Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Yeah pretty much that, is mostly the Belgium guys defending him.

So I pay them no mind, their opinion is too biased.

Lukaku is a douche bag, and I could care less how he's career pan out now.

You do realize what you just said is also extremely biased, right ? I mean you just admitted to ignoring people's opinion because of their nationality.

I could even call that rascist but since there's already enough drama in this topic i'll just leave it at biased.

I have nothing against Lukaku. I hope he does well (except vs us) and i think he will. Another case of younger players finding it very hard to get a chance to show what they can do with us. The attitude problem stuff is something i don't really know about, but he seems like a decent bloke.

I would have loved for him to stay and for us to have a 3 of him, Costa and Drogba, but Fernando is in a contract that no one will buy out because of his high wage etc.

And to clarify what i said earlier. I purely meant that because he was bigger and stronger than the average at say the age of 16 enabled him to play at a level very few 16 year olds could. His stats are still impressive nonetheless.

Its actually ONE belgian. Talk about 'mostly' lol.

And that's supposed to be me?

Told you guys about 1.000.000 times that

1. I'm no Lukaku fan either and that I just think that he deserves more respect for his incredible EPL stats at such a ridiculous young age.

2. His mentality can't be that awful because of 1. As no player with a "stinking attitude" can reach EPL level.

So stop trying to turn this into some Belgian thing.

And that's supposed to be me?

Told you guys about 1.000.000 times that

1. I'm no Lukaku fan either and that I just think that he deserves more respect for his incredible EPL stats at such a ridiculous young age.

2. His mentality can't be that awful because of 1. As no player with a "stinking attitude" can reach EPL level.

So stop trying to turn this into some Belgian thing.

You can't ask for a Chelsea fan to give respect to a player who isn't his.

Okay some might will, but on average most people will not care because he isn't ours.

If Lukaku had stayed, I bet you everything would have been forgotten and people love the guy.

Look at how Fabregas was hated here by many. Now that he's with us we support him.

This is why I said it must be a Belgium thing defending him. But I guess I was wrong. It's just YOU!

To be honest, the most important player we convinced to come back from loan was Courtois, not Lukaku. Personally, I am absolutely delighted he's part of the squad and can't wait to see him in action.

Lukaku? Well, I think everyone knew where he was going as soon as he said his little 'performing for a new club' piece before the World Cup. He believed his own hype and performed waaaaay below average (putting it nicely) in probably the best footballing tournament in the world. Maybe it gave him a wake-up call? Who knows. Luckily for him someone still wanted him, though not the CL club he had in mind but a club more akin to his actual level and not the imaginary level he had in his head.

I'll say no more on him, because I seriously do not believe in giving so much debate to a player who contributed nothing towards the history of this club. I'll thank him for the fat fee we got for him though, that was nice.

Dude, you were wrong. Deal with it. :D

What a mature reply!!!

But what can one expect from the likes.

I said it before, if lukaku STILL thought that he should be first choice then he should be sold. I just dint think he would be idiotic enough to hope for a firat striker role with the likes of costa being bought.

Why are people so butthurt,great transfer for CFC, Everton and Lukaku.

I just don't think it's very fair to blame young players like Sturridge or Lukaku for not being happy about bench roles with managers who obviously don't rate them.

Jose had Torres ahead of him in the pecking order last season - that's pretty much like telling him to the face "I think you're shite".

Young players and specially strikers need great confidence to become great, that's why a manager needs to develop a great relationship with them and have his arm around their shoulder. Play them out of position that's alright but explain why you are doing it, bring them on as a substitute but make them feel like they are part of your plans and will have a larger role. This is something we have struggled with enormously - unless we buy a finished product or invest heavily most youth players never develop while here.

Why are people so butthurt,great transfer for CFC, Everton and Lukaku.

I just don't think it's very fair to blame young players like Sturridge or Lukaku for not being happy about bench roles with managers who obviously don't rate them.

Jose had Torres ahead of him in the pecking order last season - that's pretty much like telling him to the face "I think you're shite".

Young players and specially strikers need great confidence to become great, that's why a manager needs to develop a great relationship with them and have his arm around their shoulder. Play them out of position that's alright but explain why you are doing it, bring them on as a substitute but make them feel like they are part of your plans and will have a larger role. This is something we have struggled with enormously - unless we buy a finished product or invest heavily most youth players never develop while here.

how would you know that? he never played a game for us last season...

how would you know that? he never played a game for us last season...

Players who have watched Torres from the bench over an year like Sturridge; Lukaku are qualified to know his capabilities.

If I was in their place and any manager told me Torres is ahead of me in the pecking order - I'd ask why the manager is insulting me.

There is no excuse for Torres getting games in a Chelsea shirt he has been shite longer than he has been class.

That's based on a sample sizing of 4 games isn't it? :doh:

He got more minutes than Azpi in that time.

Lukaku got that. He quit after 4 matches, 3 of which he played in.

Serious question, are you retarded? Why would you come up with such a sophisticated conspiracy theory about Mourinho wanting to get rid of Lukaku, when EVERYTHING about Lukaku's behavior (e.g. his provocative goal celebrations at Everton) and comments to the press, show that Mourinho is telling the truth about his arrogant attitude?

In fact, very FEW people in this forum were surprised to hear his explanation about Lukaku's sale. Most of us had already figured it out beforehand. Just read through the old pages of this thread and you'll see.

Uncalled for. Do you need that opening to give your own confidence a boost?

It's absurd claiming I'm arguing conspiracy theories here in my posts. I'm arguing semantics used in the press and how such statements shouldn't be taken too literally but more with a balanced view.

As this is my field of work, and my company gives workshops to professional sportteams in the Benelux and big companies and how to make statements to the press while limiting ones risk, exposure and responsibilities, I hardly think I'm retarded in the subject.

Could you also point to me where I've stated that Mourinho wanted to get rid of Lukaku? I think I've already stated that I'm sure it was Lukaku who wanted to leave Chelsea.

I just read the news and i am pretty shocked by this transfer. I was one of his biggest supporters and always defended him but his attitude is fucking pathetic.

I admit that i was desperate for him to succeed here and finally become one of our legends, but after this i don't give a fuck about him anymore.

I hope he becomes the new Heskey.

Bottom line is, Everton are paying for potential, and a huge financial commitment (for them) on what they hope he will be, for perspective we payed only 4m more on one of the best forwards in Europe.

Now im guessing ill get the "well what about in 5 years when Costa is declining and Lukaku is in his prime" well i say not as straight forward as that, look at Bojan, back in 2008 he was the best teenager in world football, now how many 23 and under players would you list before Bojan in how good they are?

Lukaku being one of the best under 21 forwards right now won't automatically make him one off the best at 26, there's every chance players we currently don't know will overtake him and not look back.

Everton have payed for his potential, if it comes off fair enough, but if he does a Bojan (which is very possible) then this would be one off the heist's off the century.

Bottom line is, Everton are paying for potential, and a huge financial commitment (for them) on what they hope he will be, for perspective we payed only 4m more on one of the best forwards in Europe.

Now im guessing ill get the "well what about in 5 years when Costa is declining and Lukaku is in his prime" well i say not as straight forward as that, look at Bojan, back in 2008 he was the best teenager in world football, now how many 23 and under players would you list before Bojan in how good they are?

Lukaku being one of the best under 21 forwards right now won't automatically make him one off the best at 26, there's every chance players we currently don't know will overtake him and not look back.

Everton have payed for his potential, if it comes off fair enough, but if he does a Bojan (which is very possible) then this would be one off the heist's off the century.

If Lukaku was not such a phsyical beast I could see it but Bojan does not have superb strength or pace. Lukaku has a combination of pace and power. I am not sure if his technical ability will ever be that good but he has an advantage over the likes of Bojan due to his power. Sometimes when you have a combination of those two, you have a some what an advantge.