test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,457 posts in this topic

Well, now that him and his agent has made a decision, we just have to forget everything about him and carry on. Hopefully we can sign a better striker this summer. Preseason bring it.

Ok for the love of God please lock this thread hahaha

I am actually sad and glad that we didn't get him, 100m is just too much money! Imagine we get him and then have nothing for the rest and we would still be complaining about how we dont have any one to feed the balls. In retrospect good we didnt get him for that insane price tag.

>> Imagine Lukaku does the penalty miss in one of the per-season or super cup? that got him out of Chelsea during Mourinho's return season in the super cup that would be precious. <<

Just hope Conte has plan and list of players he wants. We surely can't go into the season/pre-season without few good signings.

Everton's Romelu Lukaku Arrested at Beverly Hills Mansion, Crazy Rager

Thank fuck we didn't get this fraud. Likely to be the best bit of this transfer period looking at Emenalo and Marina but meh still funny.

BREAKING NEWS

Romelu Lukaku to appear in US court on October 2 after being cited following a noise complaint on July 2 in LA.

And some people were hoping he will come back to Chelsea, because he loves the club :D:D Never liked him after he decided he doesn't want to fight for the striker spot with Eto'o. Now, after compliting his transfer to this joke of a club, he is complete m*ron for me. He just proved that to me even more with his decision, of course there was nothing official that Chelsea made an approach for him, but after so many speculations, I sure Chelsea have offered Everton a lot of money for him and even have talked with him for personal terms.
But it's really surprising me how Mou wants his rejects in manure, Mata is playing there, now Lukaku, interest in Matic and players still go there and work with him, can't really understand that, probably in the end of the day is all about the $$$. At least this saga is over, 619+ pages for this guy and haven't played a single full season for Chelsea :D

RoyalBlues likes this

Whether we wanted him or not it doesn't really look good.  I guess this is what happens when you change your philosophy every couple seasons.  Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't the reason we bought him at 18 in the first place was to avoid getting involved in a huge transfer battle and not have to pay a huge fee?  If that was the case selling him without a buyback was stupidity of the highest order.  I can't say I really blame the board for not wanting to pay that kind of money, but as stated, that was the whole point of buying him at 18, to avoid this kind of situation.  The board just needs to decide what their philosophy is and stick to it through ups and downs and have faith in themselves to see it through.  Easier said then done I know.

Amblève. and Leif like this

31 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Whether we wanted him or not it doesn't really look good.  I guess this is what happens when you change your philosophy every couple seasons.  Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't the reason we bought him at 18 in the first place was to avoid getting involved in a huge transfer battle and not have to pay a huge fee?  If that was the case selling him without a buyback was stupidity of the highest order.  I can't say I really blame the board for not wanting to pay that kind of money, but as stated, that was the whole point of buying him at 18, to avoid this kind of situation.  The board just needs to decide what their philosophy is and stick to it through ups and downs and have faith in themselves to see it through.  Easier said then done I know.

It seems that we had the buy-back clause in place and Jose vetoed it for us to receive more money up front.

I'm not the biggest fan of the likes of Emenalo by any stretch and with the shelf life of a manager nowadays there needs to be a balance between the decision making at a club by the manager and the board. However lots of people moan on here and in general that the board have too much power and the manager has none, but in this situation where they have supported the manager's decision they've been hugely burnt. I bet a buy back clause would've been no more than £40 - 45m as well.

The only thing that can be done now is learn from this and make sure the top potential talents we do sell on, we insert a buy back clause into the deal to cover us.

Amblève. and Fernando like this

It's funny how mourinho couldn't wait to get rid off mata and lukaku at chelsea now he's managing them again 

Romelu Lukaku claims he is joining “the biggest club in the world” after undergoing his medical ahead of his move to Manchester United.

“It’s the biggest club in the world and a club that wants to win the league again and be dominant in the world again,” the Belgian told ESPN.

“I’ve always wanted the opportunity since a child, when they came calling I didn’t have to think twice. I’m really delighted to hopefully be a part of their history.

“Who would say no to the biggest club in the world, the best stadium in England, the best fans? It’s a perfect opportunity.

“I’ve always said I want to play for a team that is challenging for every trophy that there is,” he added.

“I think Manchester United want to be that dominant force. If you look at the history it says enough.

“To become part of a club like them is something I really wanted and I am thankful for the opportunity they gave me.

“Now it’s time to work hard, harder than I did before, and I am willing to do it. Hopefully it will come a good way.”

Wasn't he a Chelsea fan as a kid. Full of shit I guess. Keep chasing that touch kid.

RoyalBlues likes this

2 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Romelu Lukaku claims he is joining “the biggest club in the world” after undergoing his medical ahead of his move to Manchester United.

“It’s the biggest club in the world and a club that wants to win the league again and be dominant in the world again,” the Belgian told ESPN.

“I’ve always wanted the opportunity since a child, when they came calling I didn’t have to think twice. I’m really delighted to hopefully be a part of their history.

“Who would say no to the biggest club in the world, the best stadium in England, the best fans? It’s a perfect opportunity.

“I’ve always said I want to play for a team that is challenging for every trophy that there is,” he added.

“I think Manchester United want to be that dominant force. If you look at the history it says enough.

“To become part of a club like them is something I really wanted and I am thankful for the opportunity they gave me.

“Now it’s time to work hard, harder than I did before, and I am willing to do it. Hopefully it will come a good way.”

Wasn't he a Chelsea fan as a kid. Full of shit I guess. Keep chasing that touch kid.

He Will fail at utd imo he's to lazy and not skilled enough for a jose team, his touch will make jose go bald never mind grey lol

RoyalBlues and FabHazard like this

http://www.espn.co.uk/video/clip?id=19932714

Have United and Liverpool swapped the PR teams? 

Cried when visited Stamford Bridge for the first time saying Chelsea it's his dream club. Nevermind his room in Belgium all in blue filled with Chelsea stuff.

Now United are the biggest in the world and have the best set of fans :lol:

Bonds very well with the other Chelsea through and through "ready to defend the club as a pundit when he retires" Jose Mourinho that overnight felt a sudden chemistry with the United fans haha. 

Felt like his agent made him into joining United just to milk them of that outrageous agent fee, but interviews like this make me sick to my stomach. Fake people in a world ruled by greedy agents.

Amblève. and FabHazard like this

13 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Some people actually defended this creature. It was obvious since he left he didn't give a toss about Chelsea. If I was a player who got snapped by Chelsea when I was still a teenager I would've stood to fight for my place until 24-25 at least before leaving. Todd Kane loves Chelsea since he was little even though he hasn't been given a chance since ever. Despite playing only a handful of matches he still claims he loves the club a lot. Compare him to a fraud like Lukaku who couldn't fight for a 2nd place with Torres and Ba LOL

Fernando likes this

4 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Felt like his agent made him into joining United just to milk them of that outrageous agent fee, but interviews like this make me sick to my stomach. Fake people in a world ruled by greedy agents.

Yes his agent played a big part in turning him into Red. But lot of ppl have mentioned that Lukaku is smart and intelligent, so if he was so much in love with Chelsea (as it has been often mentioned) why didnt he just say No to the United move. At the end of the day, agreeing or disagreeing is in the hands of the player, right! And he chose to go to United. The interview pretty much sums up the attitude that he played with load of ppl into thinking that he will be at the Bridge. 

He is nothing more than a opportunist which is not wrong on his part ... lot of us got emotionally attached to what he showcased and wanted him to be part of us ... And that turned out to be Bazinga!!! moment :)  

FabHazard and Fernando like this

Meh every players says some crap which usually contradicts what was said before. Plus if we were faffing around taking to long to get things sorted you would think sod this and jump at the opportunity otherwise might never happen. 

Amblève. and Fernando like this

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Meh every players says some crap which usually contradicts what was said before. Plus if we were faffing around taking to long to get things sorted you would think sod this and jump at the opportunity otherwise might never happen. 

Exactly. Of course he is going to say all that shite. He wants all his new fans who are skeptical about his ability to fall in love with him so he's saying all the right things.

Next is the inevitable "I wanted Man United all along and was never thinking about or in contact with Chelsea. I've always dreamed only of Man United."

Fernando likes this

Lol, all the Lukaku never was a Chelsea fan posts in here. You do realise that it's possible to grow up a fan of team A and still sign/play for team B?

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that it's our club that solely fucked up? We dicked around with this Lukaku transfer since June apparently and couldn't manage to close the deal. United, however, come in and make it happen in an instant. Of course Lukaku will feel grateful and appreciated, the club he just signed for showed him that they want him and that the money is only secondary, getting him is what counts.

Dude really enjoying it, while he can, right. Let him said what he want. No matter how BS it was.