Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Hilarious.

For those of you who keep making the ridiculous comment that if we lose Costa for a stretch of time we're screwed, how does having Lukaku make that less of an issue? He's not exactly the type of guy that can win games for us on his own.

If we lose our no.1 striker we don't have anyone in the ranks who can power us to the title whether its Lukaku, Torres or Drogba.

Who cares... So long as its for a decent fee he won't be missed. We'll just buy someone else.

That is the problem. There is no stability or patience. If that is our attitude the youth players could interpret it the same way. They might perceive that they will never get a chance because of that very reason. We will always buy without giving the young talent a chance. He more than most of the young ones at the Bridge should stay.

Also funny how majority of people are still calling him a coward. Have you heard him say he wants to leave? I have not. Like I said and will say again, it was indicated that he wants to stay and fight for his place. He is not forcing a move. Some people just don't want to accept the possibility that Mourinho does not want him here. I don't think Mourinho wants 4 strikers next season when we will be starting with 1 for majority of the season. Buying Drogba means he obviously is forcing one of Torres or Lukaku out. It is that simple.

Lukaku is the one with the most value and he has scored goals and is still only 21 so common sense would be he stays here but who knows. But with Torres unlikely to move it is likely that Lukaku will go.

As for the people who say Drogba's arrival has nothing do with Lukaku's potential departure. Of course it does. Yes he may look up to him but Lukaku is not a kid. He can get guidance but he is not going to need that for a whole season when he has been scoring goals in the PL for fun for the last 2 seasons. It is ridiculous to think that Drogba will mentor him for a whole season. Like Mourinho said, Drogba has been brought in to add quality. Lukaku imo is being forced out. He realistically could be 4th choice striker here.

Until people hear Lukaku say he wants to leave, this coward nonsense needs to stop because right now I think he is being forced out because we have too many strikers.

Are we really blaming Torres for Lukaku's departure? He's a coward that left on loan to Everton a year ago despite being our top scorer in pre season, he almost certainly would have became a starter if he stayed.

He clearly doesn't fancy his chances up against Costa this year either. Fuck him, as long as we get around £30m I couldn't care less whether he stays or goes.

Madrid nearly won a treble last year with just Benzema upfront all year, Barca have been reliant on Messi for years. A backup striker isn't a necessity now that we have a 30 goal striker.

you think Torres scared him off or Jose not liking him?

i've only skimmed the last few pages of this thread, but i just have two things i would like to put out there.

1) bamford will be better than lukaku in the future.

2) he really needs to realize how lucky he is to play for a club like chelsea at all. some people work their whole lives to play for a club like us, they would kill to play for a top club. he doesn't know what it means to play at the top. he really needs to re-evaluate himself.

hell, i would even be chelsea's 5th goalkeeper and i would love it.

drogba really needs to bitchslap lukaku and tell him what it means to play for chelsea.

1) bamford will be better than lukaku in the future.

Said this a few pages back, glad someone else thinks this too.

2) he really needs to realize how lucky he is to play for a club like chelsea at all. some people work their whole lives to play for a club like us, they would kill to play for a top club. he doesn't know what it means to play at the top. he really needs to re-evaluate himself.

Ehh. That's true, but he wants to play. I agree being a 2nd or 3rd option here is better than being a first option at Everton or Wolfsburg, but he wants to play.

I think last season was Lukaku wanting to leave for guaranteed playing time, but if he gets sold that is down to Mourinho not liking something about him. Whether it's technique, skill, attitude. Either way, Mou knows what he's doing and I agree with whatever he does.

Said this a few pages back, glad someone else thinks this too.

His technique is immense for his age, his finishing is wonderful as well. His attitude is MUCH better than Lukaku's.

Ehh. That's true, but he wants to play. I agree being a 2nd or 3rd option here is better than being a first option at Everton or Wolfsburg, but he wants to play.

I think last season was Lukaku wanting to leave for guaranteed playing time, but if he gets sold that is down to Mourinho not liking something about him. Whether it's technique, skill, attitude. Either way, Mou knows what he's doing and I agree with whatever he does.

Me too, I won't mind if we sell him, I won't mind if we keep him.

Are we really blaming Torres for Lukaku's departure? He's a coward that left on loan to Everton a year ago despite being our top scorer in pre season, he almost certainly would have became a starter if he stayed.

He clearly doesn't fancy his chances up against Costa this year either. Fuck him, as long as we get around £30m I couldn't care less whether he stays or goes.

Madrid nearly won a treble last year with just Benzema upfront all year, Barca have been reliant on Messi for years. A backup striker isn't a necessity now that we have a 30 goal striker.

True...but they also have Ronaldo who scores alot too.

Just popping in to inform you that we are pretty confident he will be signing for us.

Whether we are right, I don't know.

Mourinho won't be having a problem selling him to another PL club. But can you afford £25-30m?

Also you won't be able to keep hold of him anyway if he turns good once again. Another 15-20 goal season and Madrid/City are gonna come calling.

Costa scored 36 goals last season, so is capable of it, even if its more likely he'll get 15-20

The key is getting a big fee for Lukaku, eventually someone will pay £25-£30m for him in desperation, Lukaku basically covering the cost of Costa would potentially be great business