Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I criticised Mourinho for some games last season but I support him with this move as I have with others and vice versa. I call it how I see it. The Lukaku sale has nothing to do with people blindly following Mourinho, people can think for themselves you do know that?

You'd think they can.

The question here is why would Cavani join a team playing with one striker when Costa and Drogba have just been bought. Only one of three can start the game and players like Cavani or Costa don't join teams to become a 30 minute sub.

Well no one will be a guaranteed starter. I think jose will pick players based on form so if Cavani is playing well then I am sure he'll get to play often.

Cavani-Costa

Hazard-Fabregas-Schurrle

Matic

Luis-Terry-Cahill-Azpi

Courtois

We spent a full season where we played with the sole striker. Don't think Jose will change the whole thing just for Cavani. I'd love Cavani here but we can't expect both Costa and Cavani to start together.

Well no one will be a guaranteed starter. I think jose will pick players based on form so if Cavani is playing well then I am sure he'll get to play often.

Yes, and in happy happy joy joy-land he'll leave PSG where he is a starter and take his chances in London for some reason. But in reality I don't see that happening.

A young talented player (like Lukaku, sadly) would be the ideal second striker, and Drogba is perfect to step in when needed and coach the youngsters.

Costa - Drogba - Mandzukic/Cavani will not work in a one striker system. Read my lips.

hate it when good players forced to leave just because they 'said something' that Mou doesn't like. Ridiculous. That's why he was booted from Real, no one liked him anymore for his ridiculous ego and beliefs.

Come on... Don't make things up. Mourinho pretty much left Madrid on his own accord. Perez said that it was Mourinho's decision. They still remain good friends. It was a mutual decision, he wasn't booted out.

"The door is not closed for Mourinho," he said. "He is going with sadness, with a difficult understanding of how the media are here. With sorrow, I believe. It is not easy to live with this pressure, which has sometimes been unjust, with a personal side.

"In the end we reached a conclusion, after three years that the best for him and the club was to separate, but to remain good friends. Life is very long and you never know what can happen."

People on the Everton forum seem to be pissing themselves in joy.

Of course they, for starters they are finally spending big, the Everton fans always complain about Kenwright being tight but now it seems he's ready to spend a bit. Lukaku is a good player and i have no doubts he'll score plenty for Everton but IMO and it's only my opinion he has many things to work on, i just think technically he falls way short and that why Jose doesn't want him (that and his attitude of course).

This is what you need to understand. He asked to leave on loan but he said he wanted to come back here and fight for his place. Can you at least acknowledge that? Believe me I have tried to understand some of your views but it is annoying when your view is completely blindsided. His intention was to leave here temporarily, yes temporarily and come back here and challenge for the strikers position. So when you say comments like "he asked to leave the club you support" you make it sound as he wanted to leave here permanently. He done what he thought was best for himself and us because he thought playing regularly at Everton would make him a better striker. Simply. Yes and before you say it I know he would have got starts here but at the time he panicked and asked for a move. You make it sound like he has done something similar to Schneiderlin where he has handed in a transfer request and made it clear he does not want to play there again. He did and that is the difference so when you make comments such as the one I mentioned it just exaggerates the actual truth what happened because his ultimate plan was to come here but you see different.

The thing is we needed him last season. We needed him to fight for his spot and instead he went somewhere there was less competition.

That's something that winners like Mourinho don't want in their team and you clearly don't understand why which is indicative of some parts of our society.

People seem to think that they're ENTITLED to certain things and shouldn't have to fight for them. It's a wider problem in society so I can't really blame you. Let's just agree to disagree because it seems like a concept that is completely anathema to you at this point in your life.

People seem to think that they're ENTITLED to certain things and shouldn't have to fight for them. It's a wider problem in society so I can't really blame you. Let's just agree to disagree because it seems like a concept that is completely anathema to you at this point in your life.

Not often in my life have I seen that amount of arrogance and pedantry in one post.

I'm sad to say that Stats has outsmarted you in each and every reply, give it up.