test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,473 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Great lets sell Costa and replace him with either Morata or Lukaku... again... Lukaku is in a hot run of form, but so was Costa at the start of the season. Sometimes I think people forget things. I know who I'd rather have and its not the Belgian. 

Yeah, well you judge a player over the whole season and Lukaku has 7 more goals....

Different teams; different conditions and esp ambitions.

most complaints people have here against Diego are regarding his technique or the lack thereof. Lukaku would certainly NOT be an improvement in that regard.

If we want to become a more technical side to compete in Europe, then perhaps Lukaku is not the way to go. On the other hand, with the current level of spending, it does not seem we are serious about Europe, so we might settle for another low-technique striker for the PL.

39 minutes ago, the wes said:

According to the Liverpool Echo, the Toffees have slapped a £100m price tag on Lukaku 

he doesnt even come close to that price tag, what a joke Everton are.

3 minutes ago, nono said:

If we re-sign for 100m a player we let go for 28m Emenalo should be fired.

Relax no one is gonna sign him for that. Don't think we'd pay over 60 for him.

On 17/04/2017 at 7:06 PM, Mana said:

Because you said you don't want Lukaku here because of his ego is bigger than his talent. What a silly thing to say, especially when we have someone is similar in Chelsea. Probably even worse than Lukaku when it comes to "ego".

Get a life seriously. You going to blame Costa for shortages at your local supermarket next.

I dont think anyone here can honestly say Costa has a big ego. One of our most down to earth players. I dont want Lukaku because he isnt an improvement on Costa. He has the same limitations as Costa. We need an upgrade and Lukaku is not. Also Lukaku thinks he is better than he is.

Get a life seriously. You going to blame Costa for shortages at your local supermarket next.

I dont think anyone here can honestly say Costa has a big ego. One of our most down to earth players. I dont want Lukaku because he isnt an improvement on Costa. He has the same limitations as Costa. We need an upgrade and Lukaku is not. Also Lukaku thinks he is better than he is.

You are pathetic, shut up with your nonsense.

Costa has an ego. Picking fights on the pitch. Throwing bibs at Mourinho. If you can't see that, then you are as blind as a naked mole rat.

Lukaku is the PL's top scorer. If he wins the golden boot, he has the right to brag.

And at least Lukaku wins balls in the air, unlike Costa. You honestly know nothing.

I read today that he was supposedly one of the players with a virus lmaooo he's so bad even journalist are trying to find excuses for him now. They don't watch us that often so they don't know just how shit he truly is.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Costa has an ego. Picking fights on the pitch. Throwing bibs at Mourinho. If you can't see that, then you are as blind as a naked mole rat.

Lukaku is the PL's top scorer. If he wins the golden boot, he has the right to brag.

And at least Lukaku wins balls in the air, unlike Costa. You honestly know nothing.

Lukaku is so good he goes in hiding against every better team out of respect, because otherwise it wouldnt be fair.

Everyone who wants Costa out, at least target players who are better, in which case Lukaku is simply not. 

Lukaku is so good he goes in hiding against every better team out of respect, because otherwise it wouldnt be fair.
Everyone who wants Costa out, at least target players who are better, in which case Lukaku is simply not. 

We want obviously someone better than Lukaku, but Lukaku > Costa so far this season and last season. You can't deny that.

21 minutes ago, Mana said:

We want obviously someone better than Lukaku, but Lukaku > Costa so far this season and last season. You can't deny that.

Its the feeling because of past two months. Before february I would pick Costa anyday. Lukaku will first have to play for bigger club and then see if he can lead the team like Costa did. 

I agree we should be considering selling Costa only because he is unstable, not because of his skill. But who is there available that is better than Costa at his best? 

Johnnyeye and Mana like this

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Its the feeling because of past two months. Before february I would pick Costa anyday. Lukaku will first have to play for bigger club and then see if he can lead the team like Costa did. 

I agree we should be considering selling Costa only because he is unstable, not because of his skill. But who is there available that is better than Costa at his best? 

its so funny when people say who else is better than costa at his best. It reminds me of when drogba left that is exactly what people said and who did we get, Costa!!!!! 

So i believe we will get someone. people should stop thinking as though Costa is the best Chelsea can get. I am very sure 3 Seasons from now when Lukaku or Morata are about to be sold we would be asking this same dumb question "who is there better than them at their best".

Secondly i wont accept you saying "who is there available" . We dont need a player to available before we can get him. When we want him, we will have him, afterall Costa was not available. WE MADE HIM AVAILABLE. So was Drogba and Torres and every other player we buy. Not Free Transfer, WE BUY.

THIS IS CHELSEA:cig::cig:, NOT........................

Cavani. He's the only other player I've ever seen who played like-for-like when compared to Drogba. I miss that, I want that, and we'd benefit from that.

Don't let anyone fool you into believing Cavani's some sort of goal-missing merchant. He has his misses, as does Suarez, but they score so so so many goals that it really doesn't matter. And age isn't a factor when you're as athletic as Cavani is.

It is time, even though he is past his best. I think he'd keep up a similar goalscoring rate to Diego, and for sure have periods where he doesn't score, but it's those dry periods which can define a player, and Cavani offers all those qualities Drogba gave us when not scoring.

I can see us selling Diego for 80m, and signing Cavani for 65m.

Blue-in-me-Veins and El P. like this

Cavani is an animal, and I mean that in a good way. He has a very rounded and polished side to his game, aerially he's excellent, the ball at his feet he's good and he's a super finisher. I wanted Cavani here years ago, just a simply brilliant forward who bullies defenders and can take it the other way too.

Stats and Johnnyeye like this

Ibrahimovic is 35 years old. I think I win.

But for good measure, Suarez is 30. 

For better measure, Ronaldo's 32.

For disrespectful measure, Dzeko is 31, but not too old to lead his team to 1 place behind an uber strong Juventus. 

Imagine we got rid of Drogba at 30 :o

Cavani is one of the best athletes in football. After 35, I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic, but I know in 5 years he'll still be better than 90% of the strikers in Europe. Even at 39 he's going to be useful coming off the bench. He'd be a very wise, experienced investment who'd bring more to the locker room than a single other striker who's been mentioned. (In losing Terry, I doubt we should be replacing him with Lukaku or Mbappe. Icardi brings 0 charisma too)

and Aduriz at 36 has more goals from open play this season than Griezmann. Exactly the same the year before too. In fact last year he was the highest scoring player in the league not wearing a Barcelona/Real Madrid kit. (This season, Aspas (30 this year) & Griezmann join him.)) At 35, Nistelrooy, Klose & Inzaghi were the best poachers in their leagues.

DDA and Johnnyeye like this

23 hours ago, Mana said:

Will be fun to see who you next hate once Costa is gone. Fans like you always need to hate one player or another. Fickle to the bone you. BLOCKED!!!

9 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Will be fun to see who you next hate once Costa is gone. Fans like you always need to hate one player or another. Fickle to the bone you. BLOCKED!!!

Blocked me? Good. Finally I don't have to see your crappy responses like this one I quoted. It's true that you speak absolute rubbish. :) 

6 hours ago, nono said:

Cavani is 30 years old.

True, but man we need someone different or at least consistent.