Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Present me with a legit source quoting he expects to be first striker at Chelsea, I haven't seen one. It would indeed be delusional, which would be strange for a relatively intelligent guy.

I don't think he has a future here because I think Mourinho doesn't rate him and he's already lost a large part of the fans.

"For my development and with the World Cup coming up at the end of the season, I cannot afford to stay on the bench," Lukaku said, while on international duty with Belgium.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lukaku-expects-regular-playing-time-everton#LAIoW2ij4Irs3VIh.99

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/487441/Romelu-Lukaku-desperate-to-leave-Chelsea-but-set-to-spurn-20m-offer-from-Tottenham

He said: "What I don't want is to be loaned out.

"I am 21 and I have been loaned for the last two seasons. Thibaut Courtois was loaned for three seasons and will be without doubt the first-choice Chelsea goalkeeper.

"And Kevin De Bruyne has been transferred permanently to Wolfsburg. They are free in their heads - it is not my case. That would free me totally."

Furthermore, Lukaku has made no secret of his desire to continue his development by playing the in the Champions League next term - something Spurs can't offer.

He added: "I don't know - there are several clubs that are interested.

"I need to make a good decision to reach the absolute top so that I can score a goal like Higuain against us. It is a dream for every attacker.

"Higuain has evolved slowly into becoming a top player. I want to show what I can do and play in the Champions League with a big club.

"The decision will soon be taken. I have some ideas but we will have to see what is best for the clubs. I don't want to negotiate before the clubs have come to an agreement."

Please sell him!

Mourinho : 'Romelu likes to speak' , 'Maybe there is a new rule in football where when the season finishes every player is able to decide their own future.'.

When Mourinho first made these comments about Lukaku being a talkative irritant, I thought they were over the top. But as time has shown, Jose was spot on in his analysis of this kid. Lukaku was signed by us for 18 mil pounds at age 17. So far he's contributed absolutely nothing to Chelsea, thinking it's his birthright to waltz into the starting XI of a European giant club without earning it first.

He continues to talk and talk and he gives off the impression that he could care less about us despite all the "I dream about playing in this stadium" bollocks. He is very self-centered and only cares about himself. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. The career of a football player is very short and you have to look out for yourself, but at least do it with some dignity and respect for the fans who dedicate their mental energy and time to watching your progress and hoping you'll be the "new Drogba" at this club. However, Lukaku will never be a new Drogba because of his self-entitled attitude. He will go to an Atletico Madrid or Monaco or wherever and make an absolute fool of himself. His mediocre performance at the world cup has probably reduced his value by the odd "X" amount of pounds.

Selling him for anything less than 30 mil pounds will be the worst thing we can do. We have to make a decision though. He has only 2 years on his contract. It's either we sell him now or loan him again and risk losing him on a free. By far the best option is to keep him. Being a "second" striker means nothing. Dzeko started as Man City's third striker but became the first name on the team sheet. Teams like City can have four strikers, but we can't keep two? It's delusional to think we can win the league with Costa, Torres and Ba unless we act quickly now and bring in a Mandzukic. Again, anybody striker we sign from now on will be given the tag of "second" striker.

Unlike what now seems to be most here, I'm still willing to give the kid another chance IF he is willing to humble himself. He's still a kid afterall. He's only 21 and he was a star in Belgium since he was 16 (!) He's probably used to people telling him how special he is and whatnot. His behaviour so far has been very unprofessional and borderline strange, but he's done nothing unforgivable. Some of the reactions here are slightly OTT.

I am at a point now where I want him to go and go for the right price.

I was actually talking this over with a friend at the weekend, I said he will go to a top club or an average then to a top club, float around for a few years, filter down to the average teams and phase out.

I said he will go to a top club or an average then to a top club, float around for a few years, filter down to the average teams and phase out.

Quoted for truth..

on the forum everybody Always say we bought him for 18 mil POUNDS

in the belgian press they say it was 10 mil + 7mil add-ons EURO'S

so who is right.

i would say you are all wrong because you all believe what you read in the press

everybody is whining he talks to much,yes you read a lot about him

now you read a story in another context as 2 weeks ago and you all say he talked again.

maybe the press has nothing else to wright about.

1 thing i agree with he Always seem to say the wrong things.

what he really needs is a pr-manager who knows what to say and when to shut his mouth

I am at a point now where I want him to go and go for the right price.

I was actually talking this over with a friend at the weekend, I said he will go to a top club or an average then to a top club, float around for a few years, filter down to the average teams and phase out.

Yup I feel the same.

In line to be just another Heskey.