test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,478 posts in this topic

Now we look even worse than we did by not bidding. We went in at the last minute like desperate mugs and still lost out on him. :D

Belotti, please!

kellzfresh and xPetrCechx like this

Just now, Clockwork said:

Really good scenario if Costa and Conte reconcile. You would save yourself 80-100m, and you can reinforce other positions with that money. For example test Dortmund for Dembele.

No. Costa can fuck off after that crock half a year since the Leicester game.

He has dropped Conte completely and started playing shit on purpose. Fuck him. 

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

We might bid again yet

No. This is over.

And maybe for the best. I would've loved to see lukaku back but I think Belotti is the best option. If we are even going after him.

But easier dealing with Torino than Perez and Real Madrid. 

Beautiful how José was the one who bullied Rom away and now (re)signs him at United.

He might have took his biggest revenge at the club since his sacking. 

Di Marzio has been accurate this far, if he says Lukaku is a done deal then it is a done deal for sure dammit!

2 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Beautiful how José was the one who bullied Rom away and now (re)signs him at United.

I sometimes get the idea that he weakened us on purpose to cover his ass by selling Mata, Rom, Sarah and most importantly KDB. Completely backfired with Conte outclassing him so far.

kellzfresh likes this

4 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

He even advised against a buy-back when we sold him to Everton. 

Where's that quote from this forum that said something among the lines "Average players are debated, great players are universally regarded as great" ? Fits very well with Lukaku and this whole saga.

Why wait till late tonight to match United's bid, why not do it immediately when it was confirmed yesterday they had agreed with Everton? As I see it now it's too little, too late and he's a signature away from officially being a United player and has probably been celebrating the move in LA with his mate Pogba so it's difficult to swoop in anymore, but if it was done right after United's agreement there might still have been a chance.

And how convenient is it that Chelsea in their briefing to the media about matching the bid made a big mention that they refused to pay Mino Raiola as much as United are offering. Even mentioning that in the briefing is kind of petty and only makes it seem the club have already conceded a loss here but just want to set the the narrative to paint Raiola as the villain to distract attention from the board's own incompetence. That way they can tell the fans and Conte that they tried but in the end it was Lukaku's choice to go to United for a bigger payday for himself and his agent, when the reality is that if they had done their job a month ago Lukaku would be ours without United ever even making an offer.

kellzfresh, Stats, Chelsea? and 1 other like this

9 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

No. Costa can fuck off after that crock half a year since the Leicester game.

He has dropped Conte completely and started playing shit on purpose. Fuck him. 

Ideally i wouldn't want Costa to stick around. But i do not see the advantage of selling him for peanuts to Atletico and paying double-triple that amount for a striker that might not even be an improvement. Lukaku and Morata don't impress me, enough has being said about Lukaku and Morata has done absolutely so little at age 25. Belotti is the most interesting one, i think he will do well in the PL but very tough to pay what Torino are asking for. Taking huge risk there.

Also i really believe O.Dembele is a player we should be targeting, great player already and potential to be one of the best in the world. 

2 hours ago, Tautvix said:

I just hope this isn't Man Utd games just to embarrass us and say Chelsea also offered same but he signed for the best club in the world... It's always strange to see everyone reporting at the same time.

I said this earlier. It's Man Utd games.

52 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

It's just sad to witness what is happening with this club just after Conte delivers a *bonus* Premier league title. We are so poorly run for what is now a global brand of a football club. 

I've been defending our board quite a lot over the past few years but man, Lukaku should have been wrapped up by mid-June. If he really joins United because we penny-pinched over a few millions it's gonna be hard to have any faith in whoever the fuck is running our transfer department. This whole thing of trying to outsmart everyone and buy cheaper players is a strategy bound to fail; you simply do NOT think twice about paying up for a quality starter for arguably the most important position on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

chelsea shouldn't bid.

Chelsea could. But not every English paper would say that at the same time. Then after 1 hour Di Marzio just kills it.