Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I find it upsetting some still want to stick the knife in . We made a lot of money out of him . He has gone now but in a way

he did more for chelsea than we did for him.

I guess my post does read like I'm sticking the knife in and I apologise for that. That wasn't the intention. I wish him well.

My view was, and is, that Rom's attributes WILL allow him to carve out a career but his lack of technical ability is permanent and this will restrict the level of club which will see him as a first choice option.

I guess my post does read like I'm sticking the knife in and I apologise for that. That wasn't the intention. I wish him well.

My view was, and is, that Rom's attributes WILL allow him to carve out a career but his lack of technical ability is permanent and will restrict the type of club who will see him as a first choice option.

Thats fair enough ,, but there are some small minded assholes on here

we made millions out of him ,,, you cant even give a £1 to the forum

At least he seems to have gotten a better upringing than you

Thats fair enough ,, but there are some small minded assholes on here

A fault confessed is half redressed.

I do think he just needs to find his confidence/rhythm back.

He was doing pretty well before the world cup, he scored in nearly every friendly game we played just before it started, including a hattrick.

Then he got an injury scare in the last match before the tournament, had to be subbed, had a very difficult match against Algeria and saw Origi take his place.
Apparently he's still not completely fit (don't know the details exactly but I think Wilmots said he was playing with injections/pain since the season started?)

This said, Origi is a more complete player. Not sure about Benteke (he's also a bit overrated in my opinion. Don't see him being first striker at one of the top teams as well). But there's a very big difference between a fit and happy Lukaku and a half injured Lukaku with confidence issues...

I think his confidence was in his dreads.

His general play is awful. Just watching the Burnley - Everton game. How the hell did we get £27m for him???? West Ham got Sakho and Valencia for £10m less.

Cause Valencia played for Pachuca in Liga MX and is Ecuadorian.

Lukaku was with Chelsea and from Belgium. Simple as that.

Cause Valencia played for Pachuca in Liga MX and is Ecuadorian.

Lukaku was with Chelsea and from Belgium. Simple as that.

Try and justify it all you want. West Ham got 2 really good players for £10m less. We got Diego Costa for £5m more. Theres no justification for the price Everton paid. Simples.

His general play is awful. Just watching the Burnley - Everton game. How the hell did we get £27m for him???? West Ham got Sakho and Valencia for £10m less.

Cos he scores goals. Like he did today.

4 in 6 games. Hardly a person who should be getting so much stick. :lol: