Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He has scored over 30 goals in the last 2 seasons and he is only 21. Of course it will be worth the money. Costa was playing in the Segunda division at the age of 21 while Lukaku is playing in the Prem. He is going to get better and will prove over time that he is worth the fee. He managed to get 17 league goals at a much inferior team like WBA at the age of 19 and 15 league goals at Everton so if you look at the trend he most likely will keep on scoring and while he improves on his strengths he will work on his flaws. It is understandable why Everton would pay a lot for him. We bought him for £18m and sold him. Same thing that will probably happen to Kalas and Pasalic even if they have good loans because that is just what we seem to do.

Like I was saying before, Costa at 21 was playing in the Segunda division in Spain and his goal return was not even that good considering he started over 30 games but with time he improved. People probably did not even rate Costa that much then. But the same way some people are stating that Sturridge isa complete striker because of his form now, I can guarantee some of them were saying when Sturridge was here that it was a good choice we sold him. He was selfish etc, too much mouth and one-dimensional but because he has proved to be one of the best strikers in Europe some people say it is uncomparable to Lukaku but hardly any strikers have shown what Lukaku has done at his age so when people say he is 'overrated', 'not that good', 'won't improve', I just think what a load of bullshit.

He basically has gone out on loan and done what has been asked of him. He was not excellent out on loan but he was very good and performed but guess what we sell him. Logic?... But that's what we do. We will buy but never give the young talent a chance. We really don't do much to prove that this is not 'the graveyard for young talent'.

It might sound bitter but I just speak the truth how I see it. If I was another team's fan such as United you can actually be happy for your loanees to do well but at us I don't get the point in celebrating when our loanees do well at other clubs when the likelihood is even if they do there best to impress out on loan, we will sell them.

Here's what you don't understand and keep burying your head in the sand about.

WE loan players, players don't ask to be loaned.

He quit in the face of opposition. You want to bash the club because you're so enamoured with this player that you ignore these basic facts. Mourinho is a winner. He demands a certain level of commitment from his players.

Lukaku FAILED to live up to that. He will never succeed. Try and get your head around that.

He has scored over 30 goals in the last 2 seasons and he is only 21. Of course it will be worth the money. Costa was playing in the Segunda division at the age of 21 while Lukaku is playing in the Prem. He is going to get better and will prove over time that he is worth the fee. He managed to get 17 league goals at a much inferior team like WBA at the age of 19 and 15 league goals at Everton so if you look at the trend he most likely will keep on scoring and while he improves on his strengths he will work on his flaws. It is understandable why Everton would pay a lot for him. We bought him for £18m and sold him. Same thing that will probably happen to Kalas and Pasalic even if they have good loans because that is just what we seem to do.

Like I was saying before, Costa at 21 was playing in the Segunda division in Spain and his goal return was not even that good considering he started over 30 games but with time he improved. People probably did not even rate Costa that much then. But the same way some people are stating that Sturridge isa complete striker because of his form now, I can guarantee some of them were saying when Sturridge was here that it was a good choice we sold him. He was selfish etc, too much mouth and one-dimensional but because he has proved to be one of the best strikers in Europe some people say it is uncomparable to Lukaku but hardly any strikers have shown what Lukaku has done at his age so when people say he is 'overrated', 'not that good', 'won't improve', I just think what a load of bullshit.

He basically has gone out on loan and done what has been asked of him. He was not excellent out on loan but he was very good and performed but guess what we sell him. Logic?... But that's what we do. We will buy but never give the young talent a chance. We really don't do much to prove that this is not 'the graveyard for young talent'.

It might sound bitter but I just speak the truth how I see it. If I was another team's fan such as United you can actually be happy for your loanees to do well but at us I don't get the point in celebrating when our loanees do well at other clubs when the likelihood is even if they do there best to impress out on loan, we will sell them.

Do you seriously not understand the difference between scoring for WBA/Everton and scoring for Chelsea? His world cup performances were as piss poor as his good performances for Everton, and while I think he could improve to one day be good enough to lead the line for Chelsea, he isn't atm.

Also, this graveyard of young talent has Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Willian, Salah, Christensen, Ake, Azpilicueta, Costa, Lukaku and Courtois in our first team squad and they're all under 26. We have more young talent than most other teams in Europe. If you;re talking about young talent promoted from the youth that's a whole different story, but one that isn't relevant here as Lukaku didn't come through our youth system either.

Lavezzi is not a striker. Ffs will people stop suggesting that. If you're going to play a winger at striker then we already have Schurrle. A team competing for the title does not play people out of position for a whole season.

Our best option would be Remy for £8.5M, but only if those heart problems that were rumoured to be the reason Liverpool bolted are not true or exaggerated.

If not Remy, then Bony, Jay Rodriguez or Javier Hernandez, depending on the price of each of them, would all be great acquisitions for 2nd choice. All are better than Lukaku and with a better attitude. AND they'd be cheaper. No brainer?

And where did Lavezzi spend majority of his Napoli days playing as a second striker in a 3-5-2 with Cavani. The point is that he is very good as a striker and will fit our style of play recently. There were also rumours we wanted to sign him, so that's why he is being suggested.

It's amazing how Lukaku has turned to shit so quickly. Jay Rodriguez better than Lukaku?

Bony? 19M buyout clause

You do realize he played at 'Chelsea B' Vitesse Arnhem 2011-2013.

We let him go to Swansea for 14 million... now after 1 season in EPL buying 19 million for him... That would simply be the dumbest thing ever...

You that know Lukaku so well... of course knew that Lukaku already 4 Champions league games... scoring 3 goals? Or didn't you?

Oh I forgot you're in the know. :D

Yes I know he played CL at that age. I also know that he said he wants to play CL next season, that it's a must, that it's what great players like Rooney and Ronaldo did.

Oh wait, didn't you know that Everton aren't in the Champions League next season? Oops.

Yes please... I'm sick of this ridiculous hate posts!

I don't hate him. I'm disappointed in him. Learn the difference.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/02/11/uk-soccer-belgium-lukaku-idUKBREA1A0FZ20140211

I don't hate him. I'm disappointed in him. Learn the difference.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/02/11/uk-soccer-belgium-lukaku-idUKBREA1A0FZ20140211

Dude... If this is your way to show disappointment... man I would never want to be married with you. You clearly cannot stop arguing about it :D .

In the Lukaku topic you remind me of a really good friend of mine I used to have...

Technics-SL-1200.jpg

Eto'o was our best striker last season. Without him god knows where we would have finished. I wish he could've stayed on this year tbh as something different to Costa.

As for Drogba, one of our best ever players in his first spell here, and hasn't played a game yet in his second spell? Don't judge him before he's played, that's moronic.

Strikers don't last forever. No one's questioning how good he was in his first spell, especially not me, but you can't expect him to show the same form, sharpness, etc. at his current age. There's a good reason why he's been playing in the Turkish league last season ... This is exactly what I was afraid of: people will have the same expectations from him as in his first spell but that isn't realistic. He's legend is likely to come crashing down. Bloody shame.

Basically we've sold a guy who isn't good enough to be our number 1 striker, put in a transfer request when he actually had to compete for a spot, talks too much and is technically limited.....to a club who aren't a direct rival, for twice what we paid for him.

And people are moaning? :getin:

EDIT...oh and he had two years left on his contract.

all true.

just that having Torres and 36-year-old Drogba as the only alternatives to Costa does not give me a warm feeling. Would Jose sign a 4th striker? Right now we are an injury away from last season's strike force.

It's Mourinho's decision so there's amnesia to all of that. Common sense is thrown out of the window because Mourinho's a god to some here.