Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Its not really his demand for a loan last year that pushed him away from the club, but his endless talking in the media was imo.

It was the same with the fans, even in this thread most people were not talking bad about him when he just left to Everton or when Mourinho said that he asked for loan.

The troubles started when he talked to much with the media.

Anyway this is a great deal for us, only time will tell if its a good one for Everton wich i highly doubt

Again, people think its Lukaku v Chels, or Lukaku v Mourinho, but are forgetting the most important catalyst in these dealings -the agents.

Hes talented at football, but like most footballers a bit thick/naive.

Agents are canny, and will prostitute, cajole, and manouvre their clients towards something that is not always in the best interest of the player, but ensures a lucrative 10% of a transfer fee.

Anyway this is a great deal for us, only time will tell if its a good one for Everton wich i highly doubt

Why would you doubt it? He doesn't have the world cup pressuring him anymore, and for the first time in three years, he can start the season free of stress. I think he'll do just fine.

I'm wondering what will happen if you play each other now. He never really had any problems with any of the Chelsea players...

Some of you should get a fucking grip and be more positive about this. This is Jose and Chelsea board we are talking about, not a bunch of amateurs like Spurs ready to sell at the very first offer or splash the cash on every mug out there.

If Jose is selling his 2nd best striker for €35m, then it means he already has something else prepared.

There is no way Chelsea is selling Lukaku just for the sake of getting some extra money. I want to believe this is the money that will fund the Pogba deal.

Good luck Romelu!

Our board have made many mistakes in the last few years. More mistakes than right decisions. It's why we haven't won the league in 4 1/2 years despite spending absurd sums.

I also think signing a replacement striker is a thousand times more important than signing Paul Pogba, even if that replacement isn't a world class one. We should instead trust in van Ginkel. He deserves his chance.

How the f**k are we continuously getting top dollar for all these players? Emenalo and Mourinho are good at this market thing. Glad we're getting rid, he turned his back on Chelsea and let down Mourinho big time last season.

If the reported 38m is true then....

abramovich.gif

drogba-dancing-o.gif

eden-hazard-twitter.gif

Thanks for paying for our next forward Everton.

BdoVnz0.gif

Its not really his demand for a loan last year that pushed him away from the club, but his endless talking in the media was imo.

It was the same with the fans, even in this thread most people were not talking bad about him when he just left to Everton or when Mourinho said that he asked for loan.

The troubles started when he talked to much with the media.

It's only a great deal if we bring in a suitable replacement. And for being a good one for Everton, I seriously hope it isn't but Lukaku's goal-scoring record in English football suggests otherwise.

I also think signing a replacement striker is a thousand times more important than signing Paul Pogba, even if that replacement isn't a world class one. We should instead trust in van Ginkel. He deserves his chance.

Agreed. We don't need Pogba. We have plenty options in the midfield and MVG deserves a chance. We need a replacement striker.

I genuinely believe it should be Romelu who is disappointed with this, not us. He's leaving the club which made him cry the first time he entered the stadium.

Had a chance at a big club and bottled it. He had the chance last summer and this summer to fight for a place here and didn't want to take it. I wish the guy luck, but is he going to go on to become a multi-Champions League winning Ballon d'Or elsewhere? I really don't see it.

Jake Cohen @JakeFCohen

Chelsea's investment in young Belgian talent has essentially yielded Eden Hazard, Thibaut Courtois + Thorgan Hazard for ~£20m. Not bad.

Indeed!

Essentially for nothing+ profit as even if we were to have a fire sale Courtois alone would make up for that, even if he is benched for the whole of this season.