Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Wow....look at all those players he's going to be better than.

Haters are going to hate. I never indicated that at all. But his goals speak and shows that all players at their age have attributes to work on. But that stat is very impressive. But yeah everyone on that list has proved that the stats don't lie as the rest are all accomplished goalscorers. I reckon Lukaku will continue to score goals.

is he going to go on to become a multi-Champions League winning Ballon d'Or elsewhere?

name 5 players who fit that monstruous description??

insane expectations.

the guy is 21 for crying out loud. scored 32 goals in two EPL seasons. give the man some credit.

I'm especially amazed by how the Lukaku bashers keep saying how "his attitude stinks".

As if a 17-year old with a "bad attitude" can fight his way into Anderlecht's first team and become Belgium's topscorer.

As if an 18-year-old with a "bad attitude" van obtain a transfer to one of the world's greatest teams (Chelsea of course).

As if a 19-year-old with a bad attitude can become a regular starter in an EPL team (WBA) and score 17 (!) EPL goals in his first full season.

As if a 20-year-old with a bad attitude can become a regular starter for a top half EPL team (Everton) and score 15 EPL goals.

Who are you kidding?

Haters are going to hate. I never indicated that at all. But his goals speak and shows that all players at their age have attributes to work on. But that stat is very impressive. But yeah everyone on that list has proved that the stats don't lie as the rest are all accomplished goalscorers. I reckon Lukaku will continue to score goals.

I actually am a hater now. I hate his attitude and hope we don't ever have another player who expects to be number one in their position without having to fight for it.

I said all along it was to do with his attitude and Mourinho wouldn't accept someone like that, but you kept posting his stats (once again, a fantastic choice of username) and that's all your left with.

Stats.

I'm especially amazed by how the Lukaku bashers keep saying how "his attitude stinks".

Mourinho is a Lukaku basher apparently. :clap::yes:

"Romelu was always clear that in his mentality and his approach he was not highly motivated to come to a competitive situation at Chelsea. He wanted to play for Chelsea, but clearly only as first-choice striker - and at a club of our dimension it’s very difficult to promise a player that status. That reduced immediately his desire to come to us."

Did he score any of those 32 goals for us? No. Sturridge was blasted by many on here even though he did a lot more than Lukaku for the club... Why should Romelu get special treatment when he's done nothing at all for this club? Why does he need our sympathy?

I don't care who he scored the goals for. It's not about that. It's about constantly bashing, mocking, hating a player who's actually achieved incredible stuff at his age, or at anyone's age. You don't need to be a fan (I am neither, as I said), but the bashing just doesn't make sense.

It's the whole reason why he never felt at home here. He was mocked and booed from the beginning. All started with the huge mistake to let him make his debut for Chelsea at 18. Should've loaned him out straight away. Boy wasn't at all ready at the time. Lost all the credit with the fans then and never managed to win it back. Very little of that is his own mistake.

I acknowledge the fact that he has a big mouth, but he's a winner and he wants to play. It's called testoserone, it's called ambition, it's what good strikers are made of.

Lukaku a peak early player. His physical attributes were tremendous for his age, which allowed him the opportunity to start at a young age. However lets see how long his physical attributes can keep him relevant.

Yeah tbf he was probably about 6ft 2 or something rediculously huge at that age so could play in the lower leagues and just dominate.

Actually, TPTB loved Lukaku last season and made numerous arguments supporting him (kind of like his luke shaw stuff)..

Never mind that half of those we're scored in Belgium...

haha now you're even trying to fight how incredible his stats are...

the joke gets bigger and bigger.

32 goals in the Belgian top flight at age SIXTEEN and SEVENTEEN

to even try to talk that incredible achievement down is just ridiculous

Yes, haters are gonna hate. Sad.

Mourinho is a Lukaku basher apparently. :clap::yes:

"Romelu was always clear that in his mentality and his approach he was not highly motivated to come to a competitive situation at Chelsea. He wanted to play for Chelsea, but clearly only as first-choice striker - and at a club of our dimension it’s very difficult to promise a player that status. That reduced immediately his desire to come to us."

Just love it how The Word Of Mourinho is taken for The One And Only Truth... Amen and all that :-)

That's right, Mourinho is not known for any sort of manipulation, twisting of words, provoking ... is he?

You're worshiping a dangerous man.

I actually am a hater now. I hate his attitude and hope we don't ever have another player who expects to be number one in their position without having to fight for it.

I said all along it was to do with his attitude and Mourinho wouldn't accept someone like that, but you kept posting his stats (once again, a fantastic choice of username) and that's all your left with.

Stats.

Well, like I was saying before I can understand why people are angry at him for his attitude. I am not going to dispute that, however if he feels he is happy to play first team football without much competition at an inferior but good team, then that his decision and he seems happy about it. But that has nothing to do with what I posted.

Lukaku could have shown a competitive attitude for sure but realistically at this club with the signing of Costa and his price tag, he never is going to be a regular no.1. And tbh he is an excellent signing for Everton and playing first team football there every week in his opinion is more beneficial for him than having to wait to prove himself at a better club.

I posted his goalscoring statistics and just indicated that no player is complete at his age. Don't know why you feel the need to keep point-scoring. You hate him, I agree that he could have shown a more competitive attitude but I still wish the best for him and hope he does well in his pastures new :wave:

Actually, TPTB loved Lukaku last season and made numerous arguments supporting him (kind of like his luke shaw stuff)..

I know he did. And that is what annoys me. Not the fact that he hates him because of his attitude. I am not going to hold that against supporters but what I don't like is the same way he was supporting him before, he has let his personal hatred get in the way and try to dismiss his qualities. Sometimes you got to let hatred go and accept something for it's face value. He has an excellent goalscoring stat for his age but he dismisses it because he does not like the player no more.

In reality its the best case scenario for both parties.

Chelsea gets money and Everton gets a player that their manager wants and will put in good positions to succeed. Had he stayed at Chelsea, I really don't think he would of succeeded.

Just love it how The Word Of Mourinho is taken for The One And Only Truth... Amen and all that :-)

That's right, Mourinho is not known for any sort of manipulation, twisting of words, provoking ... is he?

You're worshiping a dangerous man.

What Mourinho is known for is demanding a high level of commitment from his players.

What Lukaku is known for is saying he needs Champions League football this season....and going to Everton. :D:D Oh and putting in transfer requests when he faces competition.

In reality its the best case scenario for both parties.

Chelsea gets money and Everton gets a player that their manager wants and will put in good positions to succeed. Had he stayed at Chelsea, I really don't think he would of succeeded.

Agree with you, good deal for both parties, end of story

What Mourinho is known for is demanding a high level of commitment from his players.

What Lukaku is known for is saying he needs Champions League football this season....and going to Everton. :D:D Oh and putting in transfer requests when he faces competition.

ohk.

17th july : jose says "we are done with the transfer window... blah blah blah"

2 weeks down the road, we have bought DD, sold lukaku, ba, pva and loaned out ryan. to be followed with some massive transfers like cech/torres leaving and mikel leaving and probably even a big signing.

u cant damn lukaku for saying one thing and doing another while defending jose for the same thing.