up any pics i have ...All the stuff i have ever accumilated has been put into large plastic boxes for my kids chelsea n sam for them to inherit when im....er...gone to the great shed end in the sky.....It would be too horrendous to sort thru....

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...