Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Expect him to be excellent at the World Cup and have quite a few offers from some top clubs around Europe. Despite that, I think José keeps him and he'll get plenty of games for us.

For someone who's still a tad bit iffy bat Costa I'd feel great entering the season with Lukaku as another option. He can be a massive weapon to unleash on sides and must be kept.

“I only know one thing and that is that, in my opinion, Chelsea are still the biggest club in England and they have a very, very good manager,” Lukaku was recently quoted as saying.

“I have a contract with Chelsea after this summer and I am not focusing on any move to Atletico.

:rolleyes:

How can Man City have 3 world class strikers in the same team, Aguero, Dzenko, and Jovetic. And we cant have a world class strikers and lukaku?

Jovetic started two PL matches last season and made 11 substitute appearances so even though we was injured quite a lot that's not really the best of arguments. Anyway, they also have Negredo who actually got a lot of games but City play with two strikers so three or four is minimum for them.

No one is saying we shouldn't be able to have a world class striker (Costa) and Lukaku in the team but it all depends on what Lukaku himself wants. Mourinho rotates his strikers a lot, we saw that at Real Madrid with Benzema / Higuain and also at Chelsea last season with Eto'o, Torres and Ba so Lukaku certainly would be getting a lot of games even if he was number two on paper but judging by his recent comments he would prefer to be the number one, if not at Chelsea then somewhere else. Costa and Lukaku would IMO be the perfect strikeforce for us next season but I would understand selling Lukaku for a hefty fee if the lad is not willing to stay because it's not good for anyone's sake to keep unhappy players at the club.