Chelsea Best All-Time Goalkeepers

Melanicus

Who deserves to be in Chelsea All-Time Squad? (choose 4)  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves to be in Chelsea All-Time Squad? (choose 4)

• William Foulke
    • Jim Molyneux
    • Benjamin Howard Baker
    • Sam Millington
    • Vic Woodley
    • Bill Robertson
    • Charlie Thompson
    • Peter Bonetti
    • John Phillips
    • Petar Borota
    • Eddie Niedzwiecki
    • Kevin Hitchcock
    • Dave Beasant
    • Dmitri Kharine
    • Ed de Goey
    • Carlo Cudicini
    • Petr Čech

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech is a great goal keeper, wont be surprised if he wins the poll, but Bonetti will always be the greatest for me, " The Cat " was absolutely wonderful, I always remember he would boss his area even though he was quite small for a keeper.

Simple for me altho i've gotta admit Hitchcock was my favourite goalkeeper back in the 90's ahead of Kharine but maybe that was because of the penalty shootout against Newcastle at St James' park in '96 or his man of the match display against Sheffield wednesday also in '96 when i was 10 and like saying 'He's well good' lol. He's not really good enough for top 4 but i'll always remember him fondly. I don't actually ever remember Kharine have a good game for us..... Soz Dimi.

Number 1 and the best Chelsea goalkeeper EVER is Petr Cech and he will break every fucking record for us. Got him young, he's tall, brave, commanding and safe. He's the perfect goalkeeper and he's getting better still. Last season was his best season for us since 04/05 and he was excellent against Stokes bombarding attack last weekend. He's also a good shot stopper both sides and can kick with both feet even tho he much favours his left. Mr.Reliable.

Number 2 and probably our best shot stopper ever and most agile is Cudicini. Bought on the absolute cheap as cover for De Goey and Bosnich i think and the other 2 keepers were out probably injured and Cudicini was so good he never looked back. Think he may of made his debut against Huddersfield in the CC where we lost 1-0 to a cracker from Kenny Irons but he certainly made a great name for himself. Wasn't the safest it has to be said but he was a great shot stopper and penalty saver. I remember his saves from Jamie Reknapps free kick and Van Nistelrooys header very fondly.

Number 3 is Ed de Goey because he was safe with crosses and his distribution was very good none more so than that 3rd goal at barnsley in 1997, absolute stunning 3 man break from De Goey, Petrescu, Vialli, Good night! One thing that let him down was parrying the ball straight out and not pushing enough shots away from incoming players or past the post but he was a big bastard and pretty safe.

Number 4 and i'm only putting him at number 4 because i never personally saw him play as i was like -20 .... Peter 'The Cat' Bonetti, so athletic, so agile, was safe and was a great shot stopper but as i never saw him, i can't really judge him 100% but he's an absolute legend so i can't leave him out knowing his status at the club.

MARK BOSNICH!!!!!

Bos the 1st, had a spell for about 2 months where he was back to his Villa days best for us , though on reflection he was possibly playing whilst turbo charged on Charlie.

anyone remember in about `98 when Villa beat us 1-0 at the bridge. we just couldn`t beat him.

Number 1 and the best Chelsea goalkeeper EVER is Petr Cech and he will break every fucking record for us. Got him young, he's tall, brave, commanding and safe. He's the perfect goalkeeper and he's getting better still. Last season was his best season for us since 04/05 and he was excellent against Stokes bombarding attack last weekend. He's also a good shot stopper both sides and can kick with both feet even tho he much favours his left. Mr.Reliable.

Number 2 and probably our best shot stopper ever and most agile is Cudicini. Bought on the absolute cheap as cover for De Goey and Bosnich i think and the other 2 keepers were out probably injured and Cudicini was so good he never looked back. Think he may of made his debut against Huddersfield in the CC where we lost 1-0 to a cracker from Kenny Irons but he certainly made a great name for himself. Wasn't the safest it has to be said but he was a great shot stopper and penalty saver. I remember his saves from Jamie Reknapps free kick and Van Nistelrooys header very fondly.

Number 3 is Ed de Goey because he was safe with crosses and his distribution was very good none more so than that 3rd goal at barnsley in 1997, absolute stunning 3 man break from De Goey, Petrescu, Vialli, Good night! One thing that let him down was parrying the ball straight out and not pushing enough shots away from incoming players or past the post but he was a big bastard and pretty safe.

Number 4 and i'm only putting him at number 4 because i never personally saw him play as i was like -20 .... Peter 'The Cat' Bonetti, so athletic, so agile, was safe and was a great shot stopper but as i never saw him, i can't really judge him 100% but he's an absolute legend so i can't leave him out knowing his status at the club.

Can't argue with any of this.