Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Has anyone thought that maybe the club/Jose weren't actually planning on loaning out Lukaku, but then a top 7 club managed by a gaffer who has a good track record with youth players, came in then the Jose thought this would be too good a chance for Lukaku to miss on in his long term development? Maybe this is why the club held firm when WBA came in with a late hyjack insisting he is still going Everton.

If he was sent to Vittesse or in the Championship i would understand the anger, but i think this is a fantastic chance for Romelu.

All this does for me is make me rue not signing Cavani even more.

He's already had one successful loan in this league, not sure how another is necessary, he'd be of more benefit to the club in the squad as he's better then our other options

I didn't say the loan is a mistake, in fact I applaud it. It's just disgustingly unfair to me that a player who had an amazing season is still benched for Torres, who had another shitty one, was nothing but a disappointment and is only still there because no one else wants to buy him. The least they could have done is give him one freaking start, after the pre-season he had and quotes like "he's going to be an important player for us this season. He won't be loaned out."

He was misled. Simple as that. Chelsea should feel lucky the boy loves this club so much, he's been f*cked twice now. Normally that's byebye.

as I said earlier, anyone except my mother being benching over Torres is stupid imo, but I guess burning the player is also stupid. If he had a few more episodes like the pathetic penalty miss - and maybe he would have, we can't forget he's young and there's a lot of pressure playing in a club as big as Chelsea, it could do more damage than good. That's my opinion since the beginning.

I was just annoyed to see people imply they know better than Mourinho, but I already let it go as well.

Also, if he feels like the club didn't appreciate him enough - while he was only a 20yo potential good player - and decides go elsewhere, it's his right and no one can badmouth him for that. Chelsea will replace him the minute it happens, I have no doubt.

I didn't say the loan is a mistake, in fact I applaud it. It's just disgustingly unfair to me that a player who had an amazing season is still benched for Torres, who had another shitty one, was nothing but a disappointment and is only still there because no one else wants to buy him. The least they could have done is give him one freaking start, after the pre-season he had and quotes like "he's going to be an important player for us this season. He won't be loaned out."

He was misled. Simple as that. Chelsea should feel lucky the boy loves this club so much, he's been f*cked twice now. Normally that's byebye.

Like i said before, im not convinced the plan was to loan him, but when the Everton chance came along, it was too good to turn down, and we haven't fucked him, we have given him a very very good loan at a top 7 side in the best league in the world, if we loaned him to Vittesse then i will agree, but simply he has been given a great opportunity here, probably one he pushed for himself when he heard of Everton's intrest.

He's already had one successful loan in this league, not sure how another is necessary, he'd be of more benefit to the club in the squad as he's better then our other options

He would have played enough if he stayed i have no doubt about that, but at Everton he will most likely play every week, i personally reckon he pushed it when he found out of the interest.

If I were him I would demand a transfer next season. For fuck sake he scored twice the amount of goals Torres or even Ba scored. I dont get this his not ready business, a player only becomes ready by being given a chance. At this point Chelsea have never given him a chance to prove himself, even worse he has been our better striker even though he played less than an hour of football

Couldn't it be possible Lukaku himself wanted another loan? After some disappointments of being benched (and maybe the penalty miss against bayern) and eto'o, he wants more playing time, with his thoughts at the WC 2014?

Would've loved to see him stay, but for his own development, it's better. Sitting on a bench and playing 15 minutes in the end, will not do so much...

Jelavic didn't do much last season and Kone isn't that good, so he would be able to get the nr1 spot pretty quick.

Not happy with this at all, not happy.

The only loan move I would ever accept is him going back to West Brom for another year. This happening is like telling him to start everything again for another season. At least with West Brom he could fit right back in and pro long another year on loan and pick up where he left off.

I'm angry about it but Lukaku has done well to prove many of the doubters wrong, perhaps he can do this again? Best of luck to you Romelu, you will be a star soon I know you will

If he had a few more episodes like the pathetic penalty miss - and maybe he would have, we can't forget he's young and there's a lot of pressure playing in a club as big as Chelsea, it could do more damage than good. That's my opinion since the beginning.

I was just annoyed to see people imply they know better than Mourinho, but I already let it go as well.

Ow come on. He got practically no playing time in the league while the strikers playing did basically nothing. Of course you start doubting yourself then. He obviously saw taking that penalty as his only chance to make himself important in short term and lost it because of the stress it caused. Which was not very clever of course but you don't have to be a psychologist to see that...

Pressure lessens if he gets more time to play. Pressure rises if every time you finally get on the field it feels like it's your only chance to shine.

Couldn't it be possible Lukaku himself wanted another loan? After some disappointments of being benched (and maybe the penalty miss against bayern) and eto'o, he wants more playing team, with his thoughts at the WC 2014?

Would've loved to see him stay, but for his own development, it's better. Sitting on a bench and playing 15 minutes in the end, will not do so much...

Jelavic didn't do much last season and Kone isn't that good, so he would be able to get the nr1 spot pretty quick.

I have a feeling the same thing. I am very annoyed with the loan but he probably realised he has not started our first 4 games and that is unlikely to change in the few weeks with Eto'o coming in so he probably wants to prove himself to the NT manager why he should be first choice and he can only do that by playing and scoring. Just really annoyed that we decided to get him out on loan now. Had he been at another club on loan from the beginning he could of had a few goals to his name and he will have to wait as Everton's first game is us and he obviously will be ineligible. Anyway hope he has a great season. Will support him on in every game and I won't be surprised for him to be scoring more than all our strikers if not combined together.

Ow come on. He got practically no playing time in the league while the strikers playing did basically nothing. Of course you start doubting yourself then. He obviously saw taking that penalty as his only chance to make himself important in short term and lost it because of the stress it caused. Which was not very clever of course but you don't have to be a psychologist to see that...

Pressure lessens if he gets more time to play. Pressure rises if every time you finally get on the field it feels like it's your only chance to shine.

imagine if he misses the sitter Oscar did against one big match in CL or title contender in EPL and we lose or draw because of that?

What I don't get is why.the.rush? It seems like he needs to be played otherwise he won't ever become a good player for Chelsea, but he's only 20!!!!!! I've seen many, many boys get those traumatizing experiences at such early age and never recover. If you guys prefer to take a risk, be my guests.

I've talked tiredly about his lack of mental maturity before the lousy penalty. I've said it so many times I tired everyone out. The first big problem in his hands, he crumbles. I can't judge him for that, he's only 20 after all, but I judged Mourinho a lot for allowing that to happen.

It doesn't make sense to me, mate, we could exchange posts til next season and I wouldn't understand your angle. It's not personal or anything. I just don't get it.

Good move imo. Regardless of how many goals he scored last year, he still isn't ready to be first choice for Chelsea. Sure he's better than Torres and Ba, but it would halt his development if he's going to get playing time similar to what he's gotten till now. So it's best for both parties to allow him to develop further.

And, Everton is a great choice, I'm glad he went there instead of West Brom. We already know he can play in West Brom's playing style but that's nothing like Chelsea and Everton will be a great experience.

No need to rush with him, he's still young.

I hope he tears it up for Everton this season, would be funny if they ended up doing better under Martinez than Moyes. I don't think he has that much to worry about, none of the strikers we currently have are going to be around for the long haul, if we'd signed someone like Falcoa, Cavani or Rooney then he'd have reason to worry.

The knee-jerk reaction in here is ridiculous!

Lukaku will be going to a decent side and will be a starter. Chalobah and Josh can very well be loaned to Championship sides. Mata will be probably staying. Mourinho is finally back. And Chelsea has already a very good squad.

What is the panic all about?

It's not a panic at all.. wow... all last season we moaned and bitched about not having a class striker banging in 15 goals + whilst watching Lukaku do that for WBA. Then after a painful year of watching that we finally get back that goalscorer to only then loan him out again because we aquired the services of a 32 year old Eto'o who has been out of top flight football in a shitty Russian league. I won't listen to Schurrle can play Sriker either because I am yet to see him play as a striker at a top quality level.. he is a winger. That's why I'm annoyed and all this talk of development is a load of bollox, he had that last year and was more than ready as he showed in pre-season also. If we had signed a top class striker in the form of Lewandowski or Falcao I would have not been bothered at all about the loan but we didn't did we.

But everton isn't even in the fucking europa league!

jesus fuck! they can't even settle on a crest!

This just. I don't understand. I didn't want him to go out on loan at all. But getting past that argument, there HAD to be a more suitable option. fuck fuck fuck. I don't even know what to say or think......

Well, its just that. We think he isnt ready. But .... We never play him: not two years ago, not now. Only in preseason and he scored enough then.

Its manager anxiety avoidance: better go with experience/expensive strikers. Understandable, emotionally comfortable, but factually delusional.

Please someone contact Ron Gourlay because Mourinho is broken and needs fixing, he's delusional! Maybe someone can go there and give some trainings and fix him. Prayer circle for that to happen!