Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Are you saying Drogba isn't technically gifted?

Perhaps we have to define "technique". When discussing technically gifted strikers, the names that usually comes to mind are Berbatov, Aguero,Van persie, Zlatan, D.Villa, Eto'o et al. players who possess great first touch and close control and decent/excellent dribbling skills among other skills. To me Drogba has always relied on his physicality and belongs to the same level as Van Nistelroy, Di natale,Torres, Luca Toni et al in terms of technical ability.

Perhaps we have to define "technique". When discussing technically gifted strikers, the names that usually comes to mind are Berbatov, Aguero,Van persie, Zlatan, D.Villa, Eto'o et al. players who possess great first touch and close control and decent/excellent dribbling skills among other skills. To me Drogba has always relied on his physicality and belongs to the same level as Van Nistelroy, Di natale,Torres, Luca Toni et al in terms of technical ability.

Drogba is comparable with some of those you listed above.

If we are talking about technically gifted players than real Ronaldo tops all lists.

Drogba is technically gifted. I don't know what you've been watching for the last 8 years or so but his control and touch is incredible. He does some utterly amazing things with the ball that some of the players you mentioned couldn't dream of doing. I'm amazed you don't think he is technically gifted, gobsmacked actually.

such as?

Big smile on my face reading that. I really hope this boy succeeds here.

Well, he always said Chelsea was his favorite team, so I'm pretty sure it isn't an act. I remember reading an article about him when he was just 16 years old and in this article a journalist was interviewing some of his friends from school and Anderlecht U17. Even then (and I'm talking about 2009 here) they said Chelsea was the team of his dreams.

Not too many players dare to be this honest about their favorite teams abroad. I mean.. he knew goddamn well that this would scare off scouts from teams like Arsenal, etc. He didn't care about that at all.

Respect :)

Are you in anyway suggesting that Drogba is technically gifted?

of course... and by technically I don't mean showboat dribbling, but his touch, shooting technique, ball control etc. For his build, he has extraordinary technique.