Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Just seen this point on from @sidcelery We got Costa and Drogba for Lukaku and Ba. Two players who'll knock walls down for us.

Honestly that is such a good point. Mourinho wants players who will do everything for the team and he's got that in Costa and Drogba.

That's not really an apt compasion...we got Costa and Drogba for Eto'o and Ba would be more like it.

Better off yes, but that you can't make comparisons to how it would have been with Lukaku...I think this sale was more of a case of Chelsea trying to balance its books

Mourinho explains the reason for selling Lukaku

“The thinking behind the move was the fact that Romelu was always very clear with us, in his mentality, in his approach, he was not highly motivated to come to a competitive situation at Chelsea,” said Mourinho.

“He wanted to play for Chelsea but he wanted to be clearly the first choice striker, which in a club of our dimension, it is very difficult to promise to a player. That reduced immediately his desire to come to us.”

How could anyone support him after this is beyond me.

Chelsea is like a shark on the market. Killing it. My girl Marina is on fire. Fucking love her.

And I guess these interviews from him and Jose after the move sums it up - wanted to lead the line w/o putting up a fight. Funny and ridiculous at the same time. Good riddance.

Good sale!

28m is about the right price for him and Everton is the right place for him. the dude was a lil bit deluded! and arrogant and had a big mouth! the talk of being A DROGBA obviously made him delusional! he was not the next Drogba not in a million years. talking about in an interview he is experienced enough to play the 1st striker in big club really says the dimension of the delusion!!!

And with this sale i expect another striker.

Drogba will get the Ba-role of last year at games like PSG, he's perfect for that role with his attributes, age (won't complain) and experience. The real problem is our 2nd striker: Torres. We must get rid of him and get a great 2nd striker who wants to be a back-up, Bony/Remy would be perfect.

Costa, Bony/Remy, Drogba sounds good imo.

Remy just failed a medical at Liverpool why would we sign him?? Besides why sell Ba if we are going to buy Remy or Bony. Both not an upgrade on Ba

He wanted to be our number 1 striker without working for it, he wanted it handed on a plate even though he's done nothing at CFC, how can you even try to justify that?

I dont justify that .. BUT I think the abuse a young ambitious boy has got on here is completely disgraceful .

Shame, wanted to see him return for this season. He's never going to be referred to as 'world class' but he will score goals. His comments have left a bit of a bitter taste though, and Jose's quotes on the situation makes me realise that we are probably better off without him. Ambitious yes, but has shown nothing in a Chelsea shirt to expect to be undisputed no.1. Good luck Romelu.