Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

To be fair, Hazard is at a top club so does not have quite the same motivation to talk about moving on. Only Real, Barca and maybe Bayern could even be claimed as an upward move for our number 10. Eden also has no need to tell people what a good player he is because people are constantly telling him that. Lukaku doesn't have the same luxury.

Still not an excuse to be spouting so much BS in the media though. Never mind the comparison with Hazard, even some other players work hard to improve themselves and then earn that move to a big club. Let the performances on the pitch do the talking. At the moment, Lukaku is more a top trash talker off the pitch than a top player on it.

To be fair, Hazard is at a top club so does not have quite the same motivation to talk about moving on. Only Real, Barca and maybe Bayern could even be claimed as an upward move for our number 10. Eden also has no need to tell people what a good player he is because people are constantly telling him that. Lukaku doesn't have the same luxury.

What I was trying to say is. Hazard is humble, lukaku is arrogant.

Being arrogant is fun when you back it up on the pitch like zlatan. He has no right to make a statement saying he'll leave to a bigger club when your current club broke their transfer record for you 6months ago

Lol, to play at a top club power, pace and scoring is not enough. You need footballing skills as well. Clearly, Lukaku will never be good enough for a top club, but if he shuts his mouth and works hard, he might be able to score 15-20 PL goals for Everton every season until he is 32. But that is the best career that I see him make. Not good enough for a top club and not good enough to be the striker of the Belgian national team. And based on this season, I hope Wilmots kicks him out of the first team for a while.

Lol, to play at a top club power, pace and scoring is not enough. You need footballing skills as well. Clearly, Lukaku will never be good enough for a top club, but if he shuts his mouth and works hard, he might be able to score 15-20 PL goals for Everton every season until he is 32. But that is the best career that I see him make. Not good enough for a top club and not good enough to be the striker of the Belgian national team. And based on this season, I hope Wilmots kicks him out of the first team for a while.

Depends what he meant by 'top club'. If it is just someone like Arsenal, Liverpool...etc who are basically in the 2nd tier of football hierarchy then he got the potential to be at one in the future. But if he means like us, Man City, Barca, Bayern, Real...etc then he is gonna forever dreaming.

For the sake of his own career, he really, really needs to just stop talking. He's still very young, but that excuse will wither away very quickly, however.

Really goes to show how invaluable emotional maturity is in this industry.

...and not sure why he feels the need to speak down, even implicitly, about Everton. Always thought they were an excellent club.

And which top club will want to sign him? He isn't clinical in front of goal and has the first touch of a donkey.

I don't agree, he knows how to finish. But he has the first touch of the Titanic indeed.

In a season where everybody calls him bad, he still has 7 PL goals in February. So normally he will reach 10 again. A lot of PL strikers dream about that.

And maybe his aiming is sometimes too much in the centre of the goal, like the one Cech saved. But he shoots the ball very hard, that's why everybody is cheering for the save Cech made. Not one goalkeeper in the league likes the fact he will play against Lukaku next game.

Still not an excuse to be spouting so much BS in the media though. Never mind the comparison with Hazard, even some other players work hard to improve themselves and then earn that move to a big club. Let the performances on the pitch do the talking. At the moment, Lukaku is more a top trash talker off the pitch than a top player on it.

What I was trying to say is. Hazard is humble, lukaku is arrogant.

Being arrogant is fun when you back it up on the pitch like zlatan. He has no right to make a statement saying he'll leave to a bigger club when your current club broke their transfer record for you 6months ago

Gentlemen,

You are both right of course, I can't argue with what either of you say. I do though remember Hazard being accused of something similar when he was planning to leave Lille. Unlike Romelu, Eden had given good service to his old club and has since proved that he can walk the walk in the big league. I accept that this makes his situation different to Lukaku's, but when Eden had a reason to talk about making progress in his career, it seems that is exactly what he did.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2952227/Romelu-Lukaku-wants-eventually-leave-Everton-club.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2953410/Romelu-Lukaku-worth-28m-one-day-fee-Everton-paid-not-much.html

This is the reason why he HAD to leave as rapidly as possible. He runs his mouth more than he scores goals. Toxic player to the squad. Balotelli 2.0 in the making.