test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,478 posts in this topic
Just now, RoyalBlues said:

Yes, no one else. But no reliable story about Lukaku as well! All articles made up by media suggesting he is 'close', but in reality not.

Enough reports about the club and Conte's interest in Lukaku to make me believe he was the number one target all along. Matt Law of the Telegraph has been saying it all this time and if there's one reporter I trust with news about Chelsea it's him.

For a few weeks now I've been saying Lukaku deal wasn't as 'close' as many seemed to think because there were zero reliable reports of a transfer fee being agreed or even about negotiations taking place between the clubs but he was still a top target, no doubt about that. The board members were just too busy jerking each other off to do anything about it.

Fernando and oldportblue like this

7 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

I think Jype's post above address this issue pretty well i.e. in the beginning, we thought we were the only ones in for him so we took our time to try to get the price down and now, out of nowhere, MU has put in a significant bid. If we really want him, we have to match it now or else he'll be gone to MU and I wouldn't be surprised if the board held a meeting today to discuss whether we will or we won't match their bid

1 minute ago, Jype said:

Enough reports about the club and Conte's interest in Lukaku to make me believe he was the number one target all along. Matt Law of the Telegraph has been saying it all this time and if there's one reporter I trust with news about Chelsea it's him.

For a few weeks now I've been saying Lukaku deal wasn't as 'close' as many seemed to think because there were zero reliable reports of a transfer fee being agreed or even about negotiations taking place between the clubs but he was still a top target, no doubt about that. The board members were just too busy jerking each other off to do anything about it.

Maybe. But who knows maybe we are not even made a move for any strikers yet. Maybe to solve Costa situation first.

6 minutes ago, Jype said:

He also said Luiz was not coming last summer, just before his transfer back to Chelsea. He has been wrong. He is more reliable than others if that is your point though.

Fernando likes this

5 minutes ago, Jype said:

It could be rough when you are thinking we got a striker all along and bam some thing like this happens.

Looks like our board is doing the business in a clandestine manner or that they are just pissing Conte and waiting for his resignation ( hilarious isn't it?)

38 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

I agree fully with the rest of your post but as to this part, has it been confirmed that MU's bid is accepted and that we won't match it? Not 100% sure but AFAIK, it hasn't. We could still match the bid I feel

Considering we sold Oscar for the amount we sold him for and if *apparently* Conte really wants Lukaku then why are we acting cash-strapped? 

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

He also said Luiz was not coming last summer, just before his transfer back to Chelsea. He has been wrong.

True, I remember that.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with Luiz deal, it was deadline day and everyone knows things can change really quickly on deadline transfers. But to say something consistently for a couple months it's most definitely a source inside the club telling him that.

21 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Considering we sold Oscar for the amount we sold him for and if *apparently* Conte really wants Lukaku then why are we acting cash-strapped? 

one scenario could be that before this sudden MU bid, the club was hoping to get him at a cheaper price of say 50-60M and was slowly working towards this goal. Now that they've bid as much as they have, our board is suddenly forced to make a decision on whether to match it and they themselves aren't sure if it's worth it for 76M pounds. Even though we are rich, even more so after the TV deal, the amounts being discussed are quite significant and taking into account that the club was maybe expecting to cash in big time on Costa before the Conte text incident happened, and now look set to lose a significant amount, maybe they want to think this over before throwing huge cash at Lukaku...

At this point, nothing would surprise me. For all I know, I could wake up tomorrow and see that he officially signed for MU or that we matched the bid and we are getting him. I see both scenarios as equally likely

Fernando likes this

5 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

I have something even better 

Screenshot_20170706-224927.png

Banter!!!!!

I am just so shocked to say the truth. Its as if CHelsea never won the EPL. I remind myself because what is happening to be honest is weird for it to happen to a League title holder. We are selling players like we finished at a mid table place.

We can't get deals finished and as if we are chasing unrealistic targets like West Ham does.

5 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

I have something even better 

Screenshot_20170706-224927.png

Banter!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA

JOKER HIMSELF WILL DIE FROM THIS THIS JOKE

The best i have ever seen on this forum.

So metro is saying chelsea don't want Belgiums number one but we want their number 2

Third summer in a row. It is unreal. 

I wouldn't mind some Chinese owners taking over and start doing business like AC Milan have been doing for weeks now. 

Tautvix likes this

8 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

The same people that didn't want Lukaku are now disheartened cause the club isn't getting Lukaku anymore.. :drunk:

Don't think that's the reason just clubs inability to close deals that stresses ppl 

xPetrCechx likes this

i know people have complained on this forum about why fans wish bad things for the club.

I wish bad as well. it is needed.

It like taking care of a child. Everytime you tell the child not to go close to the fire and everyday you pull him away. This goes on for so long until one day out of anger and frustration you watch the child go close and he places his hand into the fire and get burnt and you become satisfied because now you know that the child knows what will happen when he gets close and you can now have peace.

That why i believe some of us wish bad for the club. Since chelsea have not suffered they will never change and that how life is. We get so comfortable doing things and until something bad happen we never change. I am a bit happy that this is happening. I read Man united will try to get Morata in addition and i hope they do. What hurts me is Conte will get fired like the others and i hope when he does every top coach we go for will decline and we will go for Roman's russian friend.

It's so annoying when things repeat themselves but because we managed it and won the title we will stick to it. I really wish we go into the season with only Bats. There might be some benefits to even though we will likely not win the league we might see some Kids play and maybe break into the team.

The frustration is just too much and no one wants to change the system so we will stick with it. I don't mind if we go through what Manunited have gone through for the past few seasons. I am chelsea through and through i will still be till the end of time. 

Good lessons for chelsea to learn but then again it will not happen cause we will sack 20 more managers but we will have the same board or financial system or what ever it is that is destroying us

BluesMadLad likes this

2 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

i know people have complained on this forum about why fans wish bad things for the club.

I wish bad as well. it is needed.

It like taking care of a child. Everytime you tell the child not to go close to the fire and everyday you pull him away. This goes on for so long until one day out of anger and frustration you watch the child go close and he places his hand into the fire and get burnt and you become satisfied because now you know that the child knows what will happen when he gets close and you can now have peace.

That why i believe some of us wish bad for the club. Since chelsea have not suffered they will never change and that how life is. We get so comfortable doing things and until something bad happen we never change. I am a bit happy that this is happening. I read Man united will try to get Morata in addition and i hope they do. What hurts me is Conte will get fired like the others and i hope when he does every top coach we go for will decline and we will go for Roman's russian friend.

It's so annoying when things repeat themselves but because we managed it and won the title we will stick to it. I really wish we go into the season with only Bats. There might be some benefits to even though we will likely not win the league we might see some Kids play and maybe break into the team.

The frustration is just too much and no one wants to change the system so we will stick with it. I don't mind if we go through what Manunited have gone through for the past few seasons. I am chelsea through and through i will still be till the end of time. 

Good lessons for chelsea to learn but then again it will not happen cause we will sack 20 more managers but we will have the same board or financial system or what ever it is that is destroying us

You are weird.

RoyalBlues likes this

12 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

You are weird.

Maybe but the geezer speaks sense

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Maybe but the geezer speaks sense

Sorry mate, but whatever happens, I would never wish for things that aren't beautiful for Chelsea. To have read all that on a Chelsea board where fans get along to discuss about the club, this made me furious. 

I understand why people are disheartened, I am too, but this was pretty horrible to go through. I hope there are less people with the same mentality.

akgw13 likes this

people speaking about Lukaku like he is Pele .. im sure Belloti is better .. Lukaku is overrated kid ! 

RoyalBlues likes this