Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Even if he did say something more akin to 'I'm not willing to fight for the 2nd spot of the team because of Drogba and Torres', I will say the same thing - good riddance. If he can't back himself to fight for his spot in the team then again I say - good riddance indeed.

He doesn't deserve or need sympathy, because he hasn't done anything for CFC and because he clearly has his own plans and ambitions to follow.

There's a difference between don't deserving or needing sympathy of Chelsea fans and people on here branding him a coward for not fighting for his place and claiming he's a deluded tool for asking minutes.

Which was exactly the point I was trying to make.

Chelsea have got a nice profit on him, Lukaku has what he wants so I'm baffled and frustrated by why people on here feel the need to now start throwing mud to him.

And we're still talking about the livelihood of a player. Since your Dutch you should know about Guidetti? What has happened to him since he went back to City to fight for his place after his brilliant year on loan at Feyenoord?

I don't think Lukaku should be subject on that kind of abuse on here for choosing the starting spot at a stable subtop-team and a genuine future in English football.

Besides, are you sure you'd want Lukaku to respond to Mourinho's comments. Those comments played out in the media have the nasty habbit of evolving in nasty backstabbing of eachother.

There's a difference between don't deserving or needing sympathy of Chelsea fans and people on here branding him a coward for not fighting for his place and claiming he's a deluded tool for asking minutes.

Which was exactly the point I was trying to make.

Chelsea have got a nice profit on him, Lukaku has what he wants so I'm baffled and frustrated by why people on here feel the need to now start throwing mud to him.

And we're still talking about the livelihood of a player. Since your Dutch you should know about Guidetti? What has happened to him since he went back to City to fight for his place after his brilliant year on loan at Feyenoord?

I don't think Lukaku should be subject on that kind of abuse on here for choosing the starting spot at a stable subtop-team and a genuine future in English football.

You cannot compare John's situation to Romelu's at all, please! John was going back to a team that already had 4 very, very good strikers, all strikers who were much better than him in Jovetic, Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo. Of course he isn't going to get any realistic game time there. Romelu's situation is A LOT different, because realistically speaking he should be backing himself to get minutes over Torres and Drogba. Plus John wasn't opening his mouth and angling for a move out of the club as soon as he left City to go out on loan. It really isn't comparable at all. John didn't go to City and tell the boss, "look, I will only stay if you make me undisputed 1st choice or give me significant minutes" - do you know how deluded that is? At a top club like CFC too? It's never going to happen. I can't believe you're genuinely trying to defend Lukaku's decision here. Sure, a club like Everton is a great place for him to grow but that was never the problem. The problem is that he practically demanded a top role in the team without earning it. Why should I be sympathetic with him about that? Why should my club bend over for someone that has done nothing for us?

Besides, are you sure you'd want Lukaku to respond to Mourinho's comments. Those comments played out in the media have the nasty habbit of evolving in nasty backstabbing of eachother.

I don't, but my point is Mourinho wouldn't go out and say something like that if there wasn't any truth behind it. If it was false, Romelu will come out himself and say that Mourinho is bullshitting and give us the real reason why he left but I can't see that happening, you know why? Because what Mourinho said is definitely true. He makes sure that what he said is very clear as well:

First of all, Romelu was always very clear in his mentality. He wanted to play for Chelsea but he wanted to be clearly the first-choice striker which, in a club of our dimension, is very difficult to promise to a player.'

There is no ambiguity in what he said at all. It's sad that people are now basically saying Jose is lying in order to defend Romelu's decision to move. He doesn't need to be defended, his reasons are very clear.

yeah, that's what i thought would happen, but lukaku is a dumbfuck.

17m (KdB) + 37m (Juan Mata :( ) + 50m (Luiz) + 28m (Lukaku) = 134m

15m (Luis) + 32m (Costa) + 27m (Fabregas) + 3m (Pasalic) = 77m

50m left. we've essentially traded Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne, Luiz, and Lukaku for Costa, Fabregas, Luis and Pasalic +50m. Fantastic by the club.

you forgot Matic, Salah and Zouma who were bought in the same window Mata and Kevin were sold.

Arsenal fans said they never got him because Jose hates them :0)

The Jury (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 3:43 pm

I agree, Yousif. If a club can't be bothered to develop a player as young as Lukaku, who cost them £17m, has already proven himself in the premiership and only looks like becoming a beast, then I think that sets the benchmark for young players thinking of joining them. They're just not interested in youth. Absolute shithouse of a club and a manager.

Toast (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 3:40 pm

They'll probably make a profit on him though.. that annoys me. Chelsea ruin lots of careers and actually make a profit of it. -.-"

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 3:38 pm

Why Chelsea were even bothered to spent 17M on Lukaku he didn't even played 1 game for them. And that clear sign the young chelsea players won't be giving a chance and will get sold. What a joke of club.

stiiphunn (Trusted Member) on Yesterday, 3:44 pm

That's their way of circumventing the FFP. They bought a lot players before the entry into force of the FFP, and now they sell most of them to generate additional revenues. They're such a ******* joke - ever since 2003, they've been 'cheating' their way to trophies.

GDeep (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 7:31 pm

Only 23M for Lukaku. Great deal for Everton.

That price, you snap him up for Arsenal, Chelsea would never have sold that cheap to us though.

Mudi (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 8:58 pm

We bought Sanchez for £30m, Chelsea bought Costa for £32m and this joke goes for £28m icon_eek.gif
Fùck me

On Lukaku, if he wanted to be first choice, then he needs to wake the fuck up. He looked humble but ever since his loan to everton, he changed. On other note, he is quality young striker say whatever, and he will become one of best PL strikers in next few years. Maybe we can sign back then, for triple the price and looking like fools.

sorry if I don't want a player that keeps asking to leave when things get thick (even not that thick actually), that doesn't want to fight for his position to ever come back here. He can score a thousand goals. He doesn't have the profile. Despite our curse the last few years, there are a lot of players in the world that score goals. We won't ever sign him back.

sorry if I don't want a player that keeps asking to leave when things get thick (even not that thick actually), that doesn't want to fight for his position to ever come back here. He can score a thousand goals. He doesn't have the profile. Despite our curse the last few years, there are a lot of players in the world that score goals. We won't ever sign him back.

Lol. If he becomes the next best striker of PL, everyone will take him in second and forget the history. People's opinions on players on this forum change every week if you havent noticed. One day he is best potential, next day after one poor game, he should be sold etc... Im sure in 2-5 years should Lukaku reach Drogba level, me, you and everyone else will want him here.

Kid is ambitious, maybe too much, but it could work for him like Pogba, tell me about ManU fan who doesnt want Pogba despite he didnt want to fight for team.

Lol. If he becomes the next best striker of PL, everyone will take him in second and forget the history. People's opinions on players on this forum change every week if you havent noticed. One day he is best potential, next day after one poor game, he should be sold etc... Im sure in 2-5 years should Lukaku reach Drogba level, me, you and everyone else will want him here.

Kid is ambitious, maybe too much, but it could work for him like Pogba, tell me about ManU fan who doesnt want Pogba despite he didnt want to fight for team.

At least Pogba stayed until the end of his contract, and wasn't demanding that he needs to be the number 1 option in the CM. All Pogba wanted was a few games that'd allow him to prove his worth. Instead SAF played players like Cleverley and Rafael over him in midfield. Of course he had to leave.

Aren't you a bit naive to completely believe Mourinho's statements?

Mourinho is under pressure to justify the transfer of a homegrown player that has clearly shown potential to get a shot at Chelsea. Mourinho clearly had doubts about Lukaku's abilities.

However, if he stated that clearly in public and Lukaku proved him wrong in the near future. This would come back to bite him and would be a stick for the press to beat him with.

By stating that Lukaku demanded a starting spot and that he can't promise that he gave Chelsea fans a reason for the transfer and covers himself for the future. It's a tactic you see times and times again with managers.

The more plausible truth isn't that Lukaku demanded the nr1 spot as stated by Mourinho, but a significant role in the coming season and plenty of minutes and Mourinho answering he would have to compete with Drogba and Torres for that as Costa would be his main striker. A doubtful future for Lukaku who would have remembered his first season here in the stands while reminding himself of the great season he had at Everton.

Holy shit. When I suggested people would just blindly scream that Jose is lying I was kind of joking... I may have given some people too much credit...

At least Pogba stayed until the end of his contract, and wasn't demanding that he needs to be the number 1 option in the CM. All Pogba wanted was a few games that'd allow him to prove his worth. Instead SAF played players like Cleverley and Rafael over him in midfield. Of course he had to leave.

And we played Torres ahead of Lukaku. Im sure we could force Lukaku to stay here, maybe even loan again, but we would then get no money because he wouldnt extend contract. And Lukaku is still more proven player ATM then Pogba was at ManU.

And we played Torres ahead of Lukaku. Im sure we could force Lukaku to stay here, maybe even loan again, but we would then get no money because he wouldnt extend contract. And Lukaku is still more proven player ATM then Pogba was at ManU.

When exactly did we extensively play Torres ahead of Lukaku? When are you referring to? Last season or the season before?

Pogba was unjustifiably not given a chance, Lukaku ran away before it even got to that stage because he was scared.

I'm not talking about us, I'm talking about managers - especially if when that happens Mourinho is still around here.

Who wants a player who runs away from the fight? Who wants things given to him in a plate? How can you count on a player like that?

Didn't we accept Cole and now Fàbregas? Or at least most of us did, of course people will forget things quickly and won't hold grudges, but fans aren't the ones making deals, I meant the TPTB people. They might not want him here ever again. He stepped out of us not like any other guy has done in the last few years, he stepped out running from the fight. It's such a weak demonstration of character...

Holy shit. When I suggested people would just blindly scream that Jose is lying I was kind of joking... I may have given some people too much credit...

Like I stated earlier. Lying is taking it too far, it'd call it embellishing the facts.

I've got no doubt that Lukaku demanded a significant role this season and plenty of minutes.

But the tone and context changes when it becomes guaranteed starting spot no?

Most would agree with Lukaku after his accomplishments on loan when stated like that, that he deserves to have a decent go at it.

Everyone bar the diehard Lukaku fanboys would find him claiming a guaranteed starting spot unacceptable.

Just to make sure, again, I'm not one of that 2nd category. I'm actually of the opinion that Lukaku will ever be good enough to lead the line at a club like Chelsea. Besides his finishing he just isn't strong enough to bring midfielders into play.

All I'm trying, and seemingly failing, to do is placing certain statements of Mourinho in context and providing arguments why. And ofcourse stating my absolute wondering why so many on here are slating a player which just generated a ton of profit for the club. At least Lukaku just brought in 28million and didn't walk out on a free after cashing in his checks.

You cannot compare John's situation to Romelu's at all, please! John was going back to a team that already had 4 very, very good strikers, all strikers who were much better than him in Jovetic, Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo. Of course he isn't going to get any realistic game time there. Romelu's situation is A LOT different, because realistically speaking he should be backing himself to get minutes over Torres and Drogba. Plus John wasn't opening his mouth and angling for a move out of the club as soon as he left City to go out on loan. It really isn't comparable at all. John didn't go to City and tell the boss, "look, I will only stay if you make me undisputed 1st choice or give me significant minutes" - do you know how deluded that is? At a top club like CFC too? It's never going to happen. I can't believe you're genuinely trying to defend Lukaku's decision here. Sure, a club like Everton is a great place for him to grow but that was never the problem. The problem is that he practically demanded a top role in the team without earning it. Why should I be sympathetic with him about that? Why should my club bend over for someone that has done nothing for us?

I don't, but my point is Mourinho wouldn't go out and say something like that if there wasn't any truth behind it. If it was false, Romelu will come out himself and say that Mourinho is bullshitting and give us the real reason why he left but I can't see that happening, you know why? Because what Mourinho said is definitely true. He makes sure that what he said is very clear as well:

There is no ambiguity in what he said at all. It's sad that people are now basically saying Jose is lying in order to defend Romelu's decision to move. He doesn't need to be defended, his reasons are very clear.

When Guidetti returned to City, Negredo and Jovetic hadn't joined yet. They had Balotelli and Tevez who by that time had become fringe players and where on their way out. I'm not comparing Lukaku's situation with Guidetti tho. Just used that example for illustrating what can happen to promising young players at a club of that magnitude instead of keeping yourself on the pitch and earning marketingdeals and boosting your profile for future contracts.

Lukaku may respond to Mourinho's comments in the near future aswell. If he states that he didn't demand the starting spot but a genuine chance to have a significant amount of minutes on the pitch, would that make a difference? Or would he simply be called a liar on here because Mourinho stated otherwise?

Like I posted before. People should take a more balanced view on the comments of managers. They make promises to fringe players for gametime to keep their squad well stocked. After a while those fringe players become disillusioned and are replenished by some new young hopefulls hoping to have a nice stable career at a topclub. Most will stay fringe players and will be replaced again. And so the cycle goes.

Of course the excuse is "I want to be first choice" but the truth is he's a coward. The thing that hurts me the most about Lukaku is his lack of care for the fans of the club. Despite all the attention and love we have given to him. And all the mental energy. We have 447 pages on this forum alone about a player who only played 10 games for us. It's the same on other Chelsea related sites as well. The rival fans say we lack class but I'm on twitter and most of the comments I see are respectful and thankful for his little/non-existent contribution. It's an admirable quality but one I feel Lukaku doesn't deserve. He's no Juan Mata. Fans of clubs like Liverpool and especially Arsenal would have ripped him to shreds.

Another thing that I noticed about Romelu is just how self-centered he is. Now, I understand that every man has to look out for himself and his family, even Mata left us the following transfer window when he realized he wasn't in the manager's plans but no one can accuse him of being selfish or self centered. He was here for two years and genuinely liked the club and fans. Mata was a team man first and foremost and will always have the respect of the fans and everybody associated with the football club.

Basically, almost every phrase that comes out of Lukaku's mouth is "I" and "me" , never anything about the club he represents or about the fans. I've never known a Chelsea player like that before and we've had some mercenaries in my time following the club. And to rub salt into our wounds, there's the pretentious rubbish about his "love for the club". He claims he's a fan but was has he ever done to show that? I read his tweets from time to time but unlike many of our other players, I just can't register with him on any sort of level. He cares more about the clubs we loaned him out to, West Brom and now Everton. That's okay, but don't play with us by saying you're a "fan". Joe Cole, that's a fan not Romelu. Romelu is just a mercenary.