test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,477 posts in this topic

Andy Carroll scored vs. top teams more often than Drogba did in 2010/2011, but we wouldn't have brought him in if Drogba were to leave, no way.

Perfect example, IMO, seeing as Lukaku and Carroll share 80% of the same qualities, and wouldn't even be a sidestep from Costa, but an obvious downgrade. Costa in a purple-patch is in another league compared to Lukaku in a purple-patch.

Goals mean so much less than people make them out to be. Otherwise Nistelrooy, Inzaghi & Berbatov would be hailed the 3 greatest strikers of our time. All of them were moved on despite still scoring plenty, for good reason. There's only so long you can put up with the consistent frustration a player like Lukaku brings. His style is anti-football. He scores goals, but that's it. No style. A simple-minded player. A could-have-been player. Effective? Sure. But so is Defoe, and Modeste is banging them in in Germany too. I doubt either are desired by any of us though. Why should Lukaku be desired?

It's like being a Formula 1 driver who can drive really fast but has no idea how to turn corners. The top brands will rarely ever sign a one-dimensional sportsman. They'd have to be exceedingly good at that 1 thing they do - better than anyone else around does it - to be considered. Lukaku is not the best goalscorer around. He has far many more flaws too compared to his peers who score the same amount as him.

As great as we are in transitioning between defense and attack, the thought of the freight train that is Lukaku leading our counter attacks is dreamy. 

Just hope Zlatan decides to stay at United because they'll probably be our only competition. Though, with the way they're playing under Koeman he may yet decide to stay at Everton.

Whatever you say about Lukaku and Costa, one thing is clear - Lukaku has very good "header" on the ball, could be even better with time. Not just "header", Diego can't even jump. That is one of his biggest disadvantages, if you ask me. Tall targetman who cannot head the ball into the net for his life.

Also, Lukaku can actually shot outside of the box, decently powerful shot.

Don't know really who I rate higher between the two, maybe Lukaku by a small distance, but would like to se Lukaku in top team to really prove himself, for sure.

If we get him and Nainggolan, I think Hazard will find it much easier to be here then see himself at Madrid.

A lot of Belgium compatriot and better for Belgium to get chemistry going. 

grotenbees and the wes like this

On 13/04/2017 at 3:46 PM, the wes said:

Didier Drogba claims Romelu Lukaku has told him about his transfer plans this summer and backs the Everton striker to be a success if he returns to Chelsea.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/13/didier-drogba-backs-romelu-lukakus-return-to-chelsea-6571898/#ixzz4e8mpThJY

I read an interview of Rom years back and he said all he ever wanted was to score the goasls for Chelsea that his hero Didier does.

I honestly think once he gets back hes going to do everything he can to be the best he can be. The guy just wants to be a sucess at the team he supported as a kid.

By the way Drogs is talking in the interview its a done deal.

Didier Drogba thinks Romelu Lukaku could be back in a Chelsea shirt

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10834620/didier-drogba-thinks-romelu-lukaku-could-be-back-in-a-chelsea-shirt

42 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

After seeing how Lukaku treated Ashley Williams, I dont want him at this club. His ego is clearly bigger than his talent. 

:rolleyes:

Henrique likes this

Yes, I want him here next season. Has improved so much this season in all aspects of play and is on 24 league goals. All from open play ffs. Only positive thing I take from Costa's form is that hopefully Conte has already decided that he is going to make a move for this man in summer. I will be so pissed of if another PL club get him. Even if Costa decides he wants to stay here next season, we should be looking for a top striker anyway. Cost'a drop off in goals general form is really alarming. Want to see the two Belgians lining up with one another next season. We can't mess up on this one again.

After seeing how Lukaku treated Ashley Williams, I dont want him at this club. His ego is clearly bigger than his talent. 

And what is Diego Costa?

Great lets sell Costa and replace him with either Morata or Lukaku... again... Lukaku is in a hot run of form, but so was Costa at the start of the season. Sometimes I think people forget things. I know who I'd rather have and its not the Belgian. 

Fernando likes this

43 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Great lets sell Costa and replace him with either Morata or Lukaku... again... Lukaku is in a hot run of form, but so was Costa at the start of the season. Sometimes I think people forget things. I know who I'd rather have and its not the Belgian. 

The problem about Costa is that he is basically useless when he is not scoring  goals. What Costa does good is scoring goals and making good runs, but when he does not score goals an the CBs of the opponent do not allow him to make good runs, he has zero abilities to make something happen. His passing is horrible,his vision is horrible and his first touch is las bad as Matics first touch. He can´t even use his body that good even though he is that big and strong. He doens´t even win you that much headers and he is not a small guy by any means.

I prefer Lukaku or Morata.Lukaku can use his body and score goals. He is always a threat in the air. Morata on the other side is a great balll playing striker, who can dribble past defenseders and score goals. Both Lukaku and Morata deliver you positive things,even when they don´t score goals.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

And what is Diego Costa? emoji23.png

What does this have to do with Costa. Get a fucking grip. Its become an obsession for you. 

But this "Belgian" is the PL's current top goal scorer. So far this "Belgian" is beating Costa left, right and center overall this season whether you like it or not. Don't care about the beginning of the bloody season. The season doesn't end in January. It's now that we should be focusing on.

Don't say "Because we are top of the league and Everton's 6th..."

Everton's defense is shite, Lukaku can't do anything about that. But funny enough, Everton have a tiny chance of getting that top 4 spot. At least they are still on the hunt, even though it's far fetched.

And we haven't won the league yet. Remember that.

What does this have to do with Costa. Get a fucking grip. Its become an obsession for you. 

Because you said you don't want Lukaku here because of his ego is bigger than his talent. What a silly thing to say, especially when we have someone is similar in Chelsea. Probably even worse than Lukaku when it comes to "ego".

Stats and Unionjack like this