Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Everton just 6 points clear of the relegation area. Their league performance of this season is so bad and of course he is also part of that.

He scored 17 goals this season which is not bad. Everton don't really work this year and it's hard to score goals for a team like that.

I think Lukaku will play for a top side in a year or two.

The Chelsea figures are important. Scoring goals at West Bromwich Albion, Anderlecht and even Everton, to some extent, is in some ways easier. The team is effectively set up to play to its primary strength, i.e. its strikers, whereas at Chelsea there is no individual strength that it promoted or highlighted in any way. It is harder to score goals as a forward for Chelsea because of the primacy of its midfield players. The great strikers in that time period; the Drogbas, the Anelkas and the Costas (and even the Kalous) still managed to find the back of the net. Okay, Romelu barely had a sniff, but no goals in 15 senior appearances for the club is indicative of his struggles here.

While I partly agree with both, and exactly thats why I dont know why its such shame to see KDB do well in wolfsburg. The kid would NEVER be as good here as he is there even with regular play time. Mourinho tactics, his role, pressure, difficult schedule, no way would KDB perform this great for us. So far he is big fish in small pond, lets see how he does in bigger team first.

Everytime I see him play I think thank fuck we sold him. He scored 17 goals, great. Does that include the 5 against Young boys? Does that include penalties? Dont believe he is good enough for Chelsea. His first touch is still shocking, looks like a pass at times.

He scored 17 goals this season which is not bad. Everton don't really work this year and it's hard to score goals for a team like that.

I think Lukaku will play for a top side in a year or two.

Yeh..and that side will most likely be Wolfsburg. They play at a good tempo & he's got enough pace and strength to worry most Bundesliga defenders..

Bad control per game:

Lukaku: 1.8

Aguero: 1.9

Kane: 1.9

Austin: 2.0

Sanchez: 2.2

Sterling: 2.2

Berahino: 2.3

Costa: 2.3

Perception is everything?

Could be something to do with the fact he touches the ball about half as much as the likes of Aguero, Costa, etc.

Could be something to do with the fact he touches the ball about half as much as the likes of Aguero, Costa, etc.

I could keep adding more and more names ... Lukaku wouldn't be the only player on that list that's starved of service ... Everton’s form as a whole has given him a great disservice.