Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

and he bit. After years of him giving interviews he should be prepared for those question. But he has never been very diplomatic. At least it is entertaining that he often utters what he thinks with him always being so cocky.

But when his ambition has always been to play for a top club, he rather might have stayed here and learned from the best, instead of playing at a place where he has no pressure to improve. tbh I'd have left CFC, too. We were never going to give him a chance and he is showing why. At this rate it will take years until he has worked out ho tot use his strengths correctly.

He remains a good player and Bundesliga would suit him. Most players there are half his size and slow as fuck. He would tear apart all those shitty sides.

In Mous first season back he had a chance to be a member of the squad, with his competition a decent but past his prime Eto'o, an out of favour Ba and abysmal Torres but bottled it.

This season he had a place in the squad avaliable to him, he asked to leave.

He was offered opportunities to be an active member of one of the best squad's in Europe at 20 then 21, as far as getting chances do doesn't get much bigger at his age.

Because he just recently joined a new club for 30 million, how would you feel as an Everton fan when your underperforming record signing is saying he wants to join a top-club in the future?

As opposed to the scrub team that is Everton? He needs to shut the fuck up and show Everton fans why they bought him for such a large amount of money.

This. He needs to perform and grow first. Lukakus mouth (and his flapping with discontent on the pitch while underperforming) needs a reality check. If I compare to the humbleness Eden and KDB show while performing on the pitch....

Ps: this comes from one that indeed recognised he was badly portrayed in his media appearances at first. No more now though. He needs Gnothi Seauton- know yourself.

This. He needs to perform and grow first. Lukakus mouth (and his flapping with discontent on the pitch while underperforming) needs a reality check. If I compare to the humbleness Eden and KDB show while performing on the pitch....

Ps: this comes from one that indeed recognised he was badly portrayed in his media appearances at first. No more now though. He needs Gnothi Seauton- know yourself.

I tended to go easy on him as he proved 2 years on loan that he can deliver but now he isn't.

How he can even contemplate talking in the media about future clubs even if he was baited, I don't understand. Add all the pointing to his feet and the arrogant gestures on the pitch as if he thinks he da man... he's making a fool of himself.

He needs a big slice of humble pie

• 3 weeks later...

Some food for thought!

Romelu's career stats in official games:

2009-2010 - Anderlecht: 33 (competition games) 15 goals / 11 (european games) 4 goals => 19 goals

2010-2011 - Anderlecht: 37 (competition games) 16 goals / 11 (european games) 4 goals => 20 goals

2011-2012 - Anderlecht: 2 (competition games) 2 goals

2011-2012 - Chelsea: 08 (competition games) 0 goals => 0 goals

2012-2013 - West Brom: 35 (competition games) 17 goals => 17 goals

2013-2014 - Chelsea: 2 (competition games) 0 goals => 0 goals

2013-2014 - Everton: 31 (competition games) 15 goals => 15 goals

2014-2015 - Everton: 28 (competition games) 7 goals / 8 (european games) 7 goals => 14 goals (and counting)

The kid just proves he's an absolute solid goalscorer wherever he plays! Then to know that during the 2011-2014 seasons we were desperately in need of a scoring striker!!! :doh:

Really hate the Chelsea figures in these stats!!!!!!

Some food for thought!

2009-2010 - Anderlecht: 33 (competition games) 15 goals / 11 (european games) 4 goals => 19 goals

2010-2011 - Anderlecht: 37 (competition games) 16 goals / 11 (european games) 4 goals => 20 goals

2014-2015 - Everton: 28 (competition games) 7 goals / 8 (european games) 7 goals => 14 goals (and counting)

The kid just proves he's an absolute solid goalscorer wherever he plays! Then to know that during the 2011-2014 seasons we were desperately in need of a scoring striker!!! :doh:

The Chelsea figures are important. Scoring goals at West Bromwich Albion, Anderlecht and even Everton, to some extent, is in some ways easier. The team is effectively set up to play to its primary strength, i.e. its strikers, whereas at Chelsea there is no individual strength that it promoted or highlighted in any way. It is harder to score goals as a forward for Chelsea because of the primacy of its midfield players. The great strikers in that time period; the Drogbas, the Anelkas and the Costas (and even the Kalous) still managed to find the back of the net. Okay, Romelu barely had a sniff, but no goals in 15 senior appearances for the club is indicative of his struggles here.

The Chelsea figures are important. Scoring goals at West Bromwich Albion, Anderlecht and even Everton, to some extent, is in some ways easier. The team is effectively set up to play to its primary strength, i.e. its strikers, whereas at Chelsea there is no individual strength that it promoted or highlighted in any way. It is harder to score goals as a forward for Chelsea because of the primacy of its midfield players. The great strikers in that time period; the Drogbas, the Anelkas and the Costas (and even the Kalous) still managed to find the back of the net. Okay, Romelu barely had a sniff, but no goals in 15 senior appearances for the club is indicative of his struggles here.

Sure I can follow what you're saying. But we also have to take a blame here... We really didn't give him a proper chance (15 apps but 80% of the times he came in as a sub after 80 minutes).

I just think it's fair to say we (as a club) are the ones to blame in the Romelu case. I'm very sure with proper confidence and game time he would easily be scoring the same amount of goals for us.

But in dutch we say: Figs after Easter!! Which is also a nice proverb to use these days :)

Some food for thought!

Not as simple as that, last season for example Eto'o was much more suited to us. It's not as easy as saying Lukaku would score goals and would have won us the league, there's also factors like general play, for example Hazards 2nd vs Newcastle last season would have never happened if Lukaku was playing instead of Samuel.

Sure I can follow what you're saying. But we also have to take a blame here... We really didn't give him a proper chance (15 apps but 80% of the times he came in as a sub after 80 minutes).

I just think it's fair to say we (as a club) are the ones to blame in the Romelu case. I'm very sure with proper confidence and game time he would easily be scoring the same amount of goals for us.

But in dutch we say: Figs after Easter!! Which is also a nice proverb to use these days :)

He got chances but he didn't really take them and decided to leave.

Look at Harry Kane, he was only getting games in Europa early this season, but he was happy to go to Timbuktu and prove his worth, and is now reaping the rewards.

Either way, what's done is done.