Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

See you're probably right, but yesterday is not a good indicator. You know how many good passes Lukaku got in the entire match? Absolutely zero. Was absolutely frustrating for him in my opinion. He was perfectly placed for the Hazard pass Chadli intercepted and ruined at the end of the first half. He might have scored if he got that one, we'll never know.

That wasn't too different from what we play against a lot of the time though and I thought he was pretty poor. His movement was terrible and he'd sometimes come quite deep to pick up the ball, but just be two yards away from the guy in possession. The when he'd drop off to receive the ball his first touch would let him down.

Let's not forget he was injured very recently and it did show. He didn't look to be moving too freely which is why I think he was replaced.

That wasn't too different from what we play against a lot of the time though and I thought he was pretty poor. His movement was terrible and he'd sometimes come quite deep to pick up the ball, but just be two yards away from the guy in possession. The when he'd drop off to receive the ball his first touch would let him down.

Let's not forget he was injured very recently and it did show. He didn't look to be moving too freely which is why I think he was replaced.

My point was that the rest of the team sucked as well, and there was absolutely no distribution to him, which is why he had to come so deep to get a ball..

By "complete striker" did he mean complete as in peaked in ability, or complete as in having the necessary tools to be able to do everything a la Drogba and Ibrahimovic? Well, whatever it was, it was a poor choice of words.

Still rooting for Belgium and Lukaku though!

A striker's job is to score goals. Quibbling over 'all round contribution' is the sort of woolly thinking that justifies Fernando Torres' continued existence as a professional footballer. If they can do other things, then that's brilliant, but the primary attribute, especially in this age of the lone striker, absolutely has to be how well they can put away chances. Especially at a team like Chelsea, which has struggled in that department for a fairly long period now.

In terms of poor technical ability and giving away possession , he's just as frustrating as they come however his positive outweighs his negative and there's room for him in the squad if he's willing to play second fiddle. We should accept him for what he is as he's never going to be a suarez for e.g. I blame those that scouted him and felt he's a right fit for the type of team we are building and also failed to take into account that the way 80 percent of teams we face set up against us renders Lukaku's attribute useless.

If people are expecting his technical ability to improve past this point and turn into zlatan they might as well believe in santa claus and tooth fairy.

Is that meant to be a good or bad thing?

Kinda bad. Heskey also promised a lot but his first touches was always horrible.

They guy ain't good enough yet to be with us, and for second striker is okay but he needs more games to get better.

Thus is better to try to secure a loan to atlético. If he stays there for 2 years he might come back as a complete striker.

Kinda bad. Heskey also promised a lot but his first touches was always horrible.

They guy ain't good enough yet to be with us, and for second striker is okay but he needs more games to get better.

Thus is better to try to secure a loan to atlético. If he stays there for 2 years he might come back as a complete striker.

I would really not want to loan him out again. I think we should convince him to be the second striker and with a fair chance to win his place in the starting 11

I'm not starting this whole discussion again, but if he'd been given a real chance he'd not be talking shit.

Also Everton and West Brom have a place for him? That's strange. I thought the names that were mentioned were Atletico & Juventus to name just a few. Don't lie just to make yourself feel better.

He also asked for a loan because Ba and goddamn Torres got starts before he got one.

Funny you mention Ba he scored a high number of goals for the 5th best team in the league in 2012, just like Lukaku in 2014.

When his goals at Everton get used as evidence he will succeed here I cringe, as that logic didn't work for Ba.

Funny you mention Ba he scored a high number of goals for the 5th best team in the league in 2012, just like Lukaku in 2014.

When his goals at Everton get used as evidence he will succeed here I cringe, as that logic didn't work for Ba.

Ba was more worthwhile than Torres this year, scoring about a goal every three matches (since a lot of them were only a couple of minutes long coming of the bench that's not bad). Torres on the other hand scored a goal about every four matches. Most of these matches were longer than Ba's.

Yet Torres keeps on playing. Familiar? :)

These pages would be on the 368 mark had Lukaku been playing in Costa's position tonight but surprise, surprise the excuses for Costa are that he has recieved no support. BTW that is true but it is funny that when it is Lukaku it is that it is his fault. Some people just wait to pounce and slate you unfortunately because they have made their mind up.

The bar is set lower for Costa because he isn't the self-proclaimed 'complete striker' who is too good to be on our bench.

As it is Costa is actually getting criticised in his thread. Truth is both players are being let down a bit by those around them, although Costa is getting in good positions and just laid it on a plate for Busquets.

The bar should be set higher for him because he is reported to be joining us for 32 million and is older. Costa imo has had 2 awful games. You are not one of them but it annoys me when people set one type of standards for one player and different for another. The slate he was getting here was way overboard yesterday. He was poor but the creativity from the midfield was poor while Lukaku was playing.