Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

he believed that last year cos he WAS without a doubt our best striker ahead of torres and ba.

So he believed that, but still asked to leave because he didn't think he'd get enough games. There's a weird logic going on there.

Yes he's said he loves this club and we have a great manager. He's also requested to leave this club. He's all over the place and seems to act on his emotions without thinking which is a slightly worrying trait when assessing young talent.

He will score goals wherever he goes, but the Premier League has seen plenty of players who have done that. There's a difference between being a good goalscorer and being a winner and it all comes down to attitude. Jose Mourinho values very little higher than attitude and that's what might see Lukaku leaving the club.

he believed that last year cos he WAS without a doubt our best striker ahead of torres and ba. now we are talking with costa in our roster. 2 very different things. also, i hope he gets matured with age and knows his limits. easy for a 20 year old striker scoring 17 goals to think that he would be the alpha man at a club with a major striker issue.

he has said that he loves the club and would like to stay and play here for a long time. i dont see u quoting that. infact has he said, he wants out? i dont think so!!! its basically the media twisting his poorly chosen and said words into a big story.

For once I agree with you ,, But you are wasting your time with TOPTB he just copies and pastes

So he believed that, but still asked to leave because he didn't think he'd get enough games. There's a weird logic going on there.

Yes he's said he loves this club and we have a great manager. He's also requested to leave this club. He's all over the place and seems to act on his emotions without thinking which is a slightly worrying trait when assessing young talent.

He will score goals wherever he goes, but the Premier League has seen plenty of players who have done that. There's a difference between being a good goalscorer and being a winner and it all comes down to attitude. Jose Mourinho values very little higher than attitude and that's what might see Lukaku leaving the club.

i specifically said, torres and ba. there was not anything about a loan until etoo came in towards the end of the window (specially with him missing the penalty). again, in no way am i impying that he chose well to go out on loan, infact i hated that move, but i am not going to hang a sword over his head JUST for that ONE THING.

and thats what jose's is for!!! IF jose dint trust lukaku to be useful, he would have already sold him. we would not have risked his selling proce (at about 20-25mil) right now on his WC performances. i mean, jose did sell kdb!!!

you are faulting lukaku and doubting his "attitude" for asking to go on a loan. fair enough.

i am giving him the benfit of doubt and looking at the positive that he had the guts and the right attitude to lead an everton team and be successful in it. i am simply not going to ignore all his other good attributes like the goal scoring, the potential, the talent cos he made one poor judgement call.

You call playing for 15-20 minutes against Hull and Aston Villa a proper chance?

Had Mourinho seriously counted on him last season, he wouldn't have bought Eto'o.

Azpilicueta didn't get a single minute in those two games yet kept working and working and hey presto, ended up one of the best players in our season and will probably be starting for the defending world champions in the World Cup.
He's a talented young player but has a lot still to prove to even be considered as #1 here, yes i know he scored a lot of goals for the 5th best team in England, so did a certain Seneglese striker in 2012, now who's that again?
With the team's profile, especially with the youth of our AM's, Eto'o was a better option, look up the impact he made on Hazard and the link up play they shared, a 20 year old leading the line with 22 year olds behind him just simply wouldn't have worked.
I have hope for Lukaku and really don't want him sold, at the same time do i believe loaning him out cost us the title? no i don't and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Azpilicueta didn't get a single minute in those two games yet kept working and working and hey presto, ended up one of the best players in our season and will probably be starting for the defending world champions in the World Cup.
He's a talented young player but has a lot still to prove to even be considered as #1 here, yes i know he scored a lot of goals for the 5th best team in England, so did a certain Seneglese striker in 2012, now who's that again?
With the team's profile, especially with the youth of our AM's, Eto'o was a better option, look up the impact he made on Hazard and the link up play they shared, a 20 year old leading the line with 22 year olds behind him just simply wouldn't have worked.
I have hope for Lukaku and really don't want him sold, at the same time do i believe loaning him out cost us the title? no i don't and nothing will convince me otherwise.

That what if game does lead to interesting specualation but ultimately we don't really know. Frankly I think Lukaku could have a made a difference between 3rd and 1st for the simple reason that he creates problems for defenders and he opens up additional space.

What would you guys do?

play after Costa and torres, or go to a club where you can play and become a better player at let's say Everton?

Please understand his reasons, the kid does not want to sit on the bench/Tribune hole the season, let him develop as a player, if that is not at Chelsea, then somewhere else.

Make a contract so you can buy him back for cheap money after 3 years when he is ready for the number 1 position.

The kid needs to play, I think you all agree.

I have seen the documentary and he adores Chelsea, but he wants to play!!

The world cup is the reason he moved, he didn't want to risk being benched here and miss out starting to benteke in a world cup year.

He recently said he made the right choice going to everton and his overall game is more complete, and his back to goal is improved because of that and I also think that it was the right call loaning him to Everton.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/6/9/5793338/chelsea-fc-romelu-lukaku-transfer-news-quotes

"I only know one thing and that is that, in my opinion, Chelsea are still the biggest club in England. And they have a very, very good manager! I have a contract with Chelsea after this summer and I am not focusing on any move to Atletico."

"Let me say that I am now the complete striker. I never thought I was a target man, a No.9 who could play with his back to the goal. I always wanted to run at defenders. That is still a great quality, but now I can do both. I love playing as a real striker in the box now.¡¯¡¯

"I have been playing all season for a team which has more than 60 percent of the time possession of the ball. Technically I have been improving as a player. I play for a manager who makes his team play really good football and I don¡¯t have to chase the ball all the time. Getting the ball so often close to the goal becomes a natural thing.

"My concentration is better than ever on finishing, rather than on running with the ball. I am absolutely convinced that moving to Evertonwas the best step in my career. When you feel everything is working out, it makes you so relaxed and happy as a player in big matches.¡¯¡¯

I like the fact that he is confident but he's not even close to being a complete striker :lol: Next season i would love Costa, Lukaku, Torres/Ba strike force. Lukaku needs to keep his feet on the ground and remain humble like he was when we first signed him, remember how happy he was to be at Stamford Bridge?

I'm almost certain he'll leave by now.

Is Chelsea interested in Mandzukic btw? That would of course seal the deal for good...

Sounds like there is interest from us reading around. I honestly think our three strikers next season could very well be Costa, Mandzukic and Torres

What would you guys do?

play after Costa and torres, or go to a club where you can play and become a better player at let's say Everton?

Please understand his reasons, the kid does not want to sit on the bench/Tribune hole the season, let him develop as a player, if that is not at Chelsea, then somewhere else.

Make a contract so you can buy him back for cheap money after 3 years when he is ready for the number 1 position.

The kid needs to play, I think you all agree.

I have seen the documentary and he adores Chelsea, but he wants to play!!

I would have him sign a new contract and loan him to Atlético for at least 2 years.

Maybe he can have a similar impact like courtois?

So? But he did start a game later on. A proper chance in my opinion means actually starting a game. Against Hull for example, we had a 2-0 lead, and by the time he came on, nobody was playing.

The loan was a good move for him, got enough play time (more than he would've got had he stayed, look at Ba for example) to get called up for the World Cup. Every player should think of what's best for them...

Not sure if it's true, but I'll just put it here.

Lukaku : "I only know one thing and that is that, in my opinion, Chelsea are still the biggest club in England. And they have a very, very good manager! I have a contract with Chelsea after this summer and I am not focusing on any move to Atletico.”

So? But he did start a game later on. A proper chance in my opinion means actually starting a game. Against Hull for example, we had a 2-0 lead, and by the time he came on, nobody was playing.

The loan was a good move for him, got enough play time (more than he would've got had he stayed, look at Ba for example) to get called up for the World Cup. Every player should think of what's best for them...

Not sure if it's true, but I'll just put it here.

Lukaku : "I only know one thing and that is that, in my opinion, Chelsea are still the biggest club in England. And they have a very, very good manager! I have a contract with Chelsea after this summer and I am not focusing on any move to Atletico.”

and how do we know Lukaku wouldn't have? Azpi waited months and got his reward. He would have probably been rotating with Eto'o by Christmas.
Regarding the quotes, i haven't jumped on any of them, you can check my posting history.