Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

It's not always the club's decision. If he wants to leave, the board won't keep him against his will.

He said he wants to stay and fight for his place. It seems if he goes it is down to Mourinho. If we had got Shaw the HG rule would not be as much bother but it is clear that we need to take the HG rule seriously, especially for the UCL. But if Everton make a huge bid got a bad feeling we will sell. We should keep him along this season regardless. I can't see him wanting to leave unless he feels pushed out as 3rd striker once again. But even with Drogba here I am hoping this is a boost for Lukaku.

He said he wants to stay and fight fo his place. It seems if he goes it is down to Mourinho. If we had got Shaw the HG rule would not be as much bother but it is clear that we need to take the HG rule seriously, especially for the UCL. But if Everton make a huge bid got a bad feeling we will sell. We should keep him along this season regardless. I can't see him wanting to leave unless he feels pushed out as 3rd striker once again. But even with Drogba here I am hoping this is a boost for Lukaku.

The thing is, we don't really know what in the players' heads. They often say one thing and think and do completely another. Let's face it: it's not like Lukaku has never expressed his unwillingness to fight for his place before. He hinted and implied numerous times that he deserves better than to sit on the bench. So I don't believe that it's only down to the club whether he leaves or not. It's not that simple. It rarely is.

"Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to join VfL for a €25m transfer" #CFC #EFC (via @PhilipHarmeling)

Think Romelu needs a good talking too but I still wish he were staying at the club since he has the potential to be really good. I reckon this transfer is all Romelu's doing, didn't want to face competition at the club.

Jose must have had enough. If Mourinho feels he can't manage him then I have no problem in the club selling him. There are simply too my warning signs when it comes to him and he's not half as good as he thinks he is.

Feel we're being shafted a bit though. We should be getting at least £30m on him, put that money in the bank for when the next big striker comes onto the scene.

If he doesn't want to sign an extension then it makes perfect sense to sell. I'm just hoping its for more than £19m didn't we buy him for 18m?

That's why I'm a bit wary regarding these reports. Surely we can get far more than the reported fee for him? Especially with the prices players like supposedly Borini are going for.

SMH so we bring back Drogba to only go on and sell Lukaku?? I really wonder what goes through our board's minds sometimes to be honest, just when I thought we will finally have a balanced transfer window <_<:angry:

Maybe Drogba was only brought back because Lukaku was going. Jose didn't feel he could get a good replacement or it would too costly so he brought Didier back.

"Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to join VfL for a €25m transfer" #CFC #EFC (via @PhilipHarmeling)

Think Romelu needs a good talking too but I still wish he were staying at the club since he has the potential to be really good. I reckon this transfer is all Romelu's doing, didn't want to face competition at the club.

He said he wants to fight for his place. Maybe it is Jose just not wanting him. When Drogba arrived in the week he stated in his own words that he believes he is one of the best strikers in the world. When have you ever heard Mourinho compliment Lukaku? Mourinho imo wants Costa, Drogba and unfortunately Torres as his main strikers. While Lukaku might want to stay, Mourinho might just want the transfer fee. Anyway nothing surprises me with how we treat and sell on players who deserve to stay. This is probably another one which we will look back on in regret.