test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

10,989 posts in this topic

I was having this discussion with a friend yesterday. Personally either Rom or Belotti for me.

Belotti is the most like for like replacement for Diego, Rom would be the most physically imposing and a proven PL goal scorer, While Morata would be the smartest and interplay with the rest of the team would be the best. (in my opinion)

I do believe Conte would be able to get the best out of Rom which is why I am warming to the idea of him returning. Young players go through a maturation process as professionals and I think Conte could have the same effect on Rom as he did on Pogba.

If Costa does finally move on I have full faith that whoever we bring in will be Conte approved from what he wants out of his striker which works for me. 

5 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Because... who's available to replace Costa who's back in his 15/16 season form atm? Morata? Please no.

People slamming Lukaku on here but praising Costa at the moment need the get their heads checked. Costa is dogshit at the moment.

Where have I praised Costa's recent performances?

All Diego and Antonio Conte needs is a bonifide 2nd option, that can challenge Diego Costa. We don't have that in Michy Batshuayi, so Diego is a nailed on started week-in, week-out. And although Diego has had a fantastic bill of health this season, we can't trust those hamstrings to hold up next season with UCL football. As long we sign a 2nd Stiker Antonio Conte trusts then we'll be fine next season. 

6 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Based on what? Lukaku has already proven to be a Premier League goalscorer.

So has Jermaine Defoe.

3 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Where have I praised Costa's recent performances?

All Diego and Antonio Conte needs is a bonifide 2nd option, that can challenge Diego Costa. We don't have that in Michy Batshuayi, so Diego is a nailed on started week-in, week-out. And although Diego has had a fantastic bill of health this season, we can't trust those hamstrings to hold up next season with UCL football. As long we sign a 2nd Stiker Antonio Conte trusts then we'll be fine next season. 

Someone eats too much Popeye's. :P

I_Just_Blue_Myself likes this

Just now, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Guilty as charged. Although the key disclaimer here is, "used to." :D

That stuff is crack. Probably has killed more in the African-American community that crack itself.

Makes KFC taste like rubbery shit.

Fuck no. When he's not scoring goals he's freaking useless. 

Would it really be that much to ask to just get a striker that scores goals but who can still contribute in other ways and can actually control a fucking football.

3 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Fuck no. When he's not scoring goals he's freaking useless. 

Would it really be that much to ask to just get a striker that scores goals but who can still contribute in other ways and can actually control a fucking football.

your asking for too much sense mate. 

Miki-Liki likes this

Romelu Lukaku questions Everton’s ambitions to ‘win big trophies’

Striker has rejected new five-year deal at Goodison Park 
 Lukaku: ‘Instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/15/everton-romelu-lukaku-questions-ambition-win-trophies-reject-new-deal

Ouch that hurts to the Everton fans. :D

I now definitely see him coming to Chelsea this summer. Now I wonder if it's just him, because there's also rumors of Morata, Dembele, Belotti and much more. 

But with Lukaku no doubt Conte wants him, and he will want to come back. 

Johnnyeye likes this

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Romelu Lukaku questions Everton’s ambitions to ‘win big trophies’

Striker has rejected new five-year deal at Goodison Park 
 Lukaku: ‘Instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/15/everton-romelu-lukaku-questions-ambition-win-trophies-reject-new-deal

Ouch that hurts to the Everton fans. :D

I now definitely see him coming to Chelsea this summer. Now I wonder if it's just him, because there's also rumors of Morata, Dembele, Belotti and much more. 

But with Lukaku no doubt Conte wants him, and he will want to come back. 

he will come here in a heart beat, but Everton will want silly money for him, expect a Stones type scenario, not worth all that trouble

I'd take him in a flash. But why canr we play him alongside Eden and Diego? Get a couple of yechnically minded players in to properly feed thay yop 3 and they would go crackers! Let them all have Edens freedom to rroam around and defenders wont be able to mark them.

He would play his heart out trying to emulate Drogs who he always wanted to be.

I dont see Diego leaving myself as I think all the lads think they could do OK in Europe with help.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10803236/romelu-lukaku-frustrated-by-everton-transfer-policy-and-says-he-wants-to-win-trophies
in this interview he showed why we should not bring him back, he is so arrogant, like zlatan but without the trophies, we should bring different characters to Chelsea, humble one's that respect the other players, the manager, we don't want another Costa or even worst then him... there were a time that we brought a lot of young players that are good guys azpi, hazard, KDB, mata it's make a good dressing room and help the team to have a strong bond on the pitch, football it's about a team, it's not an individual sport 

Leif likes this

It's bizarre to see a player utterly fail for your team, then want them back when they excel for another. Should we bring back Cuadrado and Salah?

This'd work out as well for us as Pogba going back to United has so far.

Lukaku with his typical blah blah's when we enter the final months of the football season. He did the same thing before the EURO 2016 last year. Interviews where he told he needed to leave Everton because they didn't share the same ambition and he was talking about that a lot of clubs will probably bid for him and stuff.

And not one single club made contact with Raiola last summer. 

blueblood22 likes this

He's a natural goalscorer so would get goals but I'd much rather look at maybe Icardi or Belotti. I have a nagging feeling that he might end up here though.

Beigl likes this

It's bizarre to see a player utterly fail for your team, then want them back when they excel for another. Should we bring back Cuadrado and Salah?
This'd work out as well for us as Pogba going back to United has so far.

Yeah. I guess everyone coming in as a teenager and never being given a shot at one club means they'd be a failure.
Pogba example is another great one. Him failing under 1 coach means he'd fail at that club every time simply because it is that club. Fantastic logic.

Do you do anything other than be pessimistic on this forum?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk