Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

We should sold him to Juve and get Pogba/Vidal in return.

Not Everton, another PL team.

We USED to not be selling club but now Mata, Sturridge and Lukaku play for very good PL teams...

Do you even know the definition of a selling club?

We should sold him to Juve and get Pogba/Vidal in return.

Not Everton, another PL team.

We USED to not be selling club but now Mata, Sturridge and Lukaku play for very good PL teams...

A Selling club in football terms is a club that has it's players 'taken' from them, like Southampton or Atletico Madrid.

Hate to patronise you, but we really shouldn't be seeing the club referred to as such.

Mourinho wanted to in regards to Mata & Lukaku, so that's enough of a reason.

I like Mata but tbh we should tell him to get lost in spain or rot on our bench (or fight for spot).

But we listened to his wish and sold him to one of biggest league rivals. Gaal who will bring another CB and CM will make team strong and Mata could help them win titles in two seasons or so. If United gets ahead of us because of Mata we will look like fools. And that is possible.

I agree we aint selling club, but recently we sold few good players to big rivals, something we never did in past.

I like Mata but tbh we should tell him to get lost in spain or rot on our bench (or fight for spot).

But we listened to his wish and sold him to one of biggest league rivals. Gaal who will bring another CB and CM will make team strong and Mata could help them win titles in two seasons or so. If United gets ahead of us because of Mata we will look like fools. And that is possible.

I agree we aint selling club, but recently we sold few good players to big rivals, something we never did in past.

Everton & Liverpool are clubs we can afford to sell to, that just leaves United..

We're yet to see how Mata will fit into van Gaal's plans as the season progresses. When we sold him there wasn't a real 'need' on United's part, not an area they needed to strengthen with a player that has his limitations. Mourinho had no plans for him, and United were the ONLY club interested.

I think we can safely say we'd never sell Hazard domestically.

And he is absolutely right. that's the bitter truth and there's nothing wrong with it.

If it's true, why do we have Oscar, Salah, Hazard, Schürrle, etc?

If you can make an impact, you will succeed. Age has nothing to do with it IMO.

Players obviously get more time at Everton as they haven't got a lot of pressure on them to succeed; Chelsea is a different kettle of fish!

Everton & Liverpool are clubs we can afford to sell to, that just leaves United..

We're yet to see how Mata will fit into van Gaal's plans as the season progresses. When we sold him there wasn't a real 'need' on United's part, not an area they needed to strengthen with a player that has his limitations. Mourinho had no plans for him, and United were the ONLY club interested.

I think we can safely say we'd never sell Hazard domestically.

I don't feel bad about the sell of Lukaku and Mata. I think they was good business and Mourinho had his input there.

However I think Sturridge was a bit different.

I think Mourinho might have kept him.

It sucks he was sold one season before Mourinho came.

Cause who doesn't miss watching his little dance?

sturridge-dance.gif

B)

There was no FFP in the past. Yes, they were good players, but they were not key for us at the time and we got great deals out of them, not counting the Sturridge one. We are finally run like a self-sufficient club, without counting on Roman to always bail us out.

It is to me. I ain't bothered as he is no longer a Chelsea player, but he talks for the sake of talking IMO.

Haha mate you make it sound as if Lukaku's calling the papers to get some words out! Don't forget that these players get a couple of hundred interview requests, Phone calls, stalkings, etc. every day and week.

Anyway, he's not insulting Chelsea at all, just talks good about Everton which I think is pretty logical since they just signed him and spent a ridiculous amount of money for him. Would be quite a shocker if the new Multi million signing speaks bad about the new club and pisses off the supporters!

Don't pick a fight just for the sake of picking a fight is all!

If Robben did the same thing I'd be saying the same thing. Actually, I blasted Robben for wanting to leave CFC when he was here to begin with. I call it how I see it, regardless of nationality. Interesting to see that your defence on Lukaku is based on the fact that he's Belgian though. Means you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt if he wasn't right?

I mention Robben cause I've seen you defend his aspired place among the world's best players with a passion, only last week I think on this very forum. And quite rightly so, don't get me wrong. Robben has proved enough in the past WC and past two seasons at Bayern.

If I'm not mistaken, however, Robben has not been a Chelsea player for a couple of years now, so the fact that you're still defending him on this forum, can only mean - imo - you have some personal involvement with this player. Be it nationality based or not.

Anyway, that doesn't even matter to me. The fact that you're a Chelsea fan doesn't mean that you can't support your own country anymore. Matter of fact, I think it would be quite odd if, being Dutch, you wouldn't support the Dutch team and it's players. An English Chelsea fan is also allowed to root for the English national team and likewise for a Belgian Chelsea fan, I think (hope).

So isn't it completely normal that one gets more wound up about a player when this guy plays for his own country? But that doesn't mean that all your arguments concerning this player are unvalid, biased, whatever. You just defend him with more passion than somebody else would.

Anyway, just asking to stop being hypocrytical about nationality. It's a baggage we all carry. We all root for our own country, and can still support any club team we like.

Haha mate you make it sound as if Lukaku's calling the papers to get some words out! Don't forget that these players get a couple of hundred interview requests, Phone calls, stalkings, etc. every day and week.

Anyway, he's not insulting Chelsea at all, just talks good about Everton which I think is pretty logical since they just signed him and spent a ridiculous amount of money for him. Would be quite a shocker if the new Multi million signing speaks bad about the new club and pisses off the supporters!

Don't pick a fight just for the sake of picking a fight is all!

I ain't mate. People might call him, but he doesn't have to talk to them. There are some players that never spoke to papers, etc till they retired, but he has done the opposite any chance he gets.

Either way, as I said previously; he is no longer one of us.

I mention Robben cause I've seen you defend his aspired place among the world's best players with a passion, only last week I think on this very forum. And quite rightly so, don't get me wrong. Robben has proved enough in the past WC and past two seasons at Bayern.

If I'm not mistaken, however, Robben has not been a Chelsea player for a couple of years now, so the fact that you're still defending him on this forum, can only mean - imo - you have some personal involvement with this player. Be it nationality based or not.

Anyway, that doesn't even matter to me. The fact that you're a Chelsea fan doesn't mean that you can't support your own country anymore. Matter of fact, I think it would be quite odd if, being Dutch, you wouldn't support the Dutch team and it's players. An English Chelsea fan is also allowed to root for the English national team and likewise for a Belgian Chelsea fan, I think (hope).

So isn't it completely normal that one gets more wound up about a player when this guy plays for his own country? But that doesn't mean that all your arguments concerning this player are unvalid, biased, whatever. You just defend him with more passion than somebody else would.

Anyway, just asking to stop being hypocrytical about nationality. It's a baggage we all carry. We all root for our own country, and can still support any club team we like.

Hahaha you've got to be kidding me. Me saying Robben is one of the elite players in the world has nothing to do with me being Dutch. I call it how I see it pal. I can defend any player with passion, irregardless of nationality. Go to the Luiz or Sturridge (two non Dutch players in case you never figured that out) threads and you'll see that for yourself.

My point is you clearly wouldn't be defending Lukaku's actions if he wasn't Belgian. I'm telling you that if Lukaku was Dutch, I'd be saying the exact same thing I've been saying about him.

No better than average for me. Everyone got carried away because he was big and strong like Drogba the guy doesn't have 1/5 of Drogba's technical ability. He has the touch of a rapist and isn't the best finisher around.

He is still a young guy but has a lot to prove

He has a shit attitude too

My point is you clearly wouldn't be defending Lukaku's actions if he wasn't Belgian. I'm telling you that if Lukaku was Dutch, I'd be saying the exact same thing I've been saying about him.

Do you honestly think that I like ALL the Belgian players then? That I just adore them for the mere fact of having a Belgian passport? No, of course not. My opinion on Lukaku is based on what I've seen from him, his record, his history, his stats, and so on. I evaluate him like I'd evaluate any other player. The nationality issue only makes a difference in the level of commitment you are willing to make in defending those views. Not the other way around. There's so many Belgian players I think are crap, or hugely overrated, or whatever, but you won't catch me defending them.