Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

And this is plane racist actually. The "superior English society". #puke

Are you going to start bringing something to the table in terms of debate or do you plan on inciting reaction for the rest of this thread?

If it's the latter then you won't be here to much longer. This is the last time I am speaking with you on this, start debating properly now.

I think you understand at last but I'm still not convinced.

Basically Lukaku asked to leave this club rather than fight for his spot. Who was the last player who did that to us? Sammy Dalla Bona maybe? Can you think of another?

At least you've made a new Belgium fan though.

I know he did. But if Mourinho let go of his stance of wanting 'winners' we could have the PL title in our cabinet now. If he forced Lukaku to stay he probably would have been an unhappy bunny for a while but he would have got over it. Lukaku asked for a move and Mourinho granted it. That is how I see it. Not sure how relevant this is but if I was playing FM and Lukaku asked that I wouldnt have let him go because he wanted 'the easy way out'. I would have kept him on the basis that he was a key part of the season and more importantly because I make the calls, not Lukaku. Seems on this case Lukaku was able to make the call too easily.

Not for me, he is in the same style of Costa.

I want a poacher like Dzeko, Kalou, Chicharito style. Dzeko being the best but hardest to get.

There has to be someone in this world of Futbol that Mournho and the club can scout from.

That's the point though, a good second option. If we wanted a poacher we would've kept Lukaku or played with two strikers. This team currently needs a certain profile of striker and they are in the mould of Costa/Drogba.

Daily Star? There are reputable sources in Belgium that have confirmed that he is going, plus Sky Sports themselves were saying a move is very close.

Sky sports are sayong that the bookmakers have suspended betting. And that martinez is confident. Thats it. That's all I can find.

Some people on here, I'm not gonna mention any names because it's clear to everyone, are acting like jealous wives.

'When I really needed him.. he LEFT me! HE LEFT ME!!! :'-("

The record is skipping dude.

Subtle.

Football supporters get emotional about players. Let's not forgetting we're talking about a guy who cried on his first trip to the Bridge so lets not pretend that we're automatons who don't become invested in players.

Chelsea supporters loved this guy from the start. They wanted to see him succeed and last season he was seen as a key part of the squad.

He got chances to play, but then HE asked to leave. He pissed away so much goodwill with the supporters (again, something certain members are doing as well) so yes there's going to be some hurt feelings.

That's football.

But if Mourinho let go of his stance of wanting 'winners'

Fuck me. :doh:

Sky sports are sayong that the bookmakers have suspended betting. And that martinez is confident. Thats it. That's all I can find.

I'm not making it up. Yesterday on the Sky Sports News tv channel they were saying that 'Sky Sources: Lukaku closing in on permanent move to Everton'.

I'm not making it up. Yesterday on the Sky Sports News tv channel they were saying that 'Sky Sources: Lukaku closing in on permanent move to Everton'.

BBC and the Guardian are both reporting it (as I quoted to him above). I think he's in denial.

Lukaku has made a total of 15 (mostly subs) appearances for us, he's barely a CFC player at all to begin with. Selling club? Get over it, we aren't selling players that are key to our manager's system are we? Nonsense.

Oh players who are key, tell me how selling a home grown player whose scored more goals than our strikers in the last 2 seasons is smart business?? Only to replace the home grown player with a 36 year old past it Drogba who could not even displace Bony as a starter during the World Cup?

When this many reputable sources have it then something is close.

I hate it when people say Jose said this, its Jose's decision, look where loaning Lukaku got us last season trophless, he has been wrong a lot of times in his career his no God u know

Of course he's not god but we didn't lose the league last season because of Lukaku's absence, his style would have been completely useless in the games we struggled to score.

Oh players who are key, tell me how selling a home grown player whose scored more goals than our strikers in the last 2 seasons is smart business?? Only to replace the home grown player with a 36 year old past it Drogba who could not even displace Bony as a starter during the World Cup?

How many goals has Lukaku scored for Chelsea, tell me?

How has Lukaku ever been a vital player for Chelsea? If he was staying here he wouldn't even be the number one striker. I'll say it again, the sale of Lukaku doesn't make us a selling club at all. That is utter nonsense.

Also, nice jibe to a club legend that is Drogba. What about Lukaku being dropped for a 19 year old Origi for Belgium? Ignoring that are you?

Subtle.

Football supporters get emotional about players. Let's not forgetting we're talking about a guy who cried on his first trip to the Bridge so lets not pretend that we're automatons who don't become invested in players.

Chelsea supporters loved this guy from the start. They wanted to see him succeed and last season he was seen as a key part of the squad.

He got chances to play, but then HE asked to leave. He pissed away so much goodwill with the supporters (again, something certain members are doing as well) so yes there's going to be some hurt feelings.

That's football.

Fuck me. :doh:

I'm not going to start this tired year old argument again. World cup year/"chances"/jadajada.

Don't be bitter, don't be arrogant towards other people's opinions and move on.

It's not because someone doesn't agree with you, you should link them to the Everton forum. You're not the bouncer here.

I know he did. But if Mourinho let go of his stance of wanting 'winners' we could have the PL title in our cabinet now. If he forced Lukaku to stay he probably would have been an unhappy bunny for a while but he would have got over it. Lukaku asked for a move and Mourinho granted it. That is how I see it. Not sure how relevant this is but if I was playing FM and Lukaku asked that I wouldnt have let him go because he wanted 'the easy way out'. I would have kept him on the basis that he was a key part of the season and more importantly because I make the calls, not Lukaku. Seems on this case Lukaku was able to make the call too easily.

My point exactly, but in other words.