Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

They also suspended Cesc to us, Shaw to United.

That's not the way it works. Every transfer will have the betting suspended as it happens. Just because betting was suspended doesn't mean that it is definitely going to happen, like in the Hulk, Cavani and Falcao cases.

Costa, Torres, Drogba is IMO terrible. Costa gets injured and then we have Drogba who is past it and Torres who is simply shit.

Lukaku must stay or another striker must come in who will fill that 2nd spot. Bony or sth.

Costa, Torres, Drogba is IMO terrible. Costa gets injured and then we have Drogba who is past it and Torres who is simply shit.

Lukaku must stay or another striker must come in who will fill that 2nd spot. Bony or sth.

yeah...our situation with this 3 strikers would not be that much different than in the previous season. drogba is past it as player and torres is torres. if Lukaku leaves we need a new 2nd striker without a doubt.

If that's true... so the player doesn't have balls to stay and fight a deadwood and an ancient (who's probably here to his benefit more than anything else) and prefers to leave and somehow Chelsea suck handling it?

Sorry if that's a hard angle for me to understand. If he leaves AGAIN on his own accord is because he's a big coward. If he had high competition for the spot I'd say well, he's not the bravest guy around, but that's also a hard situation. But last year he had to fight his spot against an old Eto'o, deadwood Torres and I-can-also-score-double-figures-in-mid-tables-teams Ba. Now he has to fight to be #2 against Fernando Fucking Torres and Didier Once-Upon-a-Time-A-Regular Drogba? Sorry if I can't see a big character and personality behind those decisions IF HE DECIDES TO LEAVE.

And I think the comparison with Daniel is a really bad one. Daniel proved at this club - facing off Torres competition when there was still hope about Torres - with Didier still around while he was still THE Didier Drogba. Daniel proved his worth while he was at Chelsea, not loaned somewhere else. The least you can say about Dani is that he stayed to fight for his position and then we fucked up. We can't say the same about Lukaku, can we? He asked to leave last season and who knows if he doesn't ask to leave again. Daniel had better competition when he chose to stay. A guy that runs away from fighting against Ba, Torres and Eto'o and then against Drobga and Torres doesn't deserve a place in this team if you ask me.

All that said, I won't believe some twitter from a guy that gets it right as much as he gets it wrong... But as everyone here is discussing it as a done deal, that's my position. I don't believe the board or Mourinho would allow him to go (unless they plan to bring someone else to replace him), I think if he leaves it'll be because he wants it and we won't stop it. And if that's the case he's never deserved to wear this shirt anyway because if you want to take a #2 position at age 21 in club the size of Chelsea for granted and want everything handed to you in a silver tray without fighting (and then maybe what José told about Costa - who got nothing for free in his life and had to fight for everything he's conquered - was already alluding to a possible Lukaku departure, as he has all info and we don't) you simply don't deserve to be here.

no he's not a coward for wanting to leave. what idot would want to play for a coach that doesn't rate? He chose Torres and Ba over Lukaku last year, why would he want to come back to that? have you compared the way Jose speaks of our players to the way he talks about Lukaku?

people forget players have the SAME EXACT loyalty to a club as you have for your employer; if your boss is detrimental your career you leave to a company that'll give you a fair chance.

no he's not a coward for wanting to leave. what idot would want to play for a coach that doesn't rate? He chose Torres and Ba over Lukaku last year, why would he want to come back to that? have you compared the way Jose speaks of our players to the way he talks about Lukaku?

people forget players have the SAME EXACT loyalty to a club as you have for your employer; if your boss is detrimental your career you leave to a company that'll give you a fair chance.

Lukaku asked for the loan move last year.

I dont care what what Lukaku's weakness are, he was more productive than Torres and Ba 2 years ago and Jose knew that.

Lukaku has less weaknesses than Oscar and Ramires but lukaku is criticized to hell because "he doesn't hold the ball". And because of that he's not good enough for chelsea. But a midfielder that can't pass? and a #10 that can't create? or a striker that can't score? are all good enough for Chelsea

Lukaku has been better than oscar the past two years.

Why are people linking Drogba's arrival with Lukaku's potential departure? because the arrival of Drogba means we most likely wont be able to REPLACE Lukaku, unless we manage to sell the useless cunt, Torres, which is highly unlikely. We have to sell two players in our squad as it is so we definitely wont have 4 strikers. I am happy with Drogba coming back, he knows Chelsea inside out, he's a leader but lets face it he's past his best... we shouldn't be pinning our hopes on a 36 year old to be our second striker.

Now regarding Lukaku, his attitude is appalling, he talks too much and should learn his place BUT how can we speculate and say he's not willing to fight for his place next season? if Jose went to him and said "i trust you 100 percent and we need you next season" than i'm sure he'll stay... lets be honest Jose could convince a straight man he's gay ffs. I still obviously haven't changed my tune regarding his attitude, i think these past months he's been acting like a petulant child.

With all the reports coming out (respectable ones) saying Jose doesn't rate him than i have no problem with him wanting to leave or Chelsea selling, but at least replace him with someone half decent, who also fits our style. Tbh i can understand why Jose doesn't rate him. his first touch is poor, little to no hold up play, dribbling in tight space is relatively poor... Gary Neville even alluded to all that, but he still scores goals and is our second best striker, lets be honest about that.

Again i know I may be jumping the gun, but with all these reports the last few weeks, i honestly think he'll be sold.

Lukaku asked for the loan move last year.

he did that after speaking to Jose last year. trust me, he didn't just walk into the locker room and see Torres and Ba and run to Jose in fear asking for a loan away. Jose doesn't just pick the best 11, he includes alot of personal feelings in selecting his squad.

Well maybe if Lukaku will learn how to shoot with the ball instead of a pass on penalty maybe Mou would rate him after. :ph34r:

Why are people linking Drogba's arrival with Lukaku's potential departure? because the arrival of Drogba means we most likely wont be able to REPLACE Lukaku, unless we manage to sell the useless cunt, Torres, which is highly unlikely. We have to sell two players in our squad as it is so we definitely wont have 4 strikers. I am happy with Drogba coming back, he knows Chelsea inside out, he's a leader but lets face it he's past his best... we shouldn't be pinning our hopes on a 36 year old to be our second striker.

Now regarding Lukaku, his attitude is appalling, he talks too much and should learn his place BUT how can we speculate and say he's not willing to fight for his place next season? if Jose went to him and said "i trust you 100 percent and we need you next season" than i'm sure he'll stay... lets be honest Jose could convince a straight man he's gay ffs. I still obviously haven't changed my tune regarding his attitude, i think these past months he's been acting like a petulant child.

With all the reports coming out (respectable ones) saying Jose doesn't rate him than i have no problem with him wanting to leave or Chelsea selling, but at least replace him with someone half decent, who also fits our style. Tbh i can understand why Jose doesn't rate him. his first touch is poor, little to no hold up play, dribbling in tight space is relatively poor... Gary Neville even alluded to all that, but he still scores goals and is our second best striker, lets be honest about that.

Again i know I may be jumping the gun, but with all these reports the last few weeks, i honestly think he'll be sold.

If we sell him then the replacement has to be someone that is not in the mold of Costa/Drogba.

We don't need another target man.

Here is when Torres would have been awesome if he was half the player he was at Liverpool!

So I think it has to be someone in the type of Chicharito/Kalou player. A pure poacher.

It would have been Mandžukić, but he's of. So I don't know who will that be unless Mourinho sees as Schurle the option with maybe adding a youth....but the youth is pushing it.

We all would love Bamford to come into the set up and leave us dazzling.

But I have no faith in our youth policy. I will believe when I see it, like doubting Thomas. B)

If we sell him then the replacement has to be someone that is not in the mold of Costa/Drogba.

We don't need another target man.

Here is when Torres would have been awesome if he was half the player he was at Liverpool!

So I think it has to be someone in the type of Chicharito/Kalou player. A pure poacher.

It would have been Mandžukić, but he's of. So I don't know who will that be unless Mourinho sees as Schurle the option with maybe adding a youth....but the youth is pushing it.

We all would love Bamford to come into the set up and leave us dazzling.

But I have no faith in our youth policy. I will believe when I see it, like doubting Thomas. B)

PQIgWvB.gif

PQIgWvB.gif

Kalou was really good for us.

Compare to what Torres offer us, Kalou was a good poacher.

The Kalou, and Chicharito are not world class player but we can't have world class player sitting in the bench.

Poachers are just that, like Dzeko able to come into the game and get a goal here and there.

Dzeko is actually above these two lots, but that's the idea a poacher.

A player in that mold is what we need if Lukaku leaves.

Kalou was really good for us.

Compare to what Torres offer us, Kalou was a good poacher.

The Kalou, and Chicharito are not world class player but we can't have world class player sitting in the bench.

Poachers are just that, like Dzeko able to come into the game and get a goal here and there.

Dzeko is actually above these two lots, but that's the idea a poacher.

A player in that mold is what we need if Lukaku leaves.

We could get Balo, if he gets his head fixed he would be awesome

If Lukaku leaves, it pretty much locks the team into replacing him with a HG/U21 player or going into the season w/ Costa/Torres/Drogba as the only options.

That's a tough corner to be painted in, and I have to think the board/Jose are smarter than that.

don't understand how he's done everything to succeed? I mean azpilicueta was benched at the beginning of the season, dug in and made himself irreplaceable in the team. That's doing everything. Lukaku has done nout but moan

I tottaly agree that he does moan and i hate that behaviour, but he also does everything needed to succeed.

Look i never was a fan of Lukaku since i think he's a limited player but he's still a player that do everything in his power to make it to the verry top level in football, the mentality needed is there with him even if he talks to much( wich i hate).

The guy is still on holiday but he go train with his former team Anderlecht just to be ready for Chelsea and that earns my respect.

He's a workhorse and thats what got him so far in worldfootball even with his limited skills and tbf sometimes i hope Hazard would have the same mentality like Lukaku does because im convinced with that he would be the world greatest but sadly he does not.