Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

According to Di Marzio, Everton's offer is €30m + bonuses.

Still sort of hoping for him to stay because he's a quality player who also fills the HG requirements, but I've already accepted the fact he's as good as gone. If he doesn't want to stay and fight for his place I'd be more than okay with selling him for that kind of money. Together with the £3m loan fee Everton paid for Lukaku last year we'd receive a lot of money for a player who's done fuck all for us and supposedly doesn't even want to be at the club anymore. Assuming the add-on payments to Anderlecht haven't been triggered with Lukaku only playing 15 games for the club and not scoring a single goal, the price we paid for him was only around £11m and now he's about to go for over double that amount which I consider to be a good piece of business once again.

Brilliant post, exactly my thoughts.

Listen, we can speculate and guess why he is supposedly being sold but in the end of the day we don't have the full understanding of whats going on behind the scenes. It has to be a Mourinho decision to off-load him and it can be for numerous reasons. He is very talented young player but if Mourinho feels we can cope without him and we'd benefit from the money we'd get then it's the way forward. No player is bigger than the club and Mourinho is paid to make decisions, either way you look at it there'll be people not content with the eventual outcome. Only Mourinho and the club know what is actually going on and reasons behind them, not the media and certainly not the people who supposedly know Lukaku personally. Lukaku is a young boy who made couple basic PR errors and had ruined his image to many supporters of Chelsea permanently, including myself, and instead of cleaning up his act went on to pour some more oil into the fire. I'm sure he'll be a decent player in years to come but we need players who say "We" instead of "I". Can't wait to get rid of Torres either, but that's a whole another story.

I wonder will torres still be in chelsea even after we all die...

Anelka, Drogba, Etoo, Ba, Sturridge, possibly Lukaku all left, but Torres is still here...how? Biggest mystery of our lives.

Money and contractual obligations are the reason he is still here. :)

24mil is a very good business. its as good a business as selling sturridge for 12mil was!!! oh wait!!! we all know how that turned out!!!

Selling a player who's unhappy at the club for over his market value is always good business IMO. Sturridge's contract was about to expire and it was clear he wasn't going to renew so it was a case of getting £12m for him in January or letting him go for free in the summer so yes, getting £12m was good business. Selling Mata for £37m and De Bruyne for £18m were no different.

As long as the other strikers, Costa and whoever the club will end up with in the next couple of years, are living to expectations and we're not left second guessing how things would have been if Lukaku had stayed, I don't see us missing him at all. Look at De Bruyne, no matter how good he's performing for Wolfsburg you don't see many people moaning that it was a wrong decision to sell him because we still have AMs that perform.

He wanted to leave last summer and he wasn't given the chance to leave on a full time basis, we are getting rid of him now, whats the problem? He probably still didn't want to be here this season. If your not prepared to fight for your place at a club like Chelsea, similar to Kevin De Bruyne, you lack the mentality to be a top player. Competition improves every player, evidently he didn't fancy it.

Selling a player who's unhappy at the club for over his market value is always good business IMO. Sturridge's contract was about to expire and it was clear he wasn't going to renew so it was a case of getting £12m for him in January or letting him go for free in the summer so yes, getting £12m was good business. Selling Mata for £37m and De Bruyne for £18m were no different.

As long as the other strikers, Costa and whoever the club will end up with in the next couple of years, are living to expectations and we're not left second guessing how things would have been if Lukaku had stayed, I don't see us missing him at all. Look at De Bruyne, no matter how good he's performing for Wolfsburg you don't see many people moaning that it was a wrong decision to sell him because we still have AMs that perform.

mata and kdb WERE good businesses.

sturridge was almost forced out by the managers/board/ROMAN just so that we could make torres the alpha dog. getting 12mil for sturridge was "good", but the board got themselves into the situation.

as for lukaku, he is an IDIOT. an idiotic, 21 year old over-grown idiot!!! he has 2 years on his contract. a lot could have changed in that time. we have the best manager in the world who should have "managed" the situation better. we have bought a player who lukaku sees as a role-model.

also how do u think we wont miss him? costa as a first striker is GREAT, but having a 36 year old DD and a guy who does THIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtLxQXFEjI), is suicidal for a team having PL and CL aspirations.

mata and kdb WERE good businesses.

sturridge was almost forced out by the managers/board/ROMAN just so that we could make torres the alpha dog. getting 12mil for sturridge was "good", but the board got themselves into the situation.

as for lukaku, he is an IDIOT. an idiotic, 21 year old over-grown idiot!!! he has 2 years on his contract. a lot could have changed in that time. we have the best manager in the world who should have "managed" the situation better. we have bought a player who lukaku sees as a role-model.

also how do u think we wont miss him? costa as a first striker is GREAT, but having a 36 year old DD and a guy who does THIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVtLxQXFEjI), is suicidal for a team having PL and CL aspirations.

Jose could have managed the situation better? He wanted to use him in his squad, Lukaku missed a penalty and decided he was leaving lmao. Jose tried to convince him to stay but he wanted to leave permanently but did Jose let him? No. Lukaku is all talk, remember when he talked to the media trying to say Jose didn't want him in the squad and Jose responded and he shut his mouth?

Also 12M for a player with 6 months on their contract, thats brilliant business given he also had maybe just over one full season of regular PL games (6 months as a regular at Bolton and 6 months regularly for Chelsea and handfuls of appearances for City tbh) so you can hardly say the board did bad. We could have let him go for free and got nothing in July, then if he had gone on and scored goals for Pool everyone would be greeting their tits off about him even more.

nothing at all in the tabloids about this!!! seems the weekly "lukaku transfer round up" to me.

whats worse is that he probably is set to be the 2nd striker and is "willing to fight for the spot" and yet just cos of his past discretions, all the BS transfer news is given way too much priority. i mean since the start of the season, lukaku has almost joined monaco, RM and juve about 3 times and then there is everton who keep bobbing up bi-weekly!!!

nothing at all in the tabloids about this!!! seems the weekly "lukaku transfer round up" to me.

whats worse is that he probably is set to be the 2nd striker and is "willing to fight for the spot" and yet just cos of his past discretions, all the BS transfer news is given way too much priority. i mean since the start of the season, lukaku has almost joined monaco, RM and juve about 3 times and then there is everton who keep bobbing up bi-weekly!!!

Di Marzio is hardly just someone making shit up for weekly Lukaku rumors.

Jose could have managed the situation better? He wanted to use him in his squad, Lukaku missed a penalty and decided he was leaving lmao. Jose tried to convince him to stay but he wanted to leave permanently but did Jose let him? No. Lukaku is all talk, remember when he talked to the media trying to say Jose didn't want him in the squad and Jose responded and he shut his mouth?

Also 12M for a player with 6 months on their contract, thats brilliant business given he also had maybe just over one full season of regular PL games (6 months as a regular at Bolton and 6 months regularly for Chelsea and handfuls of appearances for City tbh) so you can hardly say the board did bad. We could have let him go for free and got nothing in July, then if he had gone on and scored goals for Pool everyone would be greeting their tits off about him even more.

the board dint do bad in the sturridge case? so it was RDM and FSW who simply kept sturridge on the bench while torres slept on the pitch? sturridge was "injured" with us on 31st dec and yet fit enough to play every game for pool after that!!! :lol: the board forced the issue. if getting 12mil is the only criteria of a "good business" then yes they did good, but unfortunately, it simply is not.

lamps wanted to leave on multiple occasions, JT was close to joining city, sure they dint put in a transfer request (apparently which lukaku did) but they are still club legends. lukaku right now is important for us. we cant afford to not win the PL this season which is exactly what we are heading for if our strikers are costa, DD, torres. its simply not good enough to win the league. IF jose actually talked to lukaku yet lukaku wants this move, then FUCK HIM. he can go and put a ball up his ass. but i simply cant see a reason why lukaku would want a move to everton after (supposedly) been promised the 2nd striker role. i mean he has made it clear that he wants to play football for the very best of teams, yet he would willingly take a step (or 2) backwards. he has said on multiple occasions that he wants to play in the CL, which he simply wont get anywhere near to in everton. i just dont get why lukaku would WANT this move.

u mean this guy

It says Chelsea are ready to offer 30m + Torres for Cavani. I am unsure how that is crazy in any way, or how we have any way to confirm or say that it's false. Chelsea might very well have tried that and PSG just refused, you know that happens quite often without the public knowing everything about it... Them refusing that would especially make sense when PSG came in with a hell lot of money.