test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,633 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Neira said:

Yep. Still very averyage, despite being named MOTM, despite nice goal and beautiful assist. Average. (pun intended).

Average players have good games too.

he’s a good striker... will never be a great striker, but not mediocre/average either because of his physical attributes.

Still takes a specific system to play a striker like him, and have my doubts United is it.

DYC. likes this

His face when he scored is why I wanted him gone. Absolutely ego driven, more than anyone I can think of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The thing is, fight can make an average player above average. The fight he showed in that burst at the end is something Morata doesnt have in the locker.

11Drogba likes this

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The thing is, fight can make an average player above average. The fight he showed in that burst at the end is something Morata doesnt have in the locker.

heh always thought fans overplayed "fight" and "desire", and something that can be mixed up with overall quality. Lukaku's not a donkey, a terrible player, so he has moments that his descent technique, in conjunction with superior physique, give him an edge; that makes him a good striker, not a great one.

Lukaku has one of the lowest work rate I've ever seen in a striker. When the football is not near him, he's not involved at all.

IMO Morata's issues are related more to his lack of physicality, than his desire That's the easiest (by far) weakness to correct in a player. So much so that we've seen it done hundreds of times before. Whether Morata has the drive to go through it (long hours at the gym), that's a different story. Morata has the technique and creativity that Lukaku will never have, so it makes sense to bet on Morata.

DYC. likes this

5 minutes ago, Robguima said:

heh always thought fans overplayed "fight" and "desire", and something that can be mixed up with overall quality. Lukaku's not a donkey, a terrible player, so he has moments that his descent technique, in conjunction with superior physique, give him an edge; that makes him a good striker, not a great one.

Lukaku has one of the lowest work rate I've ever seen in a striker. When the football is not near him, he's not involved at all.

IMO Morata's issues are related more to his lack of physicality, than his desire That's the easiest (by far) weakness to correct in a player. So much so that we've seen it done hundreds of times before. Whether Morata has the drive to go through it (long hours at the gym), that's a different story. Morata has the technique and creativity that Lukaku will never have, so it makes sense to bet on Morata.

Seriously overplayed. 

Robguima likes this

12 minutes ago, Robguima said:

heh always thought fans overplayed "fight" and "desire"

6 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Seriously overplayed. 

Funny thing is, without them, we would never have won the Champions League in 2012.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Funny thing is, without them, we would never have won the Champions League in 2012.

Quality won Chelsea the majority of their trophies.

Keyword was overplayed. Fight and desire matters but it only gets you so far.

Belgiannutt and Robguima like this

4 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Quality won Chelsea the majority of their trophies.

Keyword was overplayed. Fight and desire matters but it only gets you so far.

True but same applies the other way round too. You can have as much quality as you want but if you don't "marry" that with the fight and desire, you won't get far.

11Drogba likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

True but same applies the other way round too. You can have as much quality as you want but if you don't "marry" that with the fight and desire, you won't get far.

Is it really that hard to understand? His point was quality matters a lot more. Now if you disagree with that, fine, but I would completely disagree with that. No point arguing either.