Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I really hope he develops his technique and doesn't just rely on his size and athleticism.

With Drogba mentoring him, and looking at how Drogba plays, I'm sure Lukaku won't be slacking. If he succeeds, then I can see him as our future captain... the hard work has just begun for him.

With Drogba mentoring him, and looking at how Drogba plays, I'm sure Lukaku won't be slacking. If he succeeds, then I can see him as our future captain... the hard work has just begun for him

drogs also mentors kalou so i think it will take more than that to make him a star ;)

drogs also mentors kalou so i think it will take more than that to make him a star ;)

You can't really compare Kalou and Lukaku now can you :D Drogs and Kalou don't even play the same position, absolutely different players. And there is not much wrong with Kalou's technique, he just doesn't seem to have the intelligence to use it wisely... That's why he is inconsistent, some days work out for him, some days the opposition defenders are just worse, most of the times he just makes wrong decisions.

You can't really compare Kalou and Lukaku now can you :D Drogs and Kalou don't even play the same position, absolutely different players. And there is not much wrong with Kalou's technique, he just doesn't seem to have the intelligence to use it wisely... That's why he is inconsistent, some days work out for him, some days the opposition defenders are just worse.

Kalou was originally a striker.

Kalou was originally a striker.

A different striker. Lukaku is already Drogba on steroids in terms of physics. Again, I see no basis why people compare him to Kalou/C.Cole/Heskey... Kalou just doesn't have it, whilst Lukaku definitely has the passion to make things happen and Drogba is his idol. I can't even see Drogba mentoring Kalou anymore, if anybody, it should be Malouda. Lukaku doesn't strike me as a sloucher/slacker type.

Lukaku's dad - "For him, it's an absolute dream come true. He will play alongside his idol, Didier Drogba. When he heard the news, he went crazy. He jumped for joy. He has directly put on the jersey of Chelsea and he started dancing in the living room. At that moment, I remembered that my son was still only 18. This naivety is amazing. I think it will help him succeed. He will play in one of the biggest clubs in the world but it will never be undermined by pressure"

Big smile on my face reading that. I really hope this boy succeeds here.

With Drogba mentoring him, and looking at how Drogba plays, I'm sure Lukaku won't be slacking. If he succeeds, then I can see him as our future captain... the hard work has just begun for him.

Are you in anyway suggesting that Drogba is technically gifted?

You can't really compare Kalou and Lukaku now can you :D Drogs and Kalou don't even play the same position, absolutely different players. And there is not much wrong with Kalou's technique, he just doesn't seem to have the intelligence to use it wisely... That's why he is inconsistent, some days work out for him, some days the opposition defenders are just worse, most of the times he just makes wrong decisions.

of course not but kalou is a striker, its us who have made him into a make shift winger. The point im making is that drogs aint a coach and we shouldnt expect him to be training lukaku in one to ones. Of course he will pass on bit of knowledge but he wont be the reason for lukakus success or failure.