Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Read the interview and explain to me what context it was meant in. Because all I see is a child throwing his toys out of his pram because he isn't first choice.

#lukakuaid

So have you seen the actual interview now? Maybe you judged the situation too quickly. Now it looks like me and Zolayes was proven right. People trying to just cause unnecessary rifts. That is why I say wait until the real context of what he said comes out because I would never believed he would have said that.

Here we go, the actual translation of the quotes he made in an interview with a Belgian website (as translated by someone on Twitter):

"With Chelsea I saw a lot of good strikers come and go the last years, so we'll see what the future brings. I know a lot of clubs are interested in me, but first I want to play a good WC. If we do well there, everyone wins." That's it, no more.

He's basically just saying that he knows that his future at Chelsea is not guaranteed which is only realistic. Nothing about wanting to leave what so ever.

Fuck the daily fail. This is low, even for them!

I was waiting for confirmation on whether the earlier arrogant quote I saw before I rain down insults on the nerve to say "other clubs are interested in me"

Glad he's not that stupid. But seriously, Belgium players need to hire a public relations manager its as if every single thing a Belgium player says is translated to be offensive.

Ok so it seems we were too quick to run to Lukaku's defence even though the translations are quite different.

“Well, Chelsea buy players every summer don’t they? There has always been fierce competition for places at Chelsea and with Torres, Ba and now Costa, this year wont be any different.”

“On the other hand, there is an awful lot of interest in me from other clubs. If you want to believe that means 1+1 is 2, well yes, I guess you could be right. I consider myself to be a complete striker and Chelsea are fully aware of how I feel about the current situation.”

“What I want to do now is concentrate on playing well for Belgium in the World Cup, that is good for everybody! We’ll see after the World Cup what crosses my path.”

http://wk.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2014-06-06/lukaku-lijkt-aan-te-sturen-op-vertrek-bij-chelsea-er-is-heel-wat-interesse

l-5635.jpg

I know a couple of those goals were scored in the Belgian league, but goals are goals!

I honestly don't know what's happening behind closed doors anymore. We have the best young striker in the world and there's so much uncertainty about keeping him? This should be an absolute no brainer!

l-5635.jpg

I don't know how real this is, but it speaks volumes. I honestly don't know what's happening behind closed doors anymore. We have the best young striker in the world and there's so much uncertainty about keeping him? This should be an absolute no brainer!

Same case with Courtois with his Clean Sheets ratio. We would be very stupid not to keep them both. And I believe Jose is not stupid. The only stumbling block are their ego.

he just can't help it... :)

talking about the game is for the "pundits" (aka paid fans) and regular fans like us. The actual paid professionals in football act with their wallets, or rather their employer's wallet.

The players should just play.

Any information on his agent? Seems like he's not very keen on Lukaku playing for Chelsea.

Same case with Courtois with his Clean Sheets ratio. We would be very stupid not to keep them both.

It's disgusting really. Sometimes I wonder if the people in charge care about the long term success of this team or their personal glory alone. It will be absolutely ridiculous if we start next season with a strike force of Costa, Torres and Ba.

We still don't know how Costa is going to perform in a new league with a completely different football philosophy. We KNOW Ba and Torres are shite and not good enough to wear the shirt. We won't win shit with those three. After what Torres, Ba and Eto'o put us through, I fully expect our board to get rid of two of them (preferably all three, but Torres is hard to move because of his wages). Eto'o is gone. Next should be Ba. Anything less than that and we're begging for a repeat of failure. UNLESS we go out and spend money on a Mandzuvic. But a Mandzuvic won't leave Bayern to be our second striker.

Every place in the squad should be earned, but we need to treat this with kid's gloves. There's absolutely no reason why Lukaku can't play 20+ games next season, even with Costa here. You don't win anything with just one striker! We have never won the league before with just one good striker.

Anyway, let's just hope our board are not this stupid. We look like we have Costa, Fabregas and Luis. Why piss in the Caviar by allowing this one to drag and drag. Mourinho, someone make a statement and say this boy is not for sale at ANY price. We clearly don't feel that way though, because if we did, Lukaku won't have said that.

Can't believe how people are that stupid over here.

Believe in Daily fail if you want, but don't spit in every thread btw.

Shame on you you are all overacting bitches

A wrong translation, and you are all crying like a 10 year child, grow a pair and shut up please

A wrong translation, and you are all crying like a 10 year child, grow a pair and shut up please

It wasn't just the daily mail, all the respectable papers were running with it as well, that rarely happens..

so, do you have a better translation? I'd certainly take any from the Belgium around here over the tabloids.

The problem is that Lukaku keeps on going - not like a one time thing.

BTW, I rather have Lukaku than Ba and Torres, but think his constant exposure with the media might not help that. Let me emphasize that: I'd rather keep Lukaku than Ba AND Torres! Andre can cover for the 3rd.

so, do you have a better translation? I'd certainly take any from the Belgium around here over the tabloids.

The problem is that Lukaku keeps on going - not like a one time thing.

Well he said :

“Well, Chelsea buy players every summer don’t they? There has always been fierce competition for places at Chelsea and with Torres, Ba and now Costa, this year wont be any different.”

“On the other hand, there is an awful lot of interest in me from other clubs. If you want to believe that means 1+1 is 2, well yes, I guess you could be right. I consider myself to be a complete striker and Chelsea are fully aware of how I feel about the current situation.”

“What I want to do now is concentrate on playing well for Belgium in the World Cup, that is good for everybody! We’ll see after the World Cup what crosses my path.”

If you won't provide an accurate translation then you can't be calling anyone "bitches". Provide an accurate translation.

Well he said :

a bit better but still a player (along his agent) who is fighting for a deal/pecking order.

Perhaps this is just about that: signing a better deal after all he only has 2 year left on his contract.

Here's the problem though: these players pay a lot of money to their agents so they don't have to antagonize the clubs, supporters, or coach, and yet all we hear is what lukaku wants or thinks. That's his agent's job.