Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

When exactly did we extensively play Torres ahead of Lukaku? When are you referring to? Last season or the season before?

Pogba was unjustifiably not given a chance, Lukaku ran away before it even got to that stage because he was scared.

SAF told Pogba to wait for chance, but he was cocky and wanted more and decided to leave.

Yeah, Im refering to season before the last. Since we bought Lukaku in 2011, Chelsea was quite a wreck, ready for new start (apart from CL win) and Lukaku could get a fair chance, not 4 games but actual longer run of games (same with Sturridge), but we couldnt take ''risk''. We didnt have enough believe in young players simply. He was realy young back then, but Torres was shit too and we ended in fifth place in 2012, even if we didnt play Lukaku. Would be difference if we played Lukaku? Maybe we would finish 5/6 too, but at least he would have season full of games and future might be different. Many ifs and coulds, but simply there is such small trust given in youth.

Arsenal fans said they never got him because Jose hates them :0)

Who doesn't like them? And their manager is full of himself and they think they are better than us lol. I personally think we do have a good team already but we could do with someone to replace Torres to be honest. Paid 50m and how many goals does he get? erm haha.

I'm not talking about us, I'm talking about managers - especially if when that happens Mourinho is still around here.

Who wants a player who runs away from the fight? Who wants things given to him in a plate? How can you count on a player like that?

Didn't we accept Cole and now Fàbregas? Or at least most of us did, of course people will forget things quickly and won't hold grudges, but fans aren't the ones making deals, I meant the TPTB people. They might not want him here ever again. He stepped out of us not like any other guy has done in the last few years, he stepped out running from the fight. It's such a weak demonstration of character...

You said you wouldnt take him back. Im sure you would if he turned Drogba esque. IF.

Mou will probably not buy him back, true that, but in 5 years time Mou, he might be, he might be not in Chelsea.

Also Lukaku could aswell just want a fair chance, no prefrences between him and Costa, who is better is better and plays. Even if Lukaku would score few goals, you think Mou would play him ahead of his own 35m buy Costa? No.

Mou will offcourse say something like Lukaku wanted to be starter to justify sale and calm fans etc. Dont understand how can people still believe in all he says.

Lukaku might be bit ''coward'' but he is smart enough to see that this season with Mou, Costa and Chelsea history isnt going to change much and he will only be bit part at best. He is now in Everton guaranteed starter and will improve week in week out. He is 19 y.o. and how many 19y.o. players suceeded here in last 10 years? And how many potentials have been ruined? Exactly. He is better of to Everton and we now need to spend that money on new backup. Period. A quality second striker or not could decide our PL title this season.

you forgot Matic, Salah and Zouma who were bought in the same window Mata and Kevin were sold.

oh shit. i apologize, i have these occasional brainfarts that even i (with the majestic mind i possess) can't explain.

stiiphunn (Trusted Member) on Yesterday, 3:44 pm

That's their way of circumventing the FFP. They bought a lot players before the entry into force of the FFP, and now they sell most of them to generate additional revenues. They're such a ******* joke - ever since 2003, they've been 'cheating' their way to trophies.

Why is that guy so angry? :lol:

I love when fans try and take the moral high ground, so he claims Chelsea have cheated and bought success? lets be honest if the shoe was on the other foot they wouldn't complain at all, in fact i remember a few years ago many of the Arsenal 'faithful' wanted Alisher Usmanov to be their sole owner, the reason? because he's a billionaire.

With precedent on his side I can understand Romelu's fear of not getting any game time. People are calling him a coward and that if he had self belief last season he would have been given his opportunities. Maybe with Mourinho this would have been true but has everyone forgotten the situation with Sturridge?

Sturridge was so obviously better than Torres and he never ever got a realistic chance. With this in Lukaku's mind and having already suffered from a year on the bench at Chelsea its understandable that he wants to demand minutes. Throw in Mourinho last season had new strikers in Eto'o and this season Drogba i think its very reasonable that Lukaku decided for himself he needed to go.

Like I stated earlier. Lying is taking it too far, it'd call it embellishing the facts.

I've got no doubt that Lukaku demanded a significant role this season and plenty of minutes.

But the tone and context changes when it becomes guaranteed starting spot no?

Most would agree with Lukaku after his accomplishments on loan when stated like that, that he deserves to have a decent go at it.

Everyone bar the diehard Lukaku fanboys would find him claiming a guaranteed starting spot unacceptable.

Just to make sure, again, I'm not one of that 2nd category. I'm actually of the opinion that Lukaku will ever be good enough to lead the line at a club like Chelsea. Besides his finishing he just isn't strong enough to bring midfielders into play.

All I'm trying, and seemingly failing, to do is placing certain statements of Mourinho in context and providing arguments why. And ofcourse stating my absolute wondering why so many on here are slating a player which just generated a ton of profit for the club. At least Lukaku just brought in 28million and didn't walk out on a free after cashing in his checks.

You actually do seem to make some solid arguments. I don't think people are slating him as a player because he does have some quality and a decent amount of potential. It's his attitude that stinks.

You weren't around earlier when people were spouting abuse at anyone who suggested it was Lukaku that wanted to leave and not fight for his place. And saying that noone had any facts to support that statement. Well now we do, and I apologise but I thought you were one of them. Got a bit carried away, sorry.

I wouldn't have minded him staying here as a 2nd choice striker, but he obviously didn't want that for whatever reason.

Also, his press conference after signing today didn't help. And his other press conferences actually where he claimed he was the complete striker and shit to that effect. He just came across as an arrogant douche and Mourinho's recent comments seem to back that up.

Maybe we're wrong, but if we are then I would imagine Lukaku will refute Mou's comments in a future PC. He is pretty outspoken after all. And even then we won't know who to believe.

You said you wouldnt take him back. Im sure you would if he turned Drogba esque. IF.

Mou will probably not buy him back, true that, but in 5 years time Mou, he might be, he might be not in Chelsea.

Also Lukaku could aswell just want a fair chance, no prefrences between him and Costa, who is better is better and plays. Even if Lukaku would score few goals, you think Mou would play him ahead of his own 35m buy Costa? No.

Mou will offcourse say something like Lukaku wanted to be starter to justify sale and calm fans etc. Dont understand how can people still believe in all he says.

Lukaku might be bit ''coward'' but he is smart enough to see that this season with Mou, Costa and Chelsea history isnt going to change much and he will only be bit part at best. He is now in Everton guaranteed starter and will improve week in week out. He is 19 y.o. and how many 19y.o. players suceeded here in last 10 years? And how many potentials have been ruined? Exactly. He is better of to Everton and we now need to spend that money on new backup. Period. A quality second striker or not could decide our PL title this season.

I have a problem with men.... when they don't man up I don't rate them... for anything.

It's the same approach whether they play for my team, work with me, are my friends or lovers.

If you were born male, than behave as such. I don't take well those people.

I'd accept him back because I'm here to support Chelsea above all. But that's it. I'd accept because the moment he wears the royal Blue everything must be overlooked. But I'd hate if that happened. I don't want that to happen and I hope it doesn't happen.

Rarely people with his profile go too further. Entitled people that want things in a plate and don't work hard for them to happen to them are their biggest enemy and certain downfall so chances of him scoring like a crazy in a top club aren't that big imo

His comment about wanting Everton to finish above us is disrespectful to the fans and manager. I've never heard a player on loan at any club say something like that before.

I don't want to go back and forward with this Lukaku thing. It is a shame he was not willing to stay and fight for his place but looks like Chelsea are happy with the deal and so is Lukaku. But if you are going to talk about disrespect to the fans and manager that is one of the worst jibes to use against him. How the hell is that disrespectful to the fans or manager? He was loaned out to them so obviously while he was a Chelsea player, he was representing Everton. I would not of expect him to say anything else. He said he hopes his goals will help them finish above us. What else is he going to say? If that is a reason for fans to slate him I find that utterly ridiculous.

When Courtois played against us if he said that he wants to beat Chelsea and ensure he knocks us out is that a problem? No, because he is playing for Atletico so that would be his aim. Lukaku was playing for Everton and he plays with the intention of winning the game like every other footballer so thus he wanted them to finish above us.

Maybe it did not need to be said but is that really something to have a dig at him for? No. Not disrespectful by any means. Courtois played to knock us out the UCL but when he returns his role is to win it with us.

All I have to say on this matter. Annoyed about it. Looks like he wanted the move and we granted it. We move on. I wish him good luck with his chapter as even though he has annoyed many people, he never spoke about the club in a derogatory way and praised Mourinho and us a numerous amount of times.

yeah, that's what i thought would happen, but lukaku is a dumbfuck.

17m (KdB) + 37m (Juan Mata :( ) + 50m (Luiz) + 28m (Lukaku) = 134m

15m (Luis) + 32m (Costa) + 27m (Fabregas) + 3m (Pasalic) = 77m

50m left. we've essentially traded Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne, Luiz, and Lukaku for Costa, Fabregas, Luis and Pasalic +50m. Fantastic by the club.

In other words, if we don't consider Matic, Salah and Zouma, all these awesome pieces of business could only finally recover what we payed for Torres in fee. It just goes to show how terrible of a buying he was.

In other words, if we don't consider Matic, Salah and Zouma, all these awesome pieces of business could only finally recover what we payed for Torres in fee. It just goes to show how terrible of a buying he was.

Not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but I posted this while replying to Barbara about that

oh shit. i apologize, i have these occasional brainfarts that even i (with the majestic mind i possess) can't explain.

Edited by Myself

bamford has more potential than lukaku anyway. drogba will teach bamford, and bamford will be world class :ph34r:

Bamford is decent but like seriously some of you are overrating him way too much without seeing him play in the PL. If I disagree with something I will challenge them on it. I agree with some comments on Lukaku where he is criticised before people consider me as someone who keeps defending him. But Bamford is 4 months younger, so in other words the same age and has only had a quarter of the season in the Championship with the majority being in League 1 while Lukaku has played the last 2 seasons in the PL and scored. Bamford is better technically than Lukaku but imo that is it. How does he have more potential? Don't know how people reach conclusions like this when we have never seen him play a competitive game for us or in the PL. Right now Lukaku is in a different league to him.

The same way people say no CL teams bid for Lukaku, Bamford was sometimes benched for Derby. He did well there but he was not always a guaranteed starter. Lukaku would walk into every team in the Championship. Fact. But what I feel helps Lukaku in the future over Bamford is that he has got the pace and power required for the PL which is often a bonus. Bamford has shown potential in lower leagues but the PL is a big step up. Time will tell. Will be good to see him make it here but still got my doubts.

He's already confirmed he's leaving by retweeting Collymore's tweet. It's just classless.

Once again he should've just kept quiet.

I don't want to get into a full blown debate with you again because he is a player of the past. We have had our agreements and disagreements but if you are using this tweet against him, I think it is way over-exagerrated. He knew he was joining Everton so who cares? Is Hazard 'classless' for stating he would be joing the CL winner (us) while under contract with Lille? Guess not. He was in talks with us and Lukaku was in agreement with Everton so they are both the same situations. That is just an excuse to be bitter towards him. As with the reference to Collymore, he is a wife beater and I hate wife beaters but using that as a reference to show why Lukaku is 'classless' is ridiculous.

Terry is a home-wrecker and I don't respect that off the field part but if a young aspiring defender retweets what he says is that a crime or classless because he cheated with his own team mate's gf? No because people and I respect what Terry does on the pitch. Lukaku knows of Collymore in the football world and retweeted it. Simple as that. You are blowing it way out of proportion.

Lukaku was as good as a Everton player when he retweeted it. Just had not been confirmed. I won't criticise him over that when other players have done similar things before including our own players, like Hazard.

That is the final bone I wanted to pick with you regarding Lukaku.

Not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but I posted this while replying to Barbara about that

I wasn't. I'm saying that no matter how awesome that may look if we discard the costs of those 3 players, it still only pays for Torres fee, which helps putting in perspective how bad of a business the blondie turned out to be.

I wasn't. I'm saying that no matter how awesome that may look if we discard the costs of those 3 players, it still only pays for Torres fee, which helps putting in perspective how bad of a business the blondie turned out to be.

We'd be lucky to get 5m for him now.

Just let him go on a free. Please.

With precedent on his side I can understand Romelu's fear of not getting any game time. People are calling him a coward and that if he had self belief last season he would have been given his opportunities. Maybe with Mourinho this would have been true but has everyone forgotten the situation with Sturridge?

Sturridge was so obviously better than Torres and he never ever got a realistic chance. With this in Lukaku's mind and having already suffered from a year on the bench at Chelsea its understandable that he wants to demand minutes. Throw in Mourinho last season had new strikers in Eto'o and this season Drogba i think its very reasonable that Lukaku decided for himself he needed to go.

Spon on,

Sturridge couldn't get a game up top ahead of Torres because Torres is Roman's favorite player. Sturridge is technically and in terms of technique, vision and passing better than Lukaku he could unlock a packed defense a thing a lot of people doubt Lukaku would do on a regular basis(although I think he could turn into a major aerial threat).

People actually expect Lukaku to get many games if he sticks around - we have Costa who is a Jose signing and is miles better than Torres.