Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I think the whole team was poor - very poor!

Lukaku didn't do the basics well enough though - didnt work the channels, first touch was poor etc. that's why he was subbed.

I know it's poor to critiscise one player, so I'm not. The whole team stank and I wanted Algeria to at least get a draw.

I think this weight of expectation is fucking with them, more than it did with England...

If this is Lukaku letting his footballing doing the talking, then he best get ringing journos again :) (JOKE!!!!)

I think it was also the lack of WC experience only Van Buyten had played in a WC game previously.

I only want him to stay so we can have a decent 2nd choice - since I don't think Mou will get another striker after Costa.

If he leaves we'll be stuck with Torres. And he will play a lot because Costa is 100% likely to be banned by the FA for something.

Just to put things into perspective, Chicharito had more goals than Lukaku in his 1st 2 seasons at MU despite being a sub most of the time.

i really want to see the stats.

So chicharito scored more than 17 goals + 15 goals those 2 past seasons?

Please give me the link

It looked like AVB was in charge in those 55-60 minutes he was on the pitch. Belgium had an awful game - no movement, long shots, slow possesion game, a striker that never touched the ball, no ideas. Horror. Just like Tottenham and Soldado.

I won't join the bandwagoon and slate him after a poor game. He is a good chap and I'm expecting him to deliver in the next matches.

Still, he has to work on that fucking first touch. It's like that ball is hitting a wall everytime.

People have seen Origi for first time who had decent game, now suddenly saying we should sell Lukaku and buy Origi...thats just one big LOL

I saw Origi few times in Lille and he is raw, has great speed and very nice dribbling, but his finishing and decision making is still raw. Anyway my point is how people can imagine Origi will fit in our team? He is waaay too young and raw to be our second striker or whatever people think he is. First he is more winger than pure striker and no way he could make it here next season.

The proper Lukaku replacement for example would be Benteke or sbd, but I would still keep Lukaku for at least another year and see what happens.

On his game, his first touch is terrible, awfull and he gets dispossesed way too easy. But he can improve that, think of Lewandowski.

Seems like some people don't watch French football. Origi has played well for a few months at Lille, but he ain't even on Lukaku's level.

Lukaku probably won't start the next match, but that has nothing to do with his ability.

Seems like some people don't watch French football. Origi has played well for a few months at Lille, but he ain't even on Lukaku's level.

Lukaku probably won't start the next match, but that has nothing to do with his ability.

He will start, since Russia is not Algeria.

He will start, since Russia is not Algeria.

Not sure what that has got to do with it. He played poor, and no one can say any different. Wilmots might rewarded his subs with starting places.

Not sure what that has got to do with it. He played poor, and no one can say any different. Wilmots might rewarded his subs with starting places.

Lukaku was poor but he definitely will start against Russia. Well Origi won't start. If he was to drop Lukaku he probably would play Mirallas up front but can't see him doing that. Not denyig Origi made an impact when he came on but he was a good option of the bench and I think Wilmots will use him the same way against Russia.

Lukaku was poor but he definitely will start against Russia. Well Origi won't start. If he was to drop Lukaku he probably would play Mirallas up front but can't see him doing that. Not denyig Origi made an impact when he came on but he was a good option of the bench and I think Wilmots will use him the same way against Russia.

I don't it will happen, but why couldn't Fellaini start as CF?

It has something to do with it because Russia won't park bus like Algeria, so he can have more chances to impact the game.

It has something to do with it because Russia won't park bus like Algeria, so he can have more chances to impact the game.

He might not make an impact against Russia. Not sure why the way both teams might play comes into consideration. He might play the same as he did today. It all depends on how Wilmots wants to play.

Algeria completely parked the bus. Lukaku did not get one decent pass in the entire match. He tends to shine against offensive teams, so in my opinion he'll start against Russia.