Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I like Lukaku, think he may even have a role to play at Chelsea but man does he ever make it hard for himself. Clearly his body has matured 10x as quickly as his mind. He thinks he's the finished article when most would think hasn't even formulated a thesis.

Now he says he wants to play for a team in the champions league? Like who?

Prem - Chelsea, Liverpool, Arse?

La Liga - Atleti, Barca, Real, Bilbao?

Serie A - Juventus, Roma, Napoli?

Bundesliga - Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer?

Ligue 1 - PSG, Monaco, Lille?

Eredivisie- Ajax, Feyenoord?

Only a few teams here would have a need and they likely can't afford him. He needs to shut the fuck up and get on the practice pitch to work on his game. Too much talk from a guy who hasn't done much.

What a fantastic young man and what a great attitude. Fought for his spot at both club and national level, didn't moan or throw a strop when he wasn't first choice and brought the goods when he got his chance. In fact he seems to work harder when he has these obstacles put in front of him and will now be a key part of our squad going forward. Always says the right things too and got the rewards he deserved.

An absolutely fantastic young lad and a great role model.

EDIT - oops, should be in the Schurrle thread. :whistling:

No you moron, I think you mean the Azpilicueta thread :rant::readthemessage:

I said before but for someone with his physique he should be more than a bloody goalscorer or 'finisher', he has the pace and strength to bully defenders, but shame about the Control, technique, hold up play and dribbling. Everton fans last year complained about the fact that 9 times out of 10 he'll ruin their attack by either misplacing a pass, getting tackled or losing out on a 50/50 header.

The complete 'modern day' strikers were already great with the ball at their feet from a early age, it was more about being consistent and getting stronger to compete with men, Aguero, Suarez, Benzema, Ronaldo, Tevez etc. Lukaku is the opposite, he already had the strength and pace but just doesn't have the technical ability.. it's easy to gain lean muscle, it's much harder to improve football wise.

Im actually not defending anyone really, LOL. But some things are put in the guys mouth a bit overzealously in my opinion on this forum. There is simply no denying that fact at all.

nor can you deny that there have been enough direct quotes from lukaku himself for people not to defend him over some of these statements... people here are, for the most part, smart enough to recognize media spin when they see it. This isn't what this lukaku situation is about, there have been plenty of long quotes from him, not out of context, for us fans to know where he stands on striker competition, wanting to being loaned out/leave, whoring himself out to other clubs etc...

I wouldn't say he's scared but he surely shouldn't have the unnecessary pressure of dealing with 2 subpar strikers after outperforming them. Lukaku will get more playing time if he's competing with 2 strikers rather than 3. The quality of his competition does not matter.

shouldn't have lol? he didn't outperform them at chelsea, he chose to leave for fear of lack of playing time... andthis is chelsea fc we're talking about! there are ALWAYS going to be other strikers at the club... either he deals with it and fights for his place or he GTFO, there is no middle ground

Alvaro Morata to Juventus is a done deal and Di Marzio says that Lukaku was the back-up plan in case the deal was off because he has two years left in his contract and he won't renew.

If this is true, then I think Jose should ship him out while his market value is still high - He'll be worthless in a year from now.

I'm one of his biggest fans, followed him since his early days, I also have a Anderlecht shirt with him, but if he is too stubborn and he can't accept the squad role at 21, what should Chelsea expect from him at 25-26? To ask for the captaincy? To ask the club to rename the stadium to "Lukaku stadium"?

He used to be such a humble kid before signing for that bastard Mino Raiola.

I like Lukaku, think he may even have a role to play at Chelsea but man does he ever make it hard for himself. Clearly his body has matured 10x as quickly as his mind. He thinks he's the finished article when most would think hasn't even formulated a thesis.

Now he says he wants to play for a team in the champions league? Like who?

Prem - Chelsea, Liverpool, Arse?

La Liga - Atleti, Barca, Real, Bilbao?

Serie A - Juventus, Roma, Napoli?

Bundesliga - Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer? Add Wolfsburg !

Ligue 1 - PSG, Monaco, Lille?

Eredivisie- Ajax, Feyenoord?

Only a few teams here would have a need and they likely can't afford him. He needs to shut the fuck up and get on the practice pitch to work on his game. Too much talk from a guy who hasn't done much.

Yep. Not much left. Though reports are increasing which tell that Wolfsburg have achieved pretty much in the negotitations with lukaku. Let's see. As far as I am concerned, Lukaku can fuck off. I'd choose Costa over Lukaku every time!

Romelu Lukaku and Thibaut Courtois drop hints they are staying at Stamford Bridge.

I presume he is staying put!

http://n.mynews.ly/!QB.Bjtue

So, he just change it recently. Could means he has talked with Jose? He mentioned he want to talk with a club several times before.

So, he just change it recently. Could means he has talked with Jose? He mentioned he want to talk with a club several times before.

I presume something must have happened. Let's hope he has his head in the right place now, and starts doing his talking on the pitch!