Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Don't worry, Mourinho will bring in a new striker for sure. I'm betting on Ronaldo (the old one), fits the Mourinho striker profile perfectly in terms of age and fitness!

yeah just like costa, right? lol

why do people feel the need to troll when things don't go their way? grow up

Can't believe we didn't manage to negotiate at least 35m. Young striker, homegrown, proven goalscorer, loads of potential... even Roma sold that midget CB to PSG for over 30m last year, ffs.

We would've if he wasn't angling for a move away from CFC from pretty much the start of last season.

There are quality tiers in regards to attackers, how far they will get career wise. You compare Adebayor & Drogba's career and there is a stark contrast, for example. Some players, whether it's attitude or ability, you just know what tier they will slot in. Like Adebayor, he doesn't slot into a top club, Everton is about Lukaku's level and the ceciling isn't that high.

That shouldn't matter that much. His contract was still running for 2 more years.

It does matter a lot... The price for an unsettled/unwanted player reduces by quite some bit. If Lukaku had been an important player here at CFC just like Marquinhos was for Roma, he definitely would've gone for a lot more.

No need to be so bitter about him leaving.

Hardly bitter, you can sense people's disappointment in their posts. It's not hard to take a shine to and identify with a teenager who had Drogba and Anelka posters on his walls, who then ends up with his dream move and cries when he gets to sit on the bench for the first time. Then when the guy leaves a few years later without a word of thanks to the club he 'loves' or to its fellow fans, it shows he never outgrew his teenage years.

hate it when good players forced to leave just because they 'said something' that Mou doesn't like. Ridiculous. That's why he was booted from Real, no one liked him anymore for his ridiculous ego and beliefs.

oy vey! why must such fools represent chelsea :rolleyes:

64096.jpg

7 assists at WBA. 8 at Everton. His link up play is underrated and so is his hold up play. It is not world class but certainly not poor. He can work on it. Those assists are there for a reason. He is not just a simple poacher as people try and make out.

Not often in my life have I seen that amount of arrogance and pedantry in one post.

I'm sad to say that Stats has outsmarted you in each and every reply, give it up.

is he your second account? i've never seen someone ride another user's dick like this lol

Hardly bitter, you can sense people's disappointment in their posts. It's not hard to take a shine to and identify with a teenager who had Drogba and Anelka posters on his walls, who then ends up with his dream move and cries when he gets to sit on the bench for the first time. Then when the guy leaves a few years later without a word of thanks to the club he 'loves' or to its fellow fans, it shows he never outgrew his teenage years.

can't question his appreciation yet as we still await his interview as an Everton player. Yes he did support Chelsea but the guy wants to concentrate on his career and only he knows what is best for him. We all would have loved him here as second choice striker but it seems that the Lukaku wants to be first choice and so be it.

It is his life and it's totally up to him to decide where he wants to play. If I was working at my dream company say Google but did not have a big role and had the chance to work at a different company say Yahoo( where I hadworked for a year and felt valued) and on top of that got a bigger role then I would definitely switch jobs.

May not be the perfect but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Can't believe we didn't manage to negotiate at least 35m. Young striker, homegrown, proven goalscorer, loads of potential... even Roma sold that midget CB to PSG for over 30m last year, ffs.

If he didn't have only two years left on his contract I'm pretty sure we would have got a bit more. And PSG are stupid like that.

can't question his appreciation yet as we still await his interview as an Everton player. Yes he did support Chelsea but the guy wants to concentrate on his career and only he knows what is best for him. We all would have loved him here as second choice striker but it seems that the Lukaku wants to be first choice and so be it.

It is his life and it's totally up to him to decide where he wants to play. If I was working at my dream company say Google but did not have a big role and had the chance to work at a different company say Yahoo( where I hadworked for a year and felt valued) and on top of that got a bigger role then I would definitely switch jobs.

May not be the perfect but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

I get all that mate, just a lot of mixed emotions with Lukaku : hope, disappointment, frustration ... you get the picture.

There's almost as many pages in this thread than the total minutes he's played for this club. He doesn't deserve the wear the Chelsea shirt if he's not willing to earn his spot. Let him stay comfortable and complacent at a club like Everton.