Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Are we really going to do the again? Send a young striker with massive potential to another Premier League club. To one of our bogey sides at that. Just not a good idea at all.

I have no issue selling him but only if it's abroad. Imagine Everton taking 3-6 points off of us next season with him scoring. After the league came down to the wire last year and with the clubs at the top all improving those points could be absolutely vital.

Sturridge to Liverpool, Mata to United, and now Lukaku to Everton. We're arming so many sides around us and it doesn't really sit right with me.

Dude I respect you for a lot of posts I agree on... but on the Lukaku thread you are really pissing me off!

Not only because you post almost everyday... But because you keep on repeating that he had his chance, is a coward, ran away and most importantly has a big mouth and needs to shut up. I didn't want to reply on that... but because you just keep on going... I just have to B)

First of all:

It really amazes me every time I see how many people think he has a big mouth, is an arrogant boy who 'said' he's a complete striker AND who also said he needs to be the #1 striker!

I don't know who replied on my last post saying 'we also know Romelu'... But fact is, if you say all these things above... it just proves one thing: you clearly don't know Lukaku and you are clearly biased by media! Yet again... it really amazes me how much impact the media has in the UK, because many guys on here tend to think these things.

So, like I said before, I know Lukaku personally from age 15. It's not like he calls me every night or would invite me on his b-day party BUT if I see him at the bridge he will most definitely recognize me and come over to say hi. So I think I'm well placed to make a judgement on him... and forgive me for getting very angry on people who are just filling forum pages because they also 'think' they know him! Lukaku is one of the most dedicated and professional players out there. Even when it comes to multimedia training etc! Please try to understand that the press loved the fact that Lukaku was outscoring our own strikers time after time and did their best to make a big story of that! By doing this also trying to make Lukaku say he also thinks he's better that the Chelsea strikes, etc. He really didn't. The only thing he did say once it that 'he feels like a more complete striker now' => easy to translate to 'a complete striker'

I agree that he's a complete pro in his dedication to his game and I've praised him for that.

But he talks too much. Simple as that, from his press dealings to asking for a move away from this club. He's spoken when he shouldn't, said too much and alienated a lot of the support he had.

• I will give you some inside info from the boardroom:
    • First off all trainers get the clear instructions to try and make Torres shine again. Don't forget this was a +50£ million investment... We will most definitely lose on him... but the board at least wants to regain of part of it => this is also the only reason why he keeps playing (frustrating so many fans!!)
    • Last season plan was to loan out or sell Demba Ba! Everything was tried to get him out so we would have 3 strikers left... At the final day of the mercato... only Arsenal and a financially broke Malaga were willing to take him. He was almost gone to Arsenal, but finally the board decided not to let him go to an EPL rival.
    • The fact that Ba wasn't loaned out had direct connection and impact on the Lukaku loan. This was the reason why this was also done so surprisingly late!
    • Mourinho didn't mind starting the season with 4 strikers! Which is his good right as a coach, but from a players point of view this means: 'if you're lucky you get enough chances to prove yourself. If you have bad luck... you end up in the stands. This is not really a risk you want to take in a WC year.
    • Lukaku knew Torres had to play (orders from above) & Eto'o came as a superstar and old friend of Mou as the 1st or 2nd option. Meaning he would be 3rd striker, probably on the same level as Ba.

Inside info....wow, a real ITK lads.

So apparently the club are trying to make a £50 million investment pay off. Careful, that info is so confidential you might be assassinated for revealing it. What else?

Demba Ba was going to go to Arsenal on loan for £3 million. Whose your source? Mr Dave The Sun Newspaper or Terry Daily Mail?

So Lukaku was on the same level as Ba? Funny that, because technically he's on the same level as him too.

So on those who keep saying he's a coward who run away.... one word: WC year with a promising Belgian team. He NEEDED to prove himself to our NT Wilmots after Benteke's amazing form! So he just needed to play.

And Azpi had to get into the World Champion's squad, but he didn't ask for a loan move. He didn't even get the chances Lukaku did. Instead he kept his head down, trained and then cemented himself in the first-team winning huge plaudits.

He needed to prove himself to Mourinho and the Chelsea supporters first.

Shame he still missed out on the world cup...oh wait, apparently he didn't. Just didn't notice him.

If you think he had enough chances to prove himself after 3 games in competition... => You're joking right?? He gets a real chance in a game or 10-15. Still needs to come. So imo Lukaku absolutely didn't had the chance to prove himself yet at the bridge!

He got increasing amounts of minutes blah blah blah....written it all before, you know the song.

If you want my opinion about a possible transfer... If the club sorts out the problem with Torres before the end of August (sell him), there is a 100% chance that Lukaku will stay and fight for his spot with Costa & Drogba!

He should just go to Everton. He'll start every week there, score 15 goals a season and be a massive star for the second biggest club on Merseyside.

Did he happen to tell you why Real Madrid haven't bid for him? Or Barcelona? Or PSG? Or Livepool? Or United? Or Arsenal?

Wrong. He did play for us. In his first season he was kept in the reserves but made the odd prem appeance and few cup games and started 1 game at the end of that season. He made sub apperances this season. Also by miss I mean regret like same way United miss/regret Pogba. A player they had in their own hands but ultimately left and has become one of the best CM in the world. They regret losing him. Think it could be the same with Lukaku. I think we will and without having a dig at the club I hope we do regret it as I want him to achieve at his next club and show what he is capable of.

Pogba was missed because United struggled for central midfielders.

The difference is that we replaced Lukaku already. Costa and Drogba are both better than him, whilst Bamford and Solanke have the potential to be.

If he does move on, it's not the clubs fault.

The guy expects to come in and be our number one striker. he's not ready to fight for his place. one good game is all it takes for him to be starting the next week. he missed his chance to be a real starter last year; we've moved on now and he's never going to be our number one striker with Costa. if he really wanted to play for our club he would have stayed last year instead going panic mode and asking to leave in the last day of the transfer day. he ruined his chances at being at Chelsea, but he created something else for himself at Everton as a footballer.

According to Di Marzio, Everton's offer is €30m + bonuses.

Still sort of hoping for him to stay because he's a quality player who also fills the HG requirements, but I've already accepted the fact he's as good as gone. If he doesn't want to stay and fight for his place I'd be more than okay with selling him for that kind of money. Together with the £3m loan fee Everton paid for Lukaku last year we'd receive a lot of money for a player who's done fuck all for us and supposedly doesn't even want to be at the club anymore. Assuming the add-on payments to Anderlecht haven't been triggered with Lukaku only playing 15 games for the club and not scoring a single goal, the price we paid for him was only around £11m and now he's about to go for over double that amount which I consider to be a good piece of business once again.

I think that the add-on is 5 millions after x goals for chelsea, so it's sill pending (i've seen an interview about it some mounts ago)