Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Too bad it's not Robben, would like to've seen your defence then.

I know you are hinting at his nationality but using Robben was a poor move. Robben was a good player and at his day, he played well for the club. He did get hate, but he fought for his place while the club wasn't afraid to spend. Lukaku hasn't done anything like that.

So, no more talk about how Jose wouldn't give him a chance, no more talk about his willingness to fight for his place and the badge. Romelu Lukaku has shown to us all that he's a little baby and when he's challenged, would sooner run than stand and fight.

I don't know about the rest of you but any player who doesn't fancy his chances at besting 36 yr old Drogba and extremely poor Torres, while under studying the most clinical striker in the world last year sounds like a coward in my books. He wants to start at one of the biggest clubs in the world and not work his way into that role. Sorry but that's not proper Chels. Look at who Didier had to ward off to win his place then to keep it? It's that sort of mentality that makes you an assassin! The guy freakin cried in the World Cup and ended up second choice to Origi! He's proven he's not Chelsea standard in my books.

Anyway everyone got what they want in the end. He's gone to fight for middle of the table honours, we get an extremely healthy kitty for a player who is clearly still a kid. I'm pretty sure we'll reinvest the money wisely and continue to build a squad that can easily win multiple titles. Lukaku could've been nice if he had the winners mentality, he clearly doesn't so let's take that kitty and put it into the REAL next Drogba, Benteke or even Bony! One of those guys with costa and didier with Torres cleaning up is a real strike force.

I really hope lukaku doesn't end up regretting this decision he's taken, he's young but opportunities to play for a club this size don't come around everyday. He could one day look back on this and wonder what might've been. I doubt we will do that at Chelsea though, the badge is bigger than any player, when one goes another comes in! Looking forward to some incredible football!

Good luck to lukaku! I had high hopes for him! His personal ambitions weren't congruent with the club's, Jose's wants warriors not cowards.

So, no more talk about how Jose wouldn't give him a chance, no more talk about his willingness to fight for his place and the badge. Romelu Lukaku has shown to us all that he's a little baby and when he's challenged, would sooner run than stand and fight.

I don't know about the rest of you but any player who doesn't fancy his chances at besting 36 yr old Drogba and extremely poor Torres, while under studying the most clinical striker in the world last year sounds like a coward in my books. He wants to start at one of the biggest clubs in the world and not work his way into that role. Sorry but that's not proper Chels. Look at who Didier had to ward off to win his place then to keep it? It's that sort of mentality that makes you an assassin! The guy freakin cried in the World Cup and ended up second choice to Origi! He's proven he's not Chelsea standard in my books.

Anyway everyone got what they want in the end. He's gone to fight for middle of the table honours, we get an extremely healthy kitty for a player who is clearly still a kid. I'm pretty sure we'll reinvest the money wisely and continue to build a squad that can easily win multiple titles. Lukaku could've been nice if he had the winners mentality, he clearly doesn't so let's take that kitty and put it into the REAL next Drogba, Benteke or even Bony! One of those guys with costa and didier with Torres cleaning up is a real strike force.

I really hope lukaku doesn't end up regretting this decision he's taken, he's young but opportunities to play for a club this size don't come around everyday. He could one day look back on this and wonder what might've been. I doubt we will do that at Chelsea though, the badge is bigger than any player, when one goes another comes in! Looking forward to some incredible football!

Good luck to lukaku! I had high hopes for him! His personal ambitions weren't congruent with the club's, Jose's wants warriors not cowards.

I don't think he is being a coward at all. He just has that arrogance to himself where he considers himself good enough to be starting in the best league in the world. Realistically he could have fought to be 1st choice striker but with the signing of Diego Costa it is very unlikely. If it was not for Costa signing I definitely think he would have been up for the challenge but we signed him and yes we needed a striker like Costa but in Lukaku's view that was probably the final straw for him.

We can keep going on about fighting for his place but assuming Costa continues doing what he does best he was not going to be anything more than a super-sub and a striker who makes a few starts in cup and the odd league games. Costa is only 25 as well and can be leading the line for us for the near decade.

But yeah I agree with you in that he could have had a chance to play at his boyhood team, a team who will be challenging for major honours for the forseeable future and he might think 'what if?' but I am sure he thought about his decision. I do think you are underrating Everton though. They are growing. They have a good manager, did very well last year and I think fatigue and a lack of squad depth prevented them from getting 4th spot last season but with the right additions they can mount another serious challenge and it is not impossible for them to win the F.A Cup plus they are in the Europa League as well. A bit of a hindrance but still a European competition.

But at his age now he probably thinks the mose important thing is to play and I can understand that. He is at a very good team. Like I was saying if he stays here it might take him ages to ever prove he is capable of being the no.1 forward here and he could end up being frustrated. Look what happened last season to start with? He could not initially get ahead of Ba and Torres. Now we have Drogba and Costa who are better than both those strikers so realistically it would be very hard to prove himself and the majority of his appearances will be limited to 20 mins cameos or so.

But yeah good luck to him. He could have stayed and fought for his place but he has gone to a good team where he feels wanted, a team with potential and most importantly for him a team where he is guaranteed first team football and will be able to showcase his talents more.

He has said Jose doesn't believe in young players.

From the quotes I'm reading, he doesn't mention Mourinho at all. Click - bait journalism.

Exhibit A : http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/max.davis/1143643/romelu-lukaku-says-jose-mourniho-does-not-believe-in-young-players?utm_source=RSS&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Nothing 'clear' about it at all, imo. He doesn't mention us (outside of actually saying we're a good side) or Mourinho at all so let's not try and look for something that's not there.

It is to me. I ain't bothered as he is no longer a Chelsea player, but he talks for the sake of talking IMO.