test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,522 posts in this topic
He needs to have a shocker tomorrow

He'll either be unstoppable or inivisible. I expect it to be the latter tbh

And with the news about Diego Costa finalizing his deal to China. 

It's all but inevitable that Lukaku will be at Stamford Bridge next season. 

8 hours ago, Kieran. said:

I'm sure he's leading the line here next season.

Nope, unless he is forced on Conte and he has no alternative options.

He is not type of striker Conte wants; he wants a striker that works for the team.

mashimaru161 likes this

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/2/27/14746272/et-tu-lulu

Found this really good article comparing Lukaku and Costa statistically. Writer is neutral and goes in depth, quite interesting. It was done at end of February though, would have been nice to do it at end of season. take note of last few paragraphs in particular, which conveys how I feel about whole thing better than I could tbh..

'In summary, both of these players seem similar with regard to their talents on the pitch. Costa's the more fierce one, Lukaku has the higher ceiling, both very talented, but both with their flaws'

'to expect him[Lukaku] to not further improve seems to be a naive or biased perspective, as most forwards improve during their prime years'

'Everyone's going to have their own 'perspective', but it's important to not let confirmation bias cloud your judgement, and to properly rate players looking objectively at their talents, their flaws, their abilities, their potentials. It's criminal, I think, to summarily dismiss Lukaku as not being capable of entering our side'

Couldn't get why emenalo is so obessed with this kid? Just to spite mourinho, "see, I'm right, sucker"?

1 hour ago, mashimaru161 said:

Couldn't get why emenalo is so obessed with this kid? Just to spite mourinho, "see, I'm right, sucker"?

Or maybe because he's scored about 50 goals in the last two seasons?

Anyways, unlike any other striker we would bring in, we wouldn't have to worry about a potential settling in period with Lukaku so that's another huge positive. He knows what PL football is all about and the demands that are placed on a player. For example, we just saw the Bundesliga player of the year Mkhitaryan struggle mightily in his first season in England and he was unstoppable in Germany last season. When you're spending mega money on a striker you can't afford a poor season from him.

Unless United come in with an offer that we'd be stupid to pay, I think Lukaku is as good as ours at this point. Think he's desperate to return "home," and prove that he's earned his way back to Chelsea.

The Skipper, pHaRaOn and Stats like this

2 hours ago, mashimaru161 said:

And why it's emanolo. 

Conte wanted him as well before in juventus.... 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Or maybe because he's scored about 50 goals in the last two seasons?

Anyways, unlike any other striker we would bring in, we wouldn't have to worry about a potential settling in period with Lukaku so that's another huge positive. He knows what PL football is all about and the demands that are placed on a player. For example, we just saw the Bundesliga player of the year Mkhitaryan struggle mightily in his first season in England and he was unstoppable in Germany last season. When you're spending mega money on a striker you can't afford a poor season from him.

Unless United come in with an offer that we'd be stupid to pay, I think Lukaku is as good as ours at this point. Think he's desperate to return "home," and prove that he's earned his way back to Chelsea.

Oh yes against small team, while he miraculously disappear in big matches cough*EuroCup*cough. Credit to him for actually desperate to rejoin us thoigh. Think we can ask him to make request to reduce his price? 100m is a big much...

54 minutes ago, Fernando said:

And why it's emanolo. 

Conte wanted him as well before in juventus.... 

Conte want a lazy, huge ego character? I didn't know...

1 hour ago, mashimaru161 said:

Oh yes against small team, while he miraculously disappear in big matches cough*EuroCup*cough. Credit to him for actually desperate to rejoin us thoigh. Think we can ask him to make request to reduce his price? 100m is a big much...

Conte want a lazy, huge ego character? I didn't know...

Seek past years where it said Conte wanted to bring Lukaku to Juventus. 

28 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Seek past years where it said Conte wanted to bring Lukaku to Juventus. 

I got the news that he confirmed he rejected Juve offer in the the summer of 2016 while conte was already at chelsea, are there any earlier reports? 

11 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

I got the news that he confirmed he rejected Juve offer in the the summer of 2016 while conte was already at chelsea, are there any earlier reports? 

Conte's reported interest in the Belgian shouldn't come as a surprise. Back in 2014, before the youngster moved to Everton, the incoming Stamford Bridge boss quit Juventus after he and the club board couldn't come to an agreement on the Bianconeri transfer policy, amid rumours the Italians decided against pursuing Lukaku more strongly, per Ben Jefferson of the Daily Express.

Lukaku later admitted Juventus did make an approach, but he chose Everton because it was the perfect place for him to develop, per the Sunday People (h/t Goal's Liam Twomey).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630117-chelsea-transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-wanted-by-antonio-conte-latest-rumours

mashimaru161 likes this